Looking into Miller & Vernon's stats through 3....did we make the right decision? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking into Miller & Vernon's stats through 3....did we make the right decision?

I wanted OV gone and I really didn't care about Miller because our running game would be fine if we could block...but we can't...so it wouldn't matter if he was here anyway. Perfectly fine with both of them gone.

Texans are using him wrong. They're asking him to run power instead of zone from what I've seen.

Vernon is a good player, just not worth nearly the insane money he got.

Yep. I don't get it. Miller is an excellent one-cut zone runner. Then again O'Brien lobbied for Fraudweiler, so there might be some clues (or clueless) into that scenario.

And Vernon's contract should have been dealt with the season before. Good for him to get the money he got, and it was fine to move on considering we weren't proactive in retaining him.

Save the stat staring on Miller. It doesn't provide any context in to his current situation.

I liked Vernon and Miller, but they were WAAAAYYYY over paid! We had to let them walk. I also don't miss Vernon's bonehead plays that would pop up at bad moments!

Gotta love football and critics. Miller is getting the blame for playing "okay" so far? I guess RBs are supposed to literally run through people's skeletons to score TDs.

Gotta love football and critics. Miller is getting the blame for playing "okay" so far? I guess RBs are supposed to literally run through people's skeletons to score TDs.

We should never be able to judge a player unless we factor in the system hes in, the players around him, his position coach, his frequency of use, what color Gatorade he drank, if his jock strap was put on too tight, or he ate his frosted flakes in the morning.

Its only fair. :idk:

We should never be able to judge a player unless we factor in the system hes in, the players around him, his position coach, his frequency of use . . .

Seriously. Critical thinking is for the birds. Amirite

:bobdole:

In regards to Miller... Miller and Rashad Jennings had almost identical numbers last year with Miller having more TD's. I highly doubt anyone here is jumping on the Jennings bandwagon.... Miller was nothing great. His media hype train took off as he got closer to FA.

We should never be able to judge a player unless we factor in the system hes in, the players around him, his position coach, his frequency of use, what color Gatorade he drank, if his jock strap was put on too tight, or he ate his frosted flakes in the morning.

Its only fair. :idk:

Last year Houston was 15th in rushing yards and 24th in rushing TDs (as a team they had less TDs than Miller). I'd say it's either the scheme or the OL itself.

Both players' situations were mishandled badly by the Dolphins. They should have been extended prior to the 2015 season.

Lamar Miller is the same guy he was in Miami. He had no run blocking (Thomas, Turner, the stiff kid from the U at right tackle) and he produced here. He's ridiculously better than anyone on Miami's roster. Losing Miller was ineptitude of the first order, more like malpractice now that we have to look at the five guys getting carries now. It's not really about how good Miller is in gross sense. He's not LaDanian Tomlinson in his prime. No one is going to argue that. It's in the reality of what Miami is left with absent Miller.

Don't whine about run blocking in Miami. Miller ran here with piss poor blocking and got it done.

Vernon could have signed for less the summer prior to the 2015 season.

The front office is not just in charge of evaluating new talent. Being able to comprehend the talent on your own roster is part of the deal. Miami has bombed badly on both fronts.

Both players' situations were mishandled badly by the Dolphins. They should have been extended prior to the 2015 season.

Question - and I honestly don't know the answer. Is it documented somewhere Miami didn't try to sign Miller/OV/et al the year prior or is it assumed so because the signings didn't take place?

Your stats arent taking into account all those b.a. qb hurries Vernon gets. I watched a bit of ny/wash and saw vern get a roughing the qb personal foul didnt miss him much

Bottom line its NEVER good to lose some of your BEST YOUNG TALENT. I know a lot of peeps try spinning this other ways but we should have found a way to keep both well before the inflated FA market kicked in. It's not like we were being proactive in that direction -- THAT'S THE BIG ISSUE.

TBum sucks.

BNF.

Lamar Millers average plummeted since getting more carries just like I said it would. he's doing his awesome thing again where he constantly runs for 0-1 yard on first down and its hurting the texans just like it hurt us. His carries will continue to go down IMO, because hes just not a workhorse.

Losing Vernon was a bad move. He's playing well, he's young, and we have no young pass rushers anymore. If we found a player of vernons level in first couple rounds, we would be estatic about it. Except we already had our guy and let him go, why again?

Back
Top Bottom