Louis Delmas injured..Not good !!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Louis Delmas injured..Not good !!!!

I thought Delmas was worth the risk, and small contract, to re-sign based on what he did last year. I think Aikens and/or Thomas are capable of filling in but, not as well, or as late, as we had hoped. It may be a bit of a silver lining that the injury happened now giving them some time to adapt to starting.

Certainly was, so long as they had a backup plan, and it sounds like they did, both cap and roster-wise. Imagine that, the Dolphins actually prepared for a very likely scenario like this.

Every team suffers injuries in training camp and practices. I don't think there is any way to avoid it. Guys get hurt twisting their backs in the showers or playing with their kids. It happens. Sucks losing Delmas, but he seems to be injured quite a lot and we have had other guys step up. Not the end of the world.

Louis Delmas appears to have torn his right ACL again

Well here it is.. DAMN

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mas-appears-to-have-torn-his-right-acl-again/

For the second time in the last nine months, Dolphins safety Louis Delmas has been diagnosed with a torn the ACL in his right knee.

That’s the initial diagnosis after Delmas was carted off the practice field today, a league source tells PFT. Delmas is still holding out hope that an MRI will reveal the injury is less serious, but the medical staff that checked him out after the injury believes the ACL is torn again.

Delmas also tore his right ACL last year, in a December game against the Ravens. Knee problems have plagued him for much of his career, which is the primary reason the Lions released him after fie years in Detroit.

The Dolphins had been expecting Delmas to be their starting free safety this season. Instead he is expected to spend the season on injured reserve.

Devastating blow to the defense. Our defense is already leaving the elite ranks.

When was this defense elite?

This is the Suh effect. Look, we have major concerns at lb, nothing special at cb other than grimes and a hand full of decent looking safety's. We have ONE (all be it a very large one) new addition to the starting line and that is Suh. Wake, vernon, mitchell, all couldnt stop the run with a bull dozer in front of them last year. Dont know a thing about Philips yet other than he isnt starting over a dt who has one move (bull rush) and cant rush the passer.

Hopefuly that wont last long but thats how it is right now and throw in the fact philbin loves him some veterans and this could be a while. Suh is going to help this run defense, no doubt, but he isnt a 1 piece instant elite fix. As others have mentioned, the lions were not elite on defense. And also, the pats schemed Suh out of the picture last year and could get away with assigning the extra guys to do it because no one else was that special at dt and their de's could be blocked one on one. Of course Wake is far better than any of the lions de's, but you get the picture. The right team like the pats can scheme Suh out.

Seems like so many have elevated this defense way beyond reality with Suh being here. He will help big time, but not elevating everyone including the gatoraide chick to all pro status!

Earl Mitchell is a pedestrian, one move DT. He should be a rotation player, not starting next to Suh. Philips is the only hope for that situation. Vernon? Who knows. Are we getting the 2013 11 sack vernon or the 2014 ghost? Wake will be Wake and if anyone will get a huge boost by Suh, its him. But, he wasnt any force against the run last year and Suh cant make him tackle better or seal off better.

These are facts, not a debbie downer attack. I am more jazzed about this years team than any over the last 20 years. Mostly on the offensive side of the ball. And i am sure this defense is going to have some stellar moments but ELITE? Not yet. Not this year.

Back
Top Bottom