Listening to Nick Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Listening to Nick Saban

Nick is great. I so enjoy listening to him. He has a plan and knows how to follow it. Thank goodness we don't have wanny still here. I couldn't stomach listening to him anymore. He was so clueless. Nick will bring this franchise back to the glory years. I wouldn't be surprised if we made the playoffs this year also. Unlike wanny who seemed to make every excuse for his players failures there is no way Saban will do that. It's either get the job done or we will find someone else who can. Got to love that

SWS84 said:
I don't know for sure, but I think I have read that Shula was a very intense coach when he was younger. Is that true? Was Shula as intense as Saban or JJ?

Steve

you are right, shula was a real fireball on the sideline and in practice. I remember watching as a kid on MOnday night and he was cussing the hell out of a ref. His swearing antics were commonplace, he did not take losing lightly, and he was a bulldog on his players.

I know that college is different from the NFL but when he was at LSU it was always great knowing that the guy on our sidelines was smarter than the guy across the field. I don't know how many games he will win with the Dolphins but I have no doubt that he will turn the Dolphins around. He knows it all about the game and talent evaluation is his forte. He has only one vulnerability. That is riding the fine line between jumping people's a$$ to help them improve and going overboard with it. The players at LSU respected him and dealt with it because they knew he was a winner and could get them to the NFL. He is a perfectionist and probably went overboard with chewing butt last year in the quest to be repeat National Champions. He didn't handle being at the top of the mountain as well as he did getting there. During the year last year there were rumors that up to 20% of the team was considering transferring because they had enough of his tactics. It is easy to deal with someone when you are winning the National Championship but the game became less fun for a lot of the players last year. I truly believe that Saban may have backed off a little last year given what he knows now. That was the first time he was in a "repeat for the title" mode and he just felt that he needed to ride them to keep their focus. With that said, if he would have stayed and 20% of the team actually did transfer, he still would have put a good team on the field and our coach would still be smarter than the other team's coach.

Are you guys actually writing this stuff. You have "a greatest coach of all time" ? He's had TWO PRACTICES!!

tigerskin said:
I know that college is different from the NFL but when he was at LSU it was always great knowing that the guy on our sidelines was smarter than the guy across the field. I don't know how many games he will win with the Dolphins but I have no doubt that he will turn the Dolphins around. He knows it all about the game and talent evaluation is his forte. He has only one vulnerability. That is riding the fine line between jumping people's a$$ to help them improve and going overboard with it. The players at LSU respected him and dealt with it because they knew he was a winner and could get them to the NFL. He is a perfectionist and probably went overboard with chewing butt last year in the quest to be repeat National Champions. He didn't handle being at the top of the mountain as well as he did getting there. During the year last year there were rumors that up to 20% of the team was considering transferring because they had enough of his tactics. It is easy to deal with someone when you are winning the National Championship but the game became lless fun for a lot of the players last year. I truly believe that Saban may have backed off a little last year given what he knows now. That was the first time he was in a "repeat for the title" mode and he just felt that he needed to ride them to keep their focus. With that said, if he would have stayed and 20% of the team actually did transfer, he still would have put a good team on the field and our coach would still be smarter than the other team's coach.

IMO, that's a good thing. I'm a Mississippi State guy, and we've had 17 players leave for one reason or another in the past year. Some left to get more playing time elsewhere. Some were kicked off. Others simply quit because "things were too tough" according to Sylvester Croom. Croom has brought discipline and toughness to the Mississippi State program, and the players that are left will play hard. There may not be many pro prospects on the team yet, but I think he will build the program up in the long run. If he's half of what Saban was at LSU, then MSU has a gem.

KB, I think the days of us being outcoached are pretty much over. Thank goodness. Plus the team won't be boring and predictable anymore. Jimmy and Wannstedt really coached a very dull brand of football. Run, run, run and punt. Tough to watch after the Marino years. Better days are comin' and I can't wait to see Linehan open up the offense, Houck work his magic on our o-line and Saban design schemes on d that keep the other teams offense guessing and playing on their heels. It will be a joy to watch Ronnie Brown become a star.

KB21 said:
IMO, that's a good thing. I'm a Mississippi State guy, and we've had 17 players leave for one reason or another in the past year. Some left to get more playing time elsewhere. Some were kicked off. Others simply quit because "things were too tough" according to Sylvester Croom. Croom has brought discipline and toughness to the Mississippi State program, and the players that are left will play hard. There may not be many pro prospects on the team yet, but I think he will build the program up in the long run. If he's half of what Saban was at LSU, then MSU has a gem.

As an Alabama guy, I'm rooting almost as hard for Croom as I am for my own team. I can't be critical of the hiring of Shula because I think he's going to be great for Alabama, but we really missed out by not hiring the more qualified coach who also could have sent a real message out about how things are different at Alabama now.

Losman7 said:
Are you guys actually writing this stuff. You have "a greatest coach of all time" ? He's had TWO PRACTICES!!
We're optimistic people. :cooldude:

Losman7 said:

Yes, but they have been 2 of the greatest practices ever!!!;)

Losman7 said:

and Bills fans have been calling Losman and Mcgahee the greatest QB/RB ever. :shakeno:

he also never gives the media anything with his interviews, he just plays with thier dumb questions, i love it, they deserve it after the BS they have done over the last four years wanny or not this miami media has alot of idiots

One of my favorite things so far is his interviews... I get the feeling like he's teaching them too. He frequently answers a stupid question with a question back to the reporter. It's pretty funny, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom