Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions shopping Stafford. Perfect trade partner

Is there a one year out in this Goff contract

forgive me but Dan needs an owner as dumb as miamis has been in the past and might still be to pull this off

lol this is clown shoes

No player is worth 3 first round picks. And no team would give up three first round picks unless it was Mike Ditka, Wanny, or any fool willing to do that. A team would have to be beyond complete to take that high risk. Imagine if Watson gets injured? How can you make up for all those losses.
As strange as it sounds on 1/30/21...there was a time when people on this board were willing to make that move for Tua....

I think when you take on that money you are out of the qb market for that next year at least. Book it

Detroit is 100 percent out and Dan is already one foot out the door
The young cheap QB at #3 is the only hope they have! Lol

Is there a one year out in this Goff contract

forgive me but Dan needs an owner as dumb as miamis has been in the past and might still be to pull this off

lol this is clown shoes

Not sure how trading him works, but if the Rams were cutting him in '22 he would cost $30mill in dead cap. Like I said I'm not enough of an expert in if the trade will effect that dead cap number for Detriot.

I think the Lions got the additional 1st rounder for taking Goff's contract. Sort of like the Browns getting the 2nd rounder for taking on that bum that we ended up with a few years ago.
I don't think the Lions have any use for Goff.
Wow, that was 6 foot 7 inches of turd.

People here thought he was as good as Tannehill.

Wow we have clueless members.

with this move 3 years he’s gone. 6 year deal or not they bail and eat it
I don't understand it at all for the Lions. If I am a team rebuilding, I take pick 21 from the Colts over this deal. Picks 7 and 21 get you the 2nd or 3rd pick to draft your QB on a rookie payscale deal while you build. Yeah they get 2 future picks, but with Stafford in that offense to go along with that defense, those picks are going to be at the end of the first round, and now you have that contract weighing down your rebuild.

Also, they traded him to another NFC team, the Colts puts him in the AFC. As a Dolphin fan, this is good for us though

From our perspective, I guess this basically rules out Detroit as a trading partner for a QB however I wouldn't be surprised if they want to move up to take Sewell, he definitely fits the mold per Dan's press conference :)

From our perspective, I guess this basically rules out Detroit as a trading partner for a QB however I wouldn't be surprised if they want to move up to take Sewell, he definitely fits the mold per Dan's press conference :)
This could be true, but then again they could look to move up for a WR. Have to be careful.

When did it change that you could make trades before the current season was over? I thought once the trade deadline passed you couldn't make trades until the new fiscal season offically started, about the same time as free agency.

Good lord the Rams are stupid. Are there any other franchises known for throwing away draft pick aside from them and the Texans we can fleece this year???

The Rams were projected to be $31mill over the cap before this trade, lol, they still have a $8.5mill dead cap for Gurley in '21.

They are taking on Stafford's $33mill cap number, plus they are incurring $26mill in dead cap for trading Goff.

They do save $35mill in Goff's cap number. So they've basically just added $24mill to their cap, moving them to $55mill over. They surely must be looking to restructure Stafford.

There are no obvious candidates for them to cut that will give them some relief. They must be hoping to restructure some of their stars, good luck with Ramsey and Donald !!

Back
Top Bottom