Live Press Conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Live Press Conference

ERGGGH!!!

That means Joel Collier as OC. Lets hope he's the next...the next...the next...umm, I know there's some real names at D-Coord like Belichick etc but do ANY OCs really last?

I would say the next Norv Turner but ya'll would crucify me.

BTW I would love Dave McGinnis to come and be our next DB coach, replacing Mel Phillips...who I respect...but I respect McGinnis more heh. What a motivator Dave is.

I could just wish that Trestman would be the OC so that he could start us off installing a WCO, cuz that would give us stability at the coordinator spot even if Trestman ended up leaving us within a few years. With a lame duck guy like Joel Collier calling the offense and us drafting a rookie QB, that young guy is gonna have to re-learn a whole new system within a year or two max.

Oh yeah baby... I love live press conferences. Well, at least they are keeping us interested so far this off-season:lol:

I thought someone said that Mark Trestman is now our new OC? Does that mean Joe COllier or whoever the RB coach is is not the OC? if so then good. Were trying to get our passing game back and goin, we dont want a RB coach running the offense, I love ricky but we cant rely on him every down of the game.

The problem is, going to a Trestman offense is like the polar opposite I think. Does great work with QBs but I mean, he doesn't like having a back like Ricky and tends to utilize speedier pass catchers and stuff.

Can Ricky be a WCO runningback? Biiiggg question mark. Its a different style of running, we're not just talkin about amount of carries here. Keep in mind we invested 2 firsts in Ricky whereas we'll only be investing one in our QB of the future (hopefully Rivers, especially with a WCO).

The papers this morning said the leading candidate for OC to replace Norv would be Joel Collier. Section126 was the guy came out and "reported" that we tapped Trestman and will announce it at 5pm, but he's yet to prove it with a link or even tell us where this info came from.

When I heard we're havin a press conference at 5pm to announce changes in the coaching staff I assumed that meant Collier. We'll see but, one problem. The Raiders are holding their PC about Norv at 5pm as well.

They'll probably show the Raiders PC and not ours...

"additions" what does that mean???...did we hire a new OC or are we promoting from within? Did we get a new QB coach or a new RB coach...Bernie would not be an addition b/c he already was on our staff!!!

Go Fins!!!

Hearst was used great in the 95 Trestman O.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The problem is, going to a Trestman offense is like the polar opposite I think.

I dont think that is necessarily the case. I'm sure in all the years he's had in football he's been around the I offense. I'm sure he could do a fine job in a system like Norv's.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The problem is, going to a Trestman offense is like the polar opposite I think. Does great work with QBs but I mean, he doesn't like having a back like Ricky and tends to utilize speedier pass catchers and stuff.

Can Ricky be a WCO runningback? Biiiggg question mark. Its a different style of running, we're not just talkin about amount of carries here. Keep in mind we invested 2 firsts in Ricky whereas we'll only be investing one in our QB of the future (hopefully Rivers, especially with a WCO).

The papers this morning said the leading candidate for OC to replace Norv would be Joel Collier. Section126 was the guy came out and "reported" that we tapped Trestman and will announce it at 5pm, but he's yet to prove it with a link or even tell us where this info came from.

When I heard we're havin a press conference at 5pm to announce changes in the coaching staff I assumed that meant Collier. We'll see but, one problem. The Raiders are holding their PC about Norv at 5pm as well.

They'll probably show the Raiders PC and not ours...

See this is something I have NEVER understood about football coaches.

If I walked into a gig, and it was stocked with guys like Williams, Chambers, and McMichael...I would fit my system around my players.

Why do so many coaches do tha opposite?

Makes zero sense.

Running the ball is a vital part of the WCO. The WCO is a ball control offense of short passes(which would make a lot of sence if we take Rivers), & what RB is better than Ricky at ball control? The WCO could work here.

It definitely could. We have the TEs. We just need a WR like a Devery Henderson to suprise some teams.

The WCO utilizes more split back sets, etc...but look at Green Bay. They're a WC team and Ahman Green was running wild. If we switched you would see more screens and dumps to Ricky and Konrad would catch 30+ passes/year.

Back
Top Bottom