Lucas sucked right? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lucas sucked right?

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
Well we should EASILY be 6-0 right now, so much for that 4-2 record huh?

The difference is that the defense didn't play historically well during that stretch of games Lucas was the QB.

The only reason we're not 1-5 right now is our defense and the reason we're not 6-0 is JF.

Thank you Sir! May I have Another!

The only reason we're not 1-5 right now is our defense and the reason we're not 6-0 is JF.

Yes, the defense has been winning games, but the only single player you can pin Sunday's loss on is Mare. I'm sorry, but if you are one of the highest-paid kickers (the highest?), you MAKE a 35-yard field goal. Fiedler put the team in position to win the game, and Mare choked. Plain and simple. Oh yeah, and about that dirt? I was reading an article saying that the special teams unit decided not to have any extra practice on it last week before the game. This being AFTER Mare screwed up on the dirt in the Buffalo game. Wow, that was brilliant. Stupid of the players to not practice and stupid of the coaches to not MAKE them practice on it. I couldn't believe it when I read it.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

. Stupid of the players to not practice and stupid of the coaches to not MAKE them practice on it. I couldn't believe it when I read it.

Agree 100%

Yes, the defense has been winning games, but the only single player you can pin Sunday's loss on is Mare. I'm sorry, but if you are one of the highest-paid kickers (the highest?), you MAKE a 35-yard field goal. Fiedler put the team in position to win the game, and Mare choked. Plain and simple. Oh yeah, and about that dirt? I was reading an article saying that the special teams unit decided not to have any extra practice on it last week before the game. This being AFTER Mare screwed up on the dirt in the Buffalo game. Wow, that was brilliant. Stupid of the players to not practice and stupid of the coaches to not MAKE them practice on it. I couldn't believe it when I read it.

I read that as well.

Looks like the same ol' Dolphins. Losing the games we should win.

Who would of thought our 2 losses would be to the Texans and Pats before the year. I would have thought more like maybe NY and Buffalo, possibly even the Jets.

D, we can spin this around as much as we like. yes, Mare' was the actual goat in the end but would have been in that situation if our sorry assed O scored more than 13 measly points. That's where the real blame lies, IMO!

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

I read that as well.

Looks like the same ol' Dolphins. Losing the games we should win.

Who would of thought our 2 losses would be to the Texans and Pats before the year. I would have thought more like maybe NY and Buffalo, possibly even the Jets.

Yeah, when I looked at our schedule this year, I figured 4-2, with both losses being at the Ghettolands. But winning the games you might not necessarily be expected to win doesn't do much good when you turn around and lose games you should win. They just cancel each other out, pretty much.

Well we should EASILY be 6-0 right now, so much for that 4-2 record huh?

The difference is that the defense didn't play historically well during that stretch of games Lucas was the QB.

The I hate Jay Fiedler fantasy world strikes again.
L 20-21
W 21-10
W 17- 7 Mare missed 2 FG's, okay 1 because 1 was over 50yd
W 23-10
W 24-10
L 13-19

Point out the game where our defense outscored our offense?
Jay cost us the Houston game. By throwing a interception that gave them the ball on our 35 yd. line and they ran another 10 yds and kicked the field goal that won it. The Dolphins had 87 yds of penalties and the Defense gave up 393 yds. But okay, loss due to Fiedler.
The loss to the Pats was Mare pure and simple, so you need to get over it. Jay Fiedler put together a 70 yd drive in the 4th quarter made NE use all it's time outs and left Mare with a chip shot with under 2 minutes to play. He put together another long drive in OT to give Mare another 35 yd FG attempt.

It's been a tough start to the season for Fiedler, so much so that comparing his statistics to last season is not as useful as comparing them to the ones the oft-criticized Lucas put up in six games last season.

Fiedler: 95-of-167, 56.9 percent, 1,115 yards, 6 TDs, 7 INTs, 71.8 rating.

Lucas: 92-of-160, 57.5 percent, 1,045 yards, 4 TDs, 6 INTs, 69.9 rating.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ions/tuesday/sports_f3495974a50050ce007c.html

Sheesh get over it. Were you ignored as a child or something?

Oliver...

just because fox news tells us there is no such thing as nuance and complexity doesn't make it true. this is like a political debate or a religious debate where people are taking up sides and yelling at the other. like it or not, football and the world are a lot more complicated than this. you can't pin the success or failure of a team on one person. there is more than one cause for everything that happens anywhere. perhaps tennis or golf would be a good sport for some of us? at least the blame and credit can be limited to one person REALISTICALLY.

Originally posted by DPlus47
perhaps tennis or golf would be a good sport for some of us? at least the blame and credit can be limited to one person REALISTICALLY.

Good Point.

I think that whenever someone loses in tennis or golf they should all blame Jay Fiedler:)

Originally posted by zachseau13

Good Point.

I think that whenever someone loses in tennis or golf they should all blame Jay Fiedler:)

:roflmao:

It's been a tough start to the season for Fiedler, so much so that comparing his statistics to last season is not as useful as comparing them to the ones the oft-criticized Lucas put up in six games last season.

Fiedler: 95-of-167, 56.9 percent, 1,115 yards, 6 TDs, 7 INTs, 71.8 rating.

Lucas: 92-of-160, 57.5 percent, 1,045 yards, 4 TDs, 6 INTs, 69.9 rating.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ions/tuesday/sports_f3495974a50050ce007c.html

Woooooooowww!!! What a find and point!!!!! Nothing can explain this comparison, not even those who keep on saying "Well uh, look at our record 4-2" Get it through those thick heads. THE POINT IS TO SHOW HOW MUCH BETTER WE WOULD BE AS A TEAM WITH A GOOD QB

Re: Re: Lucas sucked right?

Originally posted by Dolfan02

THE POINT IS TO SHOW HOW MUCH BETTER WE WOULD BE AS A TEAM WITH A GOOD QB

Guys, this is in Bold and Caps so you might as well all give up.

Disband the Fiedler Underground Cult forthwith!

Re: Re: Re: Lucas sucked right?

Originally posted by zachseau13

Guys, this is in Bold and Caps so you might as well all give up.

Disband the Fiedler Underground Cult forthwith!

yes!

look, i'm not a fan of blaming one guy, so i didn't blame lucas for everything, but three things those numbers don't show are things that really hurt the team:

1. the fumbles. nowhere is that listed.
2. tripping over linemen (or his own feet) before handoffs. leading to more #1.
3. playing a good game against the jets until crunch time and then losing it.

lucas had really high ratings for the two wins and the jets loss. and i don't blame him for last season. but you can't just put up passing stats and say "look, they're equal." everybody knows who the better quarterback of the two is.

Dude, it's physically impossible for me to drop down to a level where we can communicate with any success but I'll try and take it slow for ya.

The defense has been literally saving Jay's a$$ and job so far.

They didn't do that for Lucas, nor did I expect them to.

But, you fanatics expect that for JF don't ya?

Maybe the defense didn't play as well for lucas, but what about Ricky... he had ALOT more yard for lucas then he has been getting for Fiedler... I even remeber one game where he had 228 yards and they still lost..

And how many fumbles did Lucas have compared to Fiedler?

Back
Top Bottom