Look at these Pansies in Jacksonville | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Look at these Pansies in Jacksonville

Just tell me why our super bowl teams could give a damn about practice in the heat for a six game preseason and shulas triple sessions. they were what 36 and 2 or something, these modern athletes break down too easy because they work out way tooo much trust me on this one it is my field

TigerJ said:
Because some Dolphin fans have to put down other teams in order to convince themselves they are superior?
No, just some teams. Your team does it for us. :lol:

Bonedoc7777 said:
Just tell me why our super bowl teams could give a damn about practice in the heat for a six game preseason and shulas triple sessions. they were what 36 and 2 or something, these modern athletes break down too easy because they work out way tooo much trust me on this one it is my field
Think maybe the roids have something to do with it,doc?;)

They will still practice in the heat in the morning. They also will not practice all the time at night. The turnout to training camp last year for the Jags when they had some at night was good. This year they are also doing it for that very reason to give fans a chance to come to training camp for autographs and what not. Oh yeah and it is still hot at night up here also because they will practice around 5:00 till like 6:45 or 7:00.

Bonedoc7777 said:
Not being rude it may sound tht way, what exactly is your field?

I think DelRio is making a mistake if he is only practicing at night to escape the heat. Perhaps it makes sense to practice at night on occasion as a break, but they need to get used to game time conditions at some point.

I don't think it will make that big of a difference. When I played and we practiced in the heat, I was so concerned about my next drink of water I sometimes lost focus on what was going on. Many of my teammates say the same. :dunno: I really doubt it makes a diff though.

jesusfreak26 said:
They will still practice in the heat in the morning. They also will not practice all the time at night. The turnout to training camp last year for the Jags when they had some at night was good. This year they are also doing it for that very reason to give fans a chance to come to training camp for autographs and what not. Oh yeah and it is still hot at night up here also because they will practice around 5:00 till like 6:45 or 7:00.
Good explanation.The answer is is always not as simple as it sounds.I am sure they will mix in normal day practices before games.:cooldude:

JPhinfan86 said:
I don't think it will make that big of a difference. When I played and we practiced in the heat, I was so concerned about my next drink of water I sometimes lost focus on what was going on. Many of my teammates say the same. :dunno: I really doubt it makes a diff though.

I think it makes a huge difference. When we got a new coach in highschool we had double session in the heat, 3 hours each session, and at the end of each session we ran 45 minutes of sprints. Yea it was hot and I really wanted water, but when we played our games I didn't need to get one drink. While the other team was in the 4th quarter hunched over breathing heavy, I was ready to play another full game.

TroyStradford said:
And lose so many later in the season because they've lost so much weight and stamina.

THis is the modern day NFL. I have yet to see a game that we lost later in the year because of our practing in the heat and the rain. So you're saying the cooler games affect us? I don't know if I agree with that. The Dolphins have nutritionists, doctors, etc watching these millionare athletes. They lose because occasionally they make mistakes, and sometimes they dont want it enough.

Williams34Phins said:
I think it makes a huge difference. When we got a new coach in highschool we had double session in the heat, 3 hours each session, and at the end of each session we ran 45 minutes of sprints. Yea it was hot and I really wanted water, but when we played our games I didn't need to get one drink. While the other team was in the 4th quarter hunched over breathing heavy, I was ready to play another full game.
Apparently you don't pick up on sarcasm too well. :lol: I know for a fact that two-a-days in the heat made night games seem like a breeze. Me losing focus on the plays in practice wasn't a big deal, I knew the playbook in and out and was ready come game time. The exposure to the heat is what did the trick, just spacing it out was the key (avoiding heat exhaustion).

Back
Top Bottom