Losman and arrogance | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman and arrogance

zachseau13 said:
"I'm not happy. You're never happy when you're pulled," Losman said. "I'm trying not to take it personally ... but it's tough."

I found this quote very telling.

I can understand Losman not being happy.

However, the source of his unhappiness should be his poor play.

What level of arrogance does it take for him to complain about being unhappy for being pulled?
Arrogance out of that statement? All he said was he wasn't happy that he was pulled. He never said he was playing well either. I think the arrogance was all you.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I found his statements during the week even funnier.

He is approaching the week with confidence? Based on what? He is in over his head.

One of his comments after yesterday's game was also questionable. When asked about his final pass attempt (incomletion to Moulds), he said that he either needs to throw in right into his body or he needs to make a good catch. Ouch.
so he should approach every game w/ an insecure attitude. You obviously never played sports.

zachseau13 said:
IMO, it is very arrogant for a poorly performing 1st year QB to publically question his coach's decision to bench him.

It's one thing if you are Brett Favre but when you are JP Losman you keep your mouth shut.
you haven't showed us in this thread where he questioned the coaches move. All he said is that he wasn't happy. I'd expect FFIb to make up stuff or put words into others mouth, but not you. :rolleyes:

I don't think Losman did anything wrong except call out Moulds with telling him to make a good catch because he hasn't made really any good throws so I think he should keep his mouth shut about that especially because Moulds has done a lot for that franchise. Even if his emotions take over he should keep control of his mouth when it comes talking about Moulds and making good catches.

wazzy said:
I don't think Losman did anything wrong except call out Moulds with telling him to make a good catch because he hasn't made really any good throws so I think he should keep his mouth shut about that especially because Moulds has done a lot for that franchise. Even if his emotions take over he should keep control of his mouth when it comes talking about Moulds and making good catches.

yea but Moulds is a spitter, nobody likes a spitter....

zachseau13 said:
You don't consider "I'm trying not to take it personally" to be questioning? I find the statement to be amazing.

In other words, he believes the benching to be personal, not the professional judgment of the coach acting in his normal scope of duty. And he is trying not to take it that way.

Hey JP, it's not personal, when you play like complete crap you will be replaced.

Further, the simple act of bringing this up in the media questions the coaches decision. He should keep quiet or talk about his poor play and how he will try to improve.
no, he was describing the feeling of being benched. You're the one trying make your own interpetations.

Why don't you post the entire interivew and show us whether he said made those statements without being asked by media. You're posting like hit was unsolicited.

You are starting to sound like FFIb who's looking for anything bad to say about JP. Why don't you post anything good that he's said as well.

HVACservice said:
You should apply at FOX News.

You`re perfect at distorting and twisting the obvious truth to suit your "talking points".
I think you misquoted the wrong guy.

Justasportsfan said:
You are starting to sound like FFIb who's looking for anything bad to say about JP. Why don't you post anything good that he's said as well.

Actually, I ripped Reggie Howard on the same board for essentially the same thing.

IMO, If you are playing like crap and you are benched, you probably should not make any public statement other than "That is the coach's decision, my job is to get ready to play next week"

But to say that you are not happy and you are trying not to "take it personal" is over the top to me.

JP it is not personal - when you play like crap you will be benched.

Same thing goes for Reggie Howard.

You don't have to agree with me, but that's my opinion. Admittedly, I come from the old school where a player never said anything about a coach's decision.

wazzy said:

I agree, if you are playing like Losman you have no business calling out receivers that have been around as long as Moulds. :shakeno:

You can't get mad at players for answering a question posed to them.

If a reporter asks, "are you unhappy about being benched?", it would be a whole lot worse to say, "nah, it's okay" or "no comment". You want to hear the truth, then don't blast someone for giving you the truth. Bill, Jet, Patriot, Dolphin, whoever.

just bills fans please. when do you try to salvage your season and put holcombe in? This week, next?

zachseau13 said:
Actually, I ripped Reggie Howard on the same board for essentially the same thing.

IMO, If you are playing like crap and you are benched, you probably should not make any public statement other than "That is the coach's decision, my job is to get ready to play next week"

But to say that you are not happy and you are trying not to "take it personal" is over the top to me.

JP it is not personal - when you play like crap you will be benched.

Same thing goes for Reggie Howard.

You don't have to agree with me, but that's my opinion. Admittedly, I come from the old school where a player never said anything about a coach's decision.
he didn't question the call. He just stated he was unhappy about being pulled out. Why should he be happy? Maybe he is unhappy about his play that he was pulled out and takes his lack of progress personally.He's a competitor and yet I have yet to hear him blame the coach.

Funny how some people can interpret it that way.

Let me paraphrase was JT said" the fans said we'd have a 4-12 season" in other words " finfans are fickle minded, fairweathered for giving up so early". See how I can interpret it my way too?

Back
Top Bottom