Looking into Miller & Vernon's stats through 3....did we make the right decision? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking into Miller & Vernon's stats through 3....did we make the right decision?

Seriously. Critical thinking is for the birds. Amirite

:bobdole:

No. I am all for critical thinking. I'm just not a fan of mental masturbation. Seems like its a chronic problem around here.

This is football, not a Sherlock Holmes story.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Last year Houston was 15th in rushing yards and 24th in rushing TDs (as a team they had less TDs than Miller). I'd say it's either the scheme or the OL itself.

You obviously missed my point.

Lamar Millers average plummeted since getting more carries just like I said it would. he's doing his awesome thing again where he constantly runs for 0-1 yard on first down and its hurting the texans just like it hurt us. His carries will continue to go down IMO, because hes just not a workhorse.

Losing Vernon was a bad move. He's playing well, he's young, and we have no young pass rushers anymore. If we found a player of vernons level in first couple rounds, we would be estatic about it. Except we already had our guy and let him go, why again?

Houston was 26th in ypc last year. I'd say the bigger issue is the scheme and run-blocking.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

No. I am all for critical thinking. I'm just not a fan of mental masturbation. Seems like its a chronic problem around here.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Well you're frosty after all.

Houston was 26th in ypc last year. I'd say the bigger issue is the scheme and run-blocking.[

Whats with this forum and blaming everyone but the actual player who sucks?

Miller has never been a work horse, they thought he would be one with more carries. His average has plummeted since. How Abiut maybe, just maybe, our staff understood he couldn't handle a heavy load and knew to keep him at his best they had to limit his carries.

This idea our staff just never thought of giving him the ball more is hilarious. You really think a freaking NFL coaching staff never thought, "hey let's run the ball more"?

More likely, miller just can't do it.

We should never be able to judge a player unless we factor in the system hes in, the players around him, his position coach, his frequency of use, what color Gatorade he drank, if his jock strap was put on too tight, or he ate his frosted flakes in the morning.

Its only fair. :idk:

Unless it's the QB.

Miller has never been a work horse, they thought he would be one with more carries. His average has plummeted since. How Abiut maybe, just maybe, our staff understood he couldn't handle a heavy load and knew to keep him at his best they had to limit his carries.

This idea our staff just never thought of giving him the ball more is hilarious. You really think a freaking NFL coaching staff never thought, "hey let's run the ball more"?

I actually 100% agree with this.

I wish we kept was Lamar, but I forget if our lack of playing him sealed the deal for his departure?

That's always been my theory, that he was gone either way. Deals being equal or close, he was primed to pick "the other guy" rather than go back to the team that yanked him everytime he started to get going. In fairness, he got what he wanted in Houston - an everydown role so good for him.

Agree Vernon was just overpriced.

I know a lot of Giants fans that already feel they regret paying that much money to him.

Texans are using him wrong. They're asking him to run power instead of zone from what I've seen.

Vernon is a good player, just not worth nearly the insane money he got.

Pretty much what I've seen from Miller too. I've seen them try to run him up the gut on short yardage and we know how that works out. The few runs he's broken have generally been off tackle. His two best runs last week came on his first and last carries of the game.

That's always been my theory, that he was gone either way. Deals being equal or close, he was primed to pick "the other guy" rather than go back to the team that yanked him everytime he started to get going. In fairness, he got what he wanted in Houston - an everydown role so good for him.

Agree Vernon was just overpriced.

At the time I thought he was, but he's playing well, he's getting pressure on the QB.

The money seems like a lot, but contracts are going up for everyone.

And at the end of the day, he may not Be Von Miller, but he's still a young pass rusher. Where are we going to get a new young pass rusher to replace him? Teams don't let pass rushers go very often.

I think were switching the 3-4 anyway which is why we probably let him walk.

I'm just not a fan of mental masturbation. Seems like its a chronic problem around here.

No doubt. Here's just a sample of some of the stupid **** that gets posted around here.

We should never be able to judge a player unless we factor in . . . what color Gatorade he drank, if his jock strap was put on too tight, or he ate his frosted flakes in the morning.

:alert:

Except that is exactly what the **** happened last year.

Miami Dolphins run/pass ratio for '15: 36/67

Which ranked the Dolphins run attempts at 29th in the NFL.

I saw Miller carry the ball one time on 3rd and 1 this year. Guess what happened?

must-not-fap-pl-ffffff-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats with this forum and blaming everyone but the actual player who sucks?

You've already said he can't do it so what's to argue? The guy is 4th in the league in yards. Aside from having no TDs, what else is he supposed to do?

You've already said he can't do it so what's to argue? The guy is 4th in the league in yards. Aside from having no TDs, what else is he supposed to do?

You have a ton of attempts you going to get yards but he is down a FULL ypc from last year and that's with a much better oline that everyone said he fit in perfectly for... He's not having a good year

Back
Top Bottom