Lost in all of this is how Mawell played | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lost in all of this is how Mawell played

The few times I saw Lippet on the screen yesterday, he actually looked to be in real tight coverage. He is obviously still very raw and needs time to develop, but it is encouraging that he seems to be able to run with most receivers. If he can get some more experience at the position I think he could be a decent starter in 2 yrs.

Lippett has flashed some this year. Hopefully he can keep improving. I think it's only fair to expect him to blow a play here or there. In a perfect world, he goes back to the bench when Culliver and Howard are active again, but continues to develop.

His tackling was much better this game. Especially at the end of the game where he wrapped up AB and kept him from going out of bounds(Technically).

He shutdown AB this week. I am happy for him. He played a great game. Now he needs to keep that consistency up. Next week i am hoping from the same effort from Mario Williams. It's his turn to turn it around against his old team.

Dmac

The team as a whole, except maybe Franks played very well. Lost in the 200 yards by the J-Train, and the O-Line coming together was Maxwell had a very good game. He was tested a lot and made several key plays. Hopefully everyone can keep it up!

absolutely agree.....

I was watching Maxwell on a number of plays and he had an energy about him yesterday that has definitely been missing this season. I also liked that Gase congratulated him on his play on the sideline.......obviously he is expecting better performance from Maxwell and got it yesterday.

I'm not sure if it was the cutting of several o-linemen that got this team motivated yesterday.....but whatever it was it worked.

They had him in press coverage all game. He was engaged in coverage instead of being lost or disinterested like usual.

Hopefully, the Dolphins will keep Maxwell in PRESS coverage for the rest of his time in Miami, REGARDLESS of the situation. He can't or won't play ZONE. The Dolphins just need to understand that, forget the, well he should stuff, play Maxwell in PRESS COVERAGE and deal with the results for the rest of 2016. The cut him in 2017 & get someone else. Period.

We finally used him in press and he looked great. Even though he doesn't have the speed, his length really forces the qb to make a perfect throw and that's tough when Wake and Suh are coming at you quick. We finally played as a unit this game.

Lippett has flashed some this year. Hopefully he can keep improving. I think it's only fair to expect him to blow a play here or there. In a perfect world, he goes back to the bench when Culliver and Howard are active again, but continues to develop.

Yah ideally I hope he becomes a solid #2 boundary corner to play next to Howard, w McCain in the slot. I think it will take until 2018 season before these guys become legit, but it would be nice to have our draft picks develop for a change...prob just in time for Tannenbaum to get rid of them.

The scary thing about Maxwell is has he been dogging it this entire time? If so, that's really bad.

Back
Top Bottom