Louis Delmas injured..Not good !!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Louis Delmas injured..Not good !!!!

hate to lose #25...I know essentially his last year here, but wanted that tandem intact for this year and groom someone for next year

Just looked - Carted off the field + non contact injury = very bad news.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/19/dolphins-louis-delmas-carted-off-with-knee-injury/

Dolphins safety Louis Delmas was carted off the field after he suffered an apparent knee injury in practice today.

According to multiple reporters on the scene, Delmas was in coverage during the Dolphins’ joint practice with the Panthers when he went down and grabbed his right knee. Delmas tore his right ACL last year.

When healthy, Delmas is a very good safety. But he has struggled to stay healthy. The Lions cut Delmas after the 2013 season because they questioned whether he’d be able to stay health, and although he got off to a good start with the Dolphins last year, his torn ACL seemed to justify the Lions’ decision.

Delmas was the second player to be carted off the field with a knee injury during the Panthers-Dolphins scrimmage, following Carolina receiver Kelvin Benjamin. Both were non-contact injuries.

Sucks. Really, really does. I have confidence in Aikens but Delmas brings a lot of value and I was looking forward to easing into a rotation with the two of them. Our team just took a big hit. Let's not forget how the D fell off a cliff after delmas' injury last year. He is both a leader and a playmaker.

Seriously everyone is titsup over Delmas? This guy has visited the Dr.'s office more than has ever been on the field since he has been here. he is a nice player and all but geez the important safety is RJ not this guy

Not sure why anybody would be surprised by this, especially the FO and coaching staff. If they didn't have a contingency plan, that's a big strike against them. I have to assume (hope) that they re-signed him because they were comfortable with Thomas (or is it Aiken?) taking over at some point this season, though likely not so early.

Sucks. Really, really does. I have confidence in Aikens but Delmas brings a lot of value and I was looking forward to easing into a rotation with the two of them. Our team just took a big hit. Let's not forget how the D fell off a cliff after delmas' injury last year. He is both a leader and a playmaker.

It fell off a cliff when the DTs forgot how to do their jobs.

Let's not make more of this than it really is. He's a good player that added a lot of leadership but he was also getting burned deep often in camp. He was, given his injury history, going to get hurt at some point during the season. As it is right now Aikens will get more 1st team reps and more practice time so we have 4 weeks for him to get ready.

I feel so bad for Delmas. Working so hard to get back and now a possible season / Fin career ending injury.

The Fins need some luck with his injury. He lays the wood and a key component to our defense on calls. I hope he is not done for the season!!!

I was a huge fan of the Aikens pick now hopefully he can prove why I was.

Back
Top Bottom