Losman and arrogance | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman and arrogance

Justasportsfan said:
says the Wannyfan who I have proven to hide and run away when things aren't going right. I have proof, you just pulled one of my posts made in another thread that wasn't directed at you.

Nice try, let me know when you grow a pair. Fairweathered Wanny/finfan.

I read a couple of your posts from 2003 when the Bills sucked. You seemed like a decent poster back then. What happened?

Why won't you bet on this game? No lame bets based on sarcastic remarks (that we both made). You must think the Bills will lose.

I'm concerned that the Fins will get burned like they did against the Jets. They are the better team right now, but in the AFCE you never know.

BTW, how is it possible to be a fairweathered Wanny fan?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I read a couple of your posts from 2003 when the Bills sucked. You seemed like a decent poster back then. What happened?

Why won't you bet on this game? No lame bets based on sarcastic remarks (that we both made). You must think the Bills will lose.

I'm concerned that the Fins will get burned like they did against the Jets. They are the better team right now, but in the AFCE you never know.

BTW, how is it possible to be a fairweathered Wanny fan?
I have a $50 bet w/ my finfan buddy but that has nothing to do w/ FH. I would if someone here w/ credibilty asks me. Right now, you're not one of them.

YOu've keep trying to defend him but you weren't around during last years season to defend him. When I bring up Pitts, you ignore those.

I was a pretty good poster and like to think I still am. The better posters here hardly post anymore and it's been invaded by kids. Back then , we discussed football, now if you look at the main forum there's more smack than there is football talk. There are more fairweathered finsfans than there ever were.

Back then , when a bills fan posts, it was okay. Now we say hi, it's taken as smack. I usually don't start smack but I smack back.

Justasportsfan said:
I have a $50 bet w/ my finfan buddy but that has nothing to do w/ FH. I would if someone here w/ credibilty asks me. Right now, you're not one of them.

YOu've keep trying to defend him but you weren't around during last years season to defend him. When I bring up Pitts, you ignore those.

I was a pretty good poster and like to think I still am. The better posters here hardly post anymore and it's been invaded by kids. Back then , we discussed football, now if you look at the main forum there's more smack than there is football talk. There are more fairweathered finsfans than there ever were.

Back then , when a bills fan posts, it was okay. Now we say hi, it's taken as smack. I usually don't start smack but I smack back.

You and I will never agree on Wanny. I will always feel he did a good job in his 1st 4 years. 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, & 10-6 in the NFL is good. He is a good not great coach and is a terrible GM. He also didn't have strong enough control of the team last year to overcome the chaos created by Ricky leaving. His personnel moves caught up with him and his choice to replace Norv Turner was just bad. IMO, he failed because he was trying to run the whole show and just couldn't do it.

The Wanny bashing goes back to 2003. I have defended my opinion of Wanny many, many times for two years and I know you are aware of that. I have literally dozens of posts before the start of the 2004 season stating my opinion of Wanny. I participated in several threads in 2004 both before and after he quit. I didn't back down a single time.

I didn't jump into the hundreds of smack threads after he quit because it would have been pointless. Blood was in the water and angry fans wanted to vent not discuss the pros and cons of Wanny's tenure. Naive fans want to blame everything on one person because it makes it seem easier to rebound when they are gone. Bills fans did the same thing with Gilbride, then GW and then Bledsoe. Well they are all gone and you are 1-3 and still struggling on offense. It's never as simple as most fans want to believe.

I can't say why Pitt is performing so badly and haven't given it a moment of thought because I don't care. He could go winless as a coach for the rest of his life and it wouldn't remove a single victory he coached for the Dolphins.

Let's put this Wanny vs Levy thing to rest. I believe Levy was a better overall coach. He managed the stuff surrounding the Xs and Os much better than Wanny did. I don't believe Levy was a great coach or that he should be in the HOF. I was never impressed with his ability to make halftime adjustments. I believe his accomplishments are more due to Bill Polian than him. I base that opinion on several things:

1. I believe the Bills had the league's best talent in the early 1990s
2. Before the talent was fully assembled, the Bills were not a good team. The addition of Thurman Thomas in 1988 was the final key to the Bills success. A great draft pick by Polian.
3. When the team aged and Polian was no longer running the show, Levy was just an average coach. He was not able to make the adjustments. I remember the pathetic sight of Jim Kelly attempting to run the KGun and the end of his career. It was sad.
4. Levy was awful in KC.
5. Levy was not able to match up against his coaching competition in the SBs. IMO, the Bills were outcoached in all 4.
6. He stuck with Walt Corey. That alone probably cost 1 - 2 SBs.

