Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner

Wow that means the Rams will have been without a 1st round pick from 2017-2023. Yet the've made the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years including a SB appearance.
I think it’s important to point out that the 3 of 4 playoff years + super bowl were all done with Goff. Guess I’m simply not getting the need to get into such a bad cap space plus lose more picks for a QB that is probably in the 10 to 12 region.

Yep got two of them instead.
Nope got a third this year. Statement is still good. Rams got fleeced because they wanted to dump his contract and the relationship between Goff and McVay had soured.

There were some on here who didn’t think that the Lions would get a first round draft pick for Stafford. They were right, the Lions got 2 first round draft picks for Stafford plus Goff. With what the Rams were willing to give up for Stafford, it only makes the asking price for a possible Watson trade that much higher. Hopefully the Dolphins will stick with Tua and not trade away their future for Watson.

Stafford is THAT much better than Goff? Not a chance. Plus, he's been hurt quite a bit recently. I think the Lions made out pretty good here, especially if they can get another decent QB in the draft

That’s awful management right there
They are in a win now mode and if they don’t win the SB in the next few years, the HC and GM will likely be gone and they won’t have to worry about the fact the Rams have no first round draft picks. To me Stafford is a major upgrade over a very mediocre Goff and the Rams will be able to entice free agents
because they have upgraded their chances of making the SB with Stafford as their QB.

Stafford is THAT much better than Goff? Not a chance. Plus, he's been hurt quite a bit recently. I think the Lions made out pretty good here, especially if they can get another decent QB in the draft
Yes, Stafford is that much better than Goff but I do agree the Rams gave up a lot to trade for Stafford.

They are in a win now mode and if they don’t win the SB in the next few years, the HC and GM will likely be gone and they won’t have to worry about the fact the Rams have no first round draft picks. To me Stafford is a major upgrade over a very mediocre Goff and the Rams will be able to entice free agents
because they have upgraded their chances of making the SB with Stafford as their QB.
free agents? I thought they were well over the cap now. I guess if they release and restructure they can sign a few

free agents? I thought they were well over the cap now. I guess if they release and restructure they can sign a few
They are presently in cap hell but you have to think they made this trade because they think Stafford will be the QB to get them back to the SB. I imagine they will cut some players if they feel they can upgrade their roster by adding a free agent or two. Yet they might just stick with their roster and just try and trim some fat and hope Stafford will be the difference at the QB position.

Technically they didn't get a first....this year.

They got a third. So statement still stands ☺️
No it doesn’t. You didn’t say this year you didn’t qualify your statement. You clearly don’t think much of Staffird which is your prerogative. But, clearly the pros in the nfl disagree with you. Let’s see how he does with a better team around him and a fresh start.

No it doesn’t. You didn’t say this year you didn’t qualify your statement. You clearly don’t think much of Staffird which is your prerogative. But, clearly the pros in the nfl disagree with you. Let’s see how he does with a better team around him and a fresh start.
Rams got fleeced. He is not worth what they paid. Desperate to get rid of his huge contact.

My point still stands... He is not worth a 1st

Rams got fleeced. He is not worth what they paid. Desperate to get rid of his huge contact.
Again, clearly the professionals don’t share your amateur arm chair assessment of Matt Stafford. This guy is a pretty talented qb who has a lot of tools to work with and a fair amount of experience. No one has won in Detroit since the 50’s. I’ll bet he’s going to do real well with the rams. Also, sets the bar for the price of a franchise QB. Now imagine how much Watson will cost who’s 10 years younger.

I think the Lions made out like bandits, but yes, Stafford is a lot better.

One of the rd1s was compensation for taking Goffs horrible contract though. There was more to it than just picks for MS.

Again, clearly the professionals don’t share your amateur arm chair assessment of Matt Stafford. This guy is a pretty talented qb who has a lot of tools to work with and a fair amount of experience. No one has won in Detroit since the 50’s. I’ll bet he’s going to do real well with the rams. Also, sets the bar for the price of a franchise QB. Now imagine how much Watson will cost who’s 10 years younger.
Professionals? Desperate to me.

Rams’ first round picks by year:
2016: Jared Goff
2017: None
2018: None
2019: None
2020: None
2021: None
2022: None
2023: None

Back
Top Bottom