LOL @ Jets | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

I don't understand why the Jets don't play Hackenberg or Petty to see what they have. What's to lose at this point unless they fell it would undermined their confidence if the Jets continue losing.

Disagree. I've seen nothing that impresses me from any of the 3 this year. Miami has played the best recently.

Buff and the Jets are dead barring a crazy winning streak.

I just looked at Miami's schedule and it breaks out better than I thought. That game against Arizona being in MIA is huge. They have a path to 9 or 10 wins.

I'm not one to look at history as an example of why I don't think they'll make it because no two seasons are the same, but the Dolphins always find ways to blow it down the stretch of a season when it is all there for them. Maybe Gase will be different.

Buffalo has been really impressive considering how undermanned they are. Miami is playing well the last few weeks rising Ajayi

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I don't understand why the Jets don't play Hackenberg or Petty to see what they have. What's to lose at this point unless they fell it would undermined their confidence if the Jets continue losing.

Todd Bowles.

I think Petty will see the field for a good amount of time this year. I think the regime wants to keep trying to win until they feel they are out of it. Me and you know their season is over but they are probably still holding out hope they can get on a win streak and be playing for something a month from now.

They just hopefully have to understand when enough is enough and start looking to 2017 and evaluate Petty to see what he has. Hack was never suppose to see the field this year. They want to work with him on his mechanics in the off season.

If we don't see Petty this week I think Fitz will beat the Rams in our building. It would then be weird to bench him after that. So if Petty doesn't start this week the start that makes the most sense is Monday Night Football against the Colts. Assuming Fitz doesn't beat New England after their bye week.

If Fitz loses this week the Jets will probably go to Petty and give him 2 weeks to prepare for a home game against NE. I think it makes sense to start him coming out of the bye. It would just be weird to bench Fitz if the team wins. Unless he plays awful.

I initially thought it would be a good idea to stick with Fitz for one more week and go to Petty coming out of the bye against New England but I'm leaning more towards starting him now at home against the Rams. I don't think they'll do it though.

You're entitled to your opinion. It's not like being mediocre is much better than being bad. I think all 3 (Buff, MIA, NYJ) are all pretty much the same. I thought the Jets were better than Buff and MIA. I was wrong. I was hoping Fitz would be able to replicate what he did last year.

I had the other 2 better than Miami also. My preseason pick for my team was 5-11. It's still possible.

I think Petty will see the field for a good amount of time this year. I think the regime wants to keep trying to win until they feel they are out of it. Me and you know their season is over but they are probably still holding out hope they can get on a win streak and be playing for something a month from now.

They just hopefully have to understand when enough is enough and start looking to 2017 and evaluate Petty to see what he has. Hack was never suppose to see the field this year. They want to work with him on his mechanics in the off season.

If we don't see Petty this week I think Fitz will beat the Rams in our building. It would then be weird to bench him after that. So if Petty doesn't start this week the start that makes the most sense is Monday Night Football against the Colts. Assuming Fitz doesn't beat New England after their bye week.

If Fitz loses this week the Jets will probably go to Petty and give him 2 weeks to prepare for a home game against NE. I think it makes sense to start him coming out of the bye. It would just be weird to bench Fitz if the team wins. Unless he plays awful.

I initially thought it would be a good idea to stick with Fitz for one more week and go to Petty coming out of the bye against New England but I'm leaning more towards starting him now at home against the Rams. I don't think they'll do it though.

Jets will beat the Rams. Their season will come down to the NE game after the bye. Lose that and any hope you may not even have will be gone.

Jets will beat the Rams. Their season will come down to the NE game after the bye. Lose that and any hope you may not even have will be gone.

I think our season is over now. Mathematically yes, we would still be alive. Lots of teams get in at 10-6. But running the table now is almost impossible with NE twice.

I think if we played with Fitz the rest of the season we would win 7 or 8 games. But that's pointless. It makes sense to evaluate Petty, suffer the inevitable 5 or 6 win season, and rebuild for the seasons to follow.

I think our season is over now. Mathematically yes, we would still be alive. Lots of teams get in at 10-6. But running the table now is almost impossible with NE twice.

I think if we played with Fitz the rest of the season we would win 7 or 8 games. But that's pointless. It makes sense to evaluate Petty, suffer the inevitable 5 or 6 win season, and rebuild for the seasons to follow.

Is Bowles concerned about his job? If he is, would turning to Petty be good or bad for his long-term future with the team?

Richardson is disputing his record of tardiness in the media. Sounds like the start of fracturing within the structure of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Bowles concerned about his job? If he is, would turning to Petty be good or bad for his long-term future with the team?

The Jet's are a built to win now team...turning to Petty would send "the season's over" message and probably help lose the locker room.

the locker room is already lost, our Gm while building for long term was also trying to keep us competitive. it worked last year, it didn't work this year.

the locker room is already lost, our Gm while building for long term was also trying to keep us competitive. it worked last year, it didn't work this year.

I don't think the locker room is lost yet.

All the AFCE have a brutal schedule this year...I didn't think anyone other than the Pat's would come away with a winning record this year. With this schedule did you really believe the Jets would be a playoff team?

I don't think the locker room is lost yet.

All the AFCE have a brutal schedule this year...I didn't think anyone other than the Pat's would come away with a winning record this year. With this schedule did you really believe the Jets would be a playoff team?

I think the sched was overrated, we didn’t get off to the slow start b/c of the sched. We played awful football. Cincy isn’t as good as usual, Ari isn’t as good as usual, Sea is beatable, KC is beatable. If we were good we should at least be 5-4 and in the race.

Probably more along the lines of hiding the fact from their fan base that neither is ready to take the field & they screwed the picks up

If they don't beat the Ram's it's gonna get real ugly...

I think the sched was overrated, we didn’t get off to the slow start b/c of the sched. We played awful football. Cincy isn’t as good as usual, Ari isn’t as good as usual, Sea is beatable, KC is beatable. If we were good we should at least be 5-4 and in the race.

I agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom