Looking ahead to the 2021 FAs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking ahead to the 2021 FAs

The entire starting LB core needs an upgrade. Baker, Van Noy and Robert's all have been inconsistent. They've had their moments but in the Denver game they were all exposed. But I do agree about Allen Robinson. If Miami can sign him, that be fantastic.

Both of those players have flashed. But Miami does need an upgrade.
When we signed them, my response... Oh great... new reserve linebackers... (sigh).

Heh! I don't remember who it was, but somebody jumped down my throat and told me how good Roberts was going to be.

FA RBs RARELY work out... never say never. Peterson has been gashing the Texans all morning.

Just don't give them a lot of money, and make sure that you have an easy out on the contract.

Well in my Madden off season I was able to pick up a RB named Barry Sanders off the Legends List, and he has really worked out well for me. Not sure if he is available IRL but it's worth a look....

When we signed them, my response... Oh great... new reserve linebackers... (sigh).

Heh! I don't remember who it was, but somebody jumped down my throat and told me how good Roberts was going to be.
Roberts had that one standout game and is definitely a hitter. But we haven't seen the consistency.

Watching the offense, I think the early draft picks will go there but hopefully the team can find some upgrades at linebacker.

Roberts had that one standout game and is definitely a hitter. But we haven't seen the consistency.

Watching the offense, I think the early draft picks will go there but hopefully the team can find some upgrades at linebacker.
Roberts is pretty much what we had with McMillian... he can come forward and fill holes, but that's about it. A two-down run thumper.

Fine for a reserve linebacker, but not for a starter.

In my ever-so-humble opinion... (witness the cloud of humility that surrounds me) the reason our run defense has been poor isn't our D-line at all, it's that second line of defense. Baker makes lots of tackle (almost always well down field), and Roberts only plays forward.

The Lawson/Van Ginkle/Ogbah trio are edge players and cause all sorts of disruption... so they get a pass, but Baker/Roberts/Grugier Hill... ALL of them are 100% replaceable.

we need to hope Micah Parsons falls to us. the kid is a huge upgrade. If david was younger I would be all about him. we need to build through the draft imo. especially at rb

15 carries for 55 yards is gashing? They’re also going to be 4-7.
He ran tough, put up some nice gains... even though Houston KNEW he was going to get the ball. Not bad for a 35 year old running back.

Imagine what he could have done at 28... which is about the age that any FA that we bring in will be.

Those that say, never bring in a FA RB, they always suck... are wrong.

If they'd say, "never bring in a high-priced free-agent," then I'd agree with them. That isn't smart. But bringing in a guy to get 10-12 carries, for a reasonable sum... that is a perfectly sensible decision.

Aaron Jones might be a suitable candidate. He'll only be 26 next year and the Packers are up against the cap.

I'd be willing to offer him Jordan Howard money and a 2 year deal, though that might not be enough. It's worth a look in the cap-strapped offseason.

He ran tough, put up some nice gains... even though Houston KNEW he was going to get the ball. Not bad for a 35 year old running back.

Imagine what he could have done at 28... which is about the age that any FA that we bring in will be.

Those that say, never bring in a FA RB, they always suck... are wrong.

If they'd say, "never bring in a high-priced free-agent," then I'd agree with them. That isn't smart. But bringing in a guy to get 10-12 carries, for a reasonable sum... that is a perfectly sensible decision.
AP is a rare player. In his prime he was the type of back that could grind it between the tackles and/or take it to the house on any play.

The point remains that age and mileage have gotten the best of him.

I agree with drafting your RB room and filling it out with free agents. We could easily draft 2 RB's this year, one with picks 3 or 4 and another a few rounds later.

I think we'll double dip at LB and RB in this draft.

Back
Top Bottom