Listening to Nick Saban | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Listening to Nick Saban

I don't think Bill Belichick inherited the talent that Nick has inherited. This team was not a 4-12 team based on talent last season. This was an 8-8 team on talent, 0-16 team on coaching. Split the difference, and you have a 4-12 team.

IMO, Nick will have this team at least at 8-8 this season.

Yeah when comparing to Whinny er Wanshot er Wanny, from that standpoint yes, yes he is. From a league standpoint I also agree, he is very smart and confident. From a fans standpoint I am also in concurrence, that he will get it done, he has to so he will get it done,- - - from that standpoint.

What?

KB21 said:
When I was thinking about going into coaching, I had actually declared psychology as a major. About two weeks before starting classes at Mississippi State, I changed back to biochemistry. Sometimes, when I'm sitting in a medical school class, I wonder what might have been had I chosen the other route to go into coaching. Not that I am unhappy with my choice. In three years, I'll be very happy with my choice. School friggin sucks though!!

I think you made the right choice. Had you studied Psychology and attempted a career in coaching, youd never be able to backtrack to the world of medicine.

Go finish your degree in Biochem, make some money, and THEN - if youre not too old – take a stab at coaching. The door will not shut on you because of your choice of majors. You’ll have lots of other obstacles in your way, but your education will not be one of them.

KB21 said:
I don't think Bill Belichick inherited the talent that Nick has inherited. This team was not a 4-12 team based on talent last season. This was an 8-8 team on talent, 0-16 team on coaching. Split the difference, and you have a 4-12 team.

IMO, Nick will have this team at least at 8-8 this season.

0 and 16 is an understatement. If the NFL regulated teams based on their coaching talent, we would have never stepped on the field. Bates was the only one worth a damn.

Muck said:
Yup. The common theme around there is "He'd better win". Because there is a very large amount of backlash just waiting to be uncorked, both in the media and inside.

The odds are that we won't be winning this year. We're rebuilding. And you can't get it all done in a year. Bill Belichick went 5-11 his first year in New England. But who knows, we might make the wild card round.

Regardless, if the Phins lose three straight (with two not close) at some point, I expect the media start hammering him. But I honestly don't think he'd care TOO much because he doesn't respect most of them IMO. I think he feels he's above the media. So it won't be too much of a problem for him. And the fans will be behind him regardless.

I think Saban has a plan and he's sticking to it through hell our high water in 2005. Wayne's given him time to build a solid foundation and turn this thing around......his way. So he'll be damned if a few talk radio hosts or print reporters have something bad to say about him.

Well, after reading Jason Cole's article today, I think he might top the list of Saban bashing. You could tell by the tone of the article that he might not wait until a losing streak at all, he might start writing his article at halftime if Miami's losing.

I'm not worried though. With the staff he has assembled, I think the team will surprise a lot of people this year.

Muck said:
And the fans will be behind him regardless.

If he loses a few in a row, the media will whip up a hate-frenzy. They'll run him out of town, eventually. It may take a few years, but, if the papers keep these guys on (rather than transferring them to the Lawn and Garden section), they'll get their shot during a losing streak. Fans are fickled and generally blown around by the changing wind of whatever is currently pumped into their heads. Time is on the Phin hating media's side here. He has got to win, from the start in order to develop a protective buffer in the fans' collective psyche.

Back
Top Bottom