Lost in all of this is how Mawell played | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lost in all of this is how Mawell played

To be honest, this was the dude I expected starting back in game 1. Glad to see he showed up in coverage. If he's going to be allergic to tackling, at least he needs to shadow receivers, and today, he did that.

He's a mess when it comes to anything involving trying to make a tackle.

But after all the bashing he's taken this year, you have to appreciate him putting it together in the 2nd half and doing a great job covering arguably the top WR in the NFL.

Or make you look like complete dog crap (see Cincinnati and AJ Green).

Give him his props for this game. He made a big impact. I admit I was screaming at the TV for his head with Jones after the penalty. He has played poorly in other games, but I give him props for making plays this game.

He still had his usual tackling issues, but he played like someone earning his salary should play every week. Lets see if he keeps it up.

If Maxwell deflects 4 passes a game for the rest of the year hes going to the hall of fame! Lol

Maxwell played in this game like I thought he was going to play from jump street. Couldn't believe how poorly he played in first five games, for the most part. Then he goes out and takes on Antonio Brown. If he can build on this performance, it may not be a lost cause trade deal.

Also, lost in Maxwell's poor play has been the fact that Howard, before he was hurt, actually graded out lower than Maxwell sometimes. Really big red flag on that draft pick, imo.

Let's hope Maxwell shows up going forward. And that Howard isn't another wasted pick. And that Culliver can be a legit NFL starter again.

LD

The few times I saw Lippet on the screen yesterday, he actually looked to be in real tight coverage. He is obviously still very raw and needs time to develop, but it is encouraging that he seems to be able to run with most receivers. If he can get some more experience at the position I think he could be a decent starter in 2 yrs.

Miami made Antonio Brown look like 5th wide receiver :ponder: He didn't look special out there

Played well in coverage but he can't tackle and still doesn't even give effort in the tackling department. That part is really troubling. Sean Smith tackled better than Maxwell which says a lot

I saw him make a couple big tackles. Late in game he stopped Pitt players from getting oob to stop the clock on multiple occasions. He immediately gave the signal to keep the clock running, heady plays IMO

I'll take his crap tackling if he can cover like that.

I saw him make a couple big tackles. Late in game he stopped Pitt players from getting oob to stop the clock on multiple occasions. He immediately gave the signal to keep the clock running, heady plays IMO

Ohhh ya!!!! I forgot about that one! That was huge because we kept letting them hang around, we needed that clock to keep running! To be honest, the score should have been 40 something to 3! They got their lone TD (before the late one) on another stupid penalty on 3rd and long and we left at least 17 points on the field!

Back
Top Bottom