Looking into Miller & Vernon's stats through 3....did we make the right decision? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking into Miller & Vernon's stats through 3....did we make the right decision?

Wasn't even that big of a hit, Vernon followed thru with a push. Soft.

Newton removes himself from the passing equation when he leaves the pocket and becomes a runner.

I know you know the rule and its application, so I don't understand the confusion. Any contact on the QB's head is a personal foul - even a stray hand or arm that barely grazes the helmet is a PF.

Agree that Cam isn't protected when he's a runner, but he doesn't get calls - in the pocket - that other QB's do.

How did he prove anyone wrong?

Campbell wanted to run the ball more, not less, but he didn't believe miller could do it. Thats why miller has few gakes where he even sniffs 20 carries.

Thats why Cian over here had to throw out some random bs ****, about 10+ carries. 10 carries is not a lot of carries. He just picks and chooses random bs to try and prove his point.

This random rinky dink football outsiders stat means nothing. It actually proves me right. Miller at his best is a 14 carry RB.

The more carries you give him , all you end up with is dimished returns. Texans are finding that out now as we can see by his 0 TDs and plummeting average.

Well, he completely decimated your argument that you are now continuing to use, for some stubborn reason. The stats he provided showed that he was absolutely effective, so Dan Campbell's decision to stop using him despite Miller's success is one of many reasons why Dan Campbell didn't get the job here. How are any of those stats "random?" :lol: They are the most basic of stats.

The Texans are learning that Brock Osweiler isn't a very good QB, as are defenses who are able to focus on stopping Miller, knowing full well that the passing game isn't as big of a threat, which is also evident in Osweiler's improved stats in the second half of games once defenses open up to the pass a little more by focusing on Miller (though Osweiler's improved second half play is still pretty bad).

As for the lack of TDs, he's had 6 attempts in the redzone all year. 6. That's the same number of TDs he had for us in the redzone last year.

But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe we're better off with our QB being our leading rusher. You guys nailed it. Just think of all that money we saved by not re-signing Miller that we put to great use shoring up absolutely no other positions of need.

srcstc.gif

Well, he completely decimated your argument that you are now continuing to use, for some stubborn reason. The stats he provided showed that he was absolutely effective, so Dan Campbell's decision to stop using him despite Miller's success is one of many reasons why Dan Campbell didn't get the job here. How are any of those stats "random?" :lol: They are the most basic of stats.

The Texans are learning that Brock Osweiler isn't a very good QB, as are defenses who are able to focus on stopping Miller, knowing full well that the passing game isn't as big of a threat, which is also evident in Osweiler's improved stats in the second half of games once defenses open up to the pass a little more by focusing on Miller (though Osweiler's improved second half play is still pretty bad).

As for the lack of TDs, he's had 6 attempts in the redzone all year. 6. That's the same number of TDs he had for us in the redzone last year.

But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe we're better off with our QB being our leading rusher. You guys nailed it. Just think of all that money we saved by not re-signing Miller that we put to great use shoring up absolutely no other positions of need.

srcstc.gif

Bless you. I didn't have the patience to explain common sense.

Vernon has absolutely improved that Giants D but his contract was ridiculous so it's difficult to justify. Not resigning Miller at his number was simply absurd. Let assets go for very little. Spend a fortune in draft pick value for backups. Thanks TBum

So why do we have to have 5 of them and not a single one can stand out? :idk:

That saying is garbage.

I honestly believe that it's our run blocking. Only an elite RB could excel behind that line, the likes of Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson. None of our current RBs can do anything with below-average run blocking and Lamar Miller couldn't have done **** either. Having said that I don't think Lamar Miller is a very good running back anyway. His average is high because of two or three long runs in a season but he did not consistently gain 3 or 4 yards like the really good RBs do. He's still not doing it.

I know im late on this but we should have extended Vernon two damn years ago. Could have signed him for cheap, and he would still be on our team at probably not even half of what the Giants paid for him. Our lack of vision in the front office has been less than pathetic

I would have kept Miller and I believe Gase wanted him, too. I just think Tannenbaum decided to move on from him and he did it long before free agency. OV is not worth what he is paid by the Giants, he is a decent player but not $13 million/per season good.

OV may have improved the Giants D and he may be getting pressure, but unless he becomes a top 5 DE and making impact plays that contract is gonna cost him. I'd be happy to have him, but you just have to accept he's not going to (consistently) put up numbers.

Miller? I'd love to still have him, but I thought when Houston signed him it was a poor fit as they ask their RBs to do things that Miller isn't the greatest at.

What are you even talking about? I'm talking About his terrible average per carry, not total yards. He's not playing well at all.

If not for Brocks terrible week, the big story in Houston is what's wrong with the run game. Miller is a disappointment there.

Houston was a middle of the pack rushing team last year. I have no clue what their OL looks like this year. Did they replace the whole OL this year? If not, why would anyone expect Miller to have success if the OL isn't great at run blocking?

So why do we have to have 5 of them and not a single one can stand out? :idk:

That saying is garbage.

Along with "Why can't we just find a guard/LB/RB in the later rounds of the draft". It's not that you can't. But the odds of finding a solid starter at those positions later in the draft go down just like with any other position. If we want to improve at those positions they have to be emphasized when we are acquiring talent.

How did he prove anyone wrong?

Campbell wanted to run the ball more, not less, but he didn't believe miller could do it. Thats why miller has few gakes where he even sniffs 20 carries.

Thats why Cian over here had to throw out some random bs ****, about 10+ carries. 10 carries is not a lot of carries. He just picks and chooses random bs to try and prove his point.

This random rinky dink football outsiders stat means nothing. It actually proves me right. Miller at his best is a 14 carry RB.

The more carries you give him , all you end up with is dimished returns. Texans are finding that out now as we can see by his 0 TDs and plummeting average.

Wanted to run more huh?

Win vs Titans: 29 passes, 32 rushes.
Win vs Texans: 20 passes, 35 rushes.

Campbell and the team had more rushes and a semblance of balance on offense. Then it stopped.

Loss to Patriots: 44 passes, 13 rushes. Yes you read that right.
Loss to San Diego: 34 passes, 19 rushes.
Loss to NYJ: 58 passes, 9 rushes. Yes you read that right.
Loss to NYG: 41 passes, 22 rushes.
Loss to Colts: 38 passes, 25 rushes.
Loss to Cowboys: 24 passes, 14 rushes.
Loss to Bills: 35 passes, 24 rushes.
Win vs Eagles: 36 passes, 26 rushes.
Win vs Ravens: 19 passes, 26 rushes.
Win vs Patriots: 38 passes, 34 rushes.

3 out of 12 games Miami ran more than they threw. If Campbell wanted to run more why didn't he? Tannehill's fault?

Back
Top Bottom