Locked On Dolphins' Kyle Crabbs Final Dolphins Big Board - 2024 Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locked On Dolphins' Kyle Crabbs Final Dolphins Big Board - 2024 Draft

Tough crowd! Thanks to those of you who have checked it out.

RE: observations about player values...

Player ratings are not adjusted for injuries and character concerns. That was disclosed in the article that you all accessed to read the rankings and also discussed on my show at length! So Payton Wilson's ranking is simply a reflection of how good of a fit he is for Miami's anticipated scheme. It does not reflect positional value, age, injury history & medical flags, etc. Players are, however, flagged with a letter to indicate that there's a deeper issue with the player that may disqualify them from being picked in a certain pick range. (I said on today's show that I would not draft Wilson in the first two rounds, for example)

That same logic applies to Caleb Williams. Of course a quarterback needy team would preempt other players who are better pure grades because the positional value of a quarterback transcends the value of other players.

As far as Brian Thomas Jr. goes; he's a raw player IMO. 2/3rds of his production came from 3 routes: hitches, curls and fades. The grade is a reflection of the player that he is now and I would, in a draft scenario, field a discussion about him versus all other players in the same tier as him to try to determine the best big picture decision, be that a 1-year forecast or a 3-year forecast for a player. (This was also discussed on today's show!)

Hope you all have a great draft week and some of you can rest easy...I am indeed not running the draft on Thursday and Friday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 7.19.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 7.19.12 PM.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 14

Player ratings are not adjusted for injuries and character concerns. That was disclosed in the article that you all accessed to read the rankings and also discussed on my show at length! So Payton Wilson's ranking is simply a reflection of how good of a fit he is for Miami's anticipated scheme. It does not reflect positional value, age, injury history & medical flags, etc. Players are, however, flagged with a letter to indicate that there's a deeper issue with the player that may disqualify them from being picked in a certain pick range. (I said on today's show that I would not draft Wilson in the first two rounds, for example)

That same logic applies to Caleb Williams. Of course a quarterback needy team would preempt other players who are better pure grades because the positional value of a quarterback transcends the value of other players.

As far as Brian Thomas Jr. goes; he's a raw player IMO. 2/3rds of his production came from 3 routes: hitches, curls and fades. The grade is a reflection of the player that he is now and I would, in a draft scenario, field a discussion about him versus all other players in the same tier as him to try to determine the best big picture decision, be that a 1-year forecast or a 3-year forecast for a player. (This was also discussed on today's show!)

Hope you all have a great draft week and some of you can rest easy...I am indeed not running the draft on Thursday and Friday.

Welcome to the site

Look forward to you posting with us

I’m an every day listener. It’s my team every day.

It’s a great listen. Keep up the great work because your modeling career might not take off. :cheers:

A0531A68-C47D-44F0-B217-99F3B054DA39.jpeg

Would be awesome if you found the time to post every so often.

I loved it. Signed up for more. Love the podcast too! Great work. !

Welcome Kyle! Great insight on today’s show from another every day listener. Stick around and post as your knowledge especially when it comes to the draft is fantastic.

Great to have you here Kyle.

John

Great job! Thanks for posting.

I was looking at it as fit for Miamis scheme. So not sure where the confusion was lol.

Anyway, thanks again!

I listen to your show all the time. Informative. 👍

Kyle,

Thanks for posting. Love your podcasts. Regarding BTJ, I don't want to beat the horse into putty. With that said, did he not excel at other routes or is that simply all they asked of him? Curious your thoughts and the thoughts behind other WR's you have ranked above him. I think you touched on it a bit in the PC regarding a player like Pearsall being more plug and play in year one which helps with our win now window.

That’s Travis Wingfield and I can’t listen to him.
Why? He's a massively intelligent football mind who has the dream job we would all kill for. I think he's also done a very good job of not changing his outlook simply because the Phins now pay him. He's always been a glass half full guy, I guess that's why I like him.

Back
Top Bottom