So, while Levy was better, IMO the Bills underperformed with him as coach. Levy had much better talent. Also, the talent level was down in the rest of the AFC was down during those years. The Bills simply outperformed mediocre competition. Wanny, OTOH, had to deal with the Patriots being in his division.

I don't believe Levy would have done any better with the Fins roster from 2000-2003 than Wanny did. I think he would have handled last season better. OTOH, I don't think Wanny would have gone to 4 SBs with the Bills roster either. I don't think he could have kept the team focused after losing the first 1 or 2.

If there was a way to give Wanny and Levy equally talented teams and have them play each other, I don't believe Levy would outcoach him. I watched Wanny coached teams beat several teams coached by coaches that I believe are better than Levy (Bellichick, Parcels, Shannahan, etc.). I also watched a Wanny coached defense kick Levy's offense's butt in 2 SBs. In particular, half time adjustments by the Cowboys defense resulted in a total of 7 2nd half points in two games for a very good offense.

So, let's have a truce. I will restrict smack to the smack forum and you do the same. We have very different opinions on several things, let's just agree to disagree.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
So, let's have a truce. I will restrict smack to the smack forum and you do the same. We have very different opinions on several things, let's just agree to disagree.
Cool.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
BTW, I'm going to the game on Sunday and I think the Bills will be ready to play.
I'm jealous, I can't make it. they will be ready but whether they will be ready enough to win...... my prediction it can go either way and btw, be safe.

Justasportsfan said:
I'm jealous, I can't make it. they will be ready but whether they will be ready enough to win...... my prediction it can go either way and btw, be safe.

great prediction...

Justasportsfan said:

Thanks. I don't make spectacle of myself. I'll be tailgating with friends who are Bills fans and sitting near them. I'm taking my 11 year old son and we will not be sporting Fins gear. I don't need him to be abused. If I were going with a group of guys, I wouldn't mind wearing a Dolphins jersey and engaging in good natured ribbing but there are too many knuckleheads out there. Beer and 10 to 1 odds makes a lot of guys suddenly brave.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Thanks. I don't make spectacle of myself. I'll be tailgating with friends who are Bills fans and sitting near them. I'm taking my 11 year old son and we will not be sporting Fins gear. I don't need him to be abused. If I were going with a group of guys, I wouldn't mind wearing a Dolphins jersey and engaging in good natured ribbing but there are too many knuckleheads out there. Beer and 10 to 1 odds makes a lot of guys suddenly brave.
I once got in the face of a bills fan for throwing a snow ball to a finfan who was w/ his kid who was doing nothing. He couldn't protect himself nor his kid so I did it for him. After the drunken bills fan backed off, the finfan asked me if I was a finfan. I said "I hate finfans and the dolphins, but I hate a$$holes more"

PS not trying to make myself look like a hero or get props but some people just take football too personally when they forget it's just a s game. HAnging out w/ your billfan friends is always the way to go.

Justasportsfan said:
I once got in the face of a bills fan for throwing a snow ball to a finfan who was w/ his kid who was doing nothing. He couldn't protect himself nor his kid so I did it for him. After the drunken bills fan backed off, the finfan asked me if I was a finfan. I said "I hate finfans and the dolphins, but I hate a$$holes more"

PS not trying to make myself look like a hero or get props but some people just take football too personally when they forget it's just a s game. HAnging out w/ your billfan friends is always the way to go.

Well, props anyway.

I was born and raised in the Buffalo area. All of my friends and family are Bills fans, so I can't hate all of them.

For 20 years, I didn't hate the Bills. Then they started beating the Dolphins and going to SBs. Now I hate the Bills. The way I look at it is they brought it on themselves.

Back
Top Bottom