Losman and arrogance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman and arrogance

zach13

Mad Dog
Reaction score
"I'm not happy. You're never happy when you're pulled," Losman said. "I'm trying not to take it personally ... but it's tough."

I found this quote very telling.

I can understand Losman not being happy.

However, the source of his unhappiness should be his poor play.

What level of arrogance does it take for him to complain about being unhappy for being pulled?

zachseau13 said:
"I'm not happy. You're never happy when you're pulled," Losman said. "I'm trying not to take it personally ... but it's tough."

What level of arrogance does it take for him to complain about being unhappy for being pulled?

I found his statements during the week even funnier.

"That's the way I'm approaching this whole week, with so much confidence," Losman said. "I already told the receivers (on Wednesday) get their head around quick because I'm going to start humming it like I used to and I feel more accurate that way."

He is approaching the week with confidence? Based on what? He is in over his head.

One of his comments after yesterday's game was also questionable. When asked about his final pass attempt (incomletion to Moulds), he said that he either needs to throw in right into his body or he needs to make a good catch. Ouch.

And the Bills gave up two first-round picks for this guy, knowing that his ego was massively overblown.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
One of his comments after yesterday's game was also questionable. When asked about his final pass attempt (incomletion to Moulds), he said that he either needs to throw in right into his body or he needs to make a good catch. Ouch.

Wow what a dick.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
And the Bills gave up two first-round picks for this guy, knowing that his ego was massively overblown.

They gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 5th.

zachseau13 said:

I don't like the guy, but how is that arrogance?

Crisis said:
I don't like the guy, but how is that arrogance?

IMO, it is very arrogant for a poorly performing 1st year QB to publically question his coach's decision to bench him.

It's one thing if you are Brett Favre but when you are JP Losman you keep your mouth shut.

zachseau13 said:
IMO, it is very arrogant for a poorly performing 1st year QB to publically question his coach's decision to bench him.

It's one thing if you are Brett Favre but when you are JP Losman you keep your mouth shut.

He didn't criticize anything. He said he didn't like being benched and took it personally.

Doesn't everyone???

You don't consider "I'm trying not to take it personally" to be questioning?

I find the statement to be amazing.

In other words, he believes the benching to be personal, not the professional judgment of the coach acting in his normal scope of duty. And he is trying not to take it that way.

Hey JP, it's not personal, when you play like complete crap you will be replaced.

Further, the simple act of bringing this up in the media questions the coaches decision. He should keep quiet or talk about his poor play and how he will try to improve.

You should apply at CNN.

You're perfect at taking a little statement and blowing it up into something huge.

Sorry but I agree with the Bills fans. I would be worried if Losman had said anything else. He should be bothered by being sat down. However, I didn't read anywhere that he believed he didn't deserve it; only that he didn't like it. I also think it's a positive sign that he still is expressing that he's confident in his ability to be successful. Once Losman (or anyone else) stops believing in himself, then he's done. Personally, I'm a fan of Losman. I like his brashness-I just don't like that he's a Bill. I wish he was a Dolphin. If he keeps his head up and fights through this adjustment period he's going to be awfully good, IMO.

zachseau13 said:
You don't consider "I'm trying not to take it personally" to be questioning?

I find the statement to be amazing.

In other words, he believes the benching to be personal, not the professional judgment of the coach acting in his normal scope of duty. And he is trying not to take it that way.

Hey JP, it's not personal, when you play like complete crap you will be replaced.

Further, the simple act of bringing this up in the media questions the coaches decision. He should keep quiet or talk about his poor play and how he will try to improve.
In my opinion Losman was most likely responding to direct questions from the media. He was probably asked what he thought about being sat down and did he take it personally. At some level anyone is going to take it personally if they're benched. Do you not think that Jason Taylor would take it personally if he were benched in favor of another end? IMO he was trying to say that he understood why, but was trying not to take it personally. Again it's just my own opinion, which is all that any of us have to offer on the subject.

Crisis said:
You should apply at CNN.

You're perfect at taking a little statement and blowing it up into something huge.

You should apply at FOX News.

You`re perfect at distorting and twisting the obvious truth to suit your "talking points".

Back
Top Bottom