Luck come a helping the Jets again | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck come a helping the Jets again

You whine like no one I have ever seen it's embarrassing. it's funny how they are the wrong calls when they go against the Jets but the right calls when they are for the Jets.

What those images do not show is Brandon marshall stumbling into Revis which was the reason for all the contact.

The first pic is at the 10, the LOS was the 15. All he did was put his hand on him which you can do anyway, the 2nd one is after he stumbles into revis and revis sees the bad pass and is moving to get towards the ball while Marshall has no clue where the ball is.

What you also fail to mention is they allowed both sides to be physical including allowing Brandon marshall to push off w/ both arms to get open but continue whining about how the Jets get every break and ignroing the facts.

watch the clip instead of looking at pics.

Yup Marshall's jersey number stumbled right into Revis' clenched fist at the 6 yard line. I can't believe no one else saw that!

Yup Marshall's jersey number stumbled right into Revis' clenched fist at the 6 yard line. I can't believe no one else saw that!

are we atching different clips? How is it even debateable that Marshall stumbled into revis? Revis grabs him after Marshall runs into him and moves him away to go after the ball which Marshall never picked up. How come you guys don't comment on the extending of both arms to push Revis away to catch a few balls?

are we atching different clips? How is it even debateable that Marshall stumbled into revis? Revis grabs him after Marshall runs into him and moves him away to go after the ball which Marshall never picked up. How come you guys don't comment on the extending of both arms to push Revis away to catch a few balls?

its not debatable. ive been saying the same thing all along. The
contact was caused by Marshall. at no point during ANY part of that play was Revis trying to grab Marshall to prevent him from getting separation to catch a pass .... THAT would be a penalty but that's not what happened. If anything, he was trying to get out of marshall's path so he could go for the ball which was thrown inside while Marshall was breaking outside.

Because it voids their point...duh...

You whine like no one I have ever seen it's embarrassing. it's funny how they are the wrong calls when they go against the Jets but the right calls when they are for the Jets.

What those images do not show is Brandon marshall stumbling into Revis which was the reason for all the contact.

The first pic is at the 10, the LOS was the 15. All he did was put his hand on him which you can do anyway, the 2nd one is after he stumbles into revis and revis sees the bad pass and is moving to get towards the ball while Marshall has no clue where the ball is.

What you also fail to mention is they allowed both sides to be physical including allowing Brandon marshall to push off w/ both arms to get open but continue whining about how the Jets get every break and ignroing the facts.

watch the clip instead of looking at pics.

That does not apply to me, but it does apply to you. Especially with how you worded that.
:) I'm the one who said the Ngata hit should have been called roughing. He was fined for it a few days later. You guys are the ones who whine saying Sanchez didn't fumble, Branch did, pass interference should have been called, roughing should have been called on Sanchez' int, and on and on. All for the Jets, and not one against. When it is so clear, and you still cling to it, it is embarrassing.

Marshall stumbled because Revis pulled hard on his jersey. You can barley see his jersey # in the 3rd pic cause it is almost at his head. That is illegal.

clear.gif

clear.gif

attachment.php

clear.gif

The stumble comes after Revis pulls on the back of Marshall's jersey. It is not debatable.

Sanchez didn't fumble, his arm was going forward, Branch did fumble as he was losing the ball before he was touched but I didn't blame either game on those plays unlike you who blames the refs every time the Jets win or blames some sort of good luck.

watch the play, don't look at still shots. Marshall stumbled before the contact.

I'm glad you're showing those first two pics because it proves my point. anyone can see that Revis is backpedaling and Marshall is driving his shoulder into him. what was Revis supposed to do at that point ... throw his arms up in the air to show the world that he isn't grabbing him?

and speaking only for myself I always thought the Ngata hit was a fumble. it never looked like a bad call to me.

clear.gif

attachment.php

clear.gif

The stumble comes after Revis pulls on the back of Marshall's jersey. It is not debatable.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez didn't fumble, his arm was going forward, Branch did fumble as he was losing the ball before he was touched but I didn't blame either game on those plays unlike you who blames the refs every time the Jets win or blames some sort of good luck.

watch the play, don't look at still shots. Marshall stumbled before the contact.

:lol2: Exhibit A, ^

The stumble occurs because Marshall tries to shoulder Revis. But Revis is backpedaling and Marshall misses and stumbles. The Jersey grabbing had nothing to do with the stumble. Get over it Dolfans. Twist it however u like to, but Marshall was NEVER going to catch that ball, making the PI null. Revis was playing for the ball while Marshall had no clue. PI is not called if the ball is uncatchable by the WR and since Marshall is staring the dirt and stumbling, he is not going to get a PI. Also, the contact was initiated by Marshall. Revis has the right to his own space if someone tries to run in to him, he can legally protect himself from getting knocked backwards.

The stumble occurs because Marshall tries to shoulder Revis. But Revis is backpedaling and Marshall misses and stumbles. The Jersey grabbing had nothing to do with the stumble. Get over it Dolfans. Twist it however u like to, but Marshall was NEVER going to catch that ball, making the PI null. Revis was playing for the ball while Marshall had no clue. PI is not called if the ball is uncatchable by the WR and since Marshall is staring the dirt and stumbling, he is not going to get a PI. Also, the contact was initiated by Marshall. Revis has the right to his own space if someone tries to run in to him, he can legally protect himself from getting knocked backwards.

Exhibit B, ^

You guys are hilarious. You show your extreme bias, or lack of knowledge. I Don't care if you want a penalty called on Marshall as well, but you can't grab and pull a jersey no matter what the offensive player does.

attachment.php

That ^ is illegal contact. Saying Marshall was not going to catch the ball anyways, so the penalty is null is ridiculous. You do realize that the Jets scored 7 points from that no call right? Even if you want to say both players were at fault, that still give Miami the ball on the Jets 15. I'm not saying that the Dolphins would have won if not for that call. I'm just pointing out another lucky break.

Exhibit B, ^

You guys are hilarious. You show your extreme bias, or lack of knowledge. I Don't care if you want a penalty called on Marshall as well, but you can't grab and pull a jersey no matter what the offensive player does.

attachment.php

That ^ is illegal contact. Saying Marshall was not going to catch the ball anyways, so the penalty is null is ridiculous. You do realize that the Jets scored 7 points from that no call right? Even if you want to say both players were at fault, that still give Miami the ball on the Jets 15. I'm not saying that the Dolphins would have won if not for that call. I'm just pointing out another lucky break.

There is someone in this thread showing extreme bias but it's not us. That still clip proves nothing, that is after he stumbles into revis.

Throughout Monday’s Dolphins-Jets game, Gruden again tested the limits of patience and belief. After a first-quarter Darelle Revis interception and 100-yard return, Gruden immediately took the position that Revis had committed pass interference.

Given two opportunities to amend or at least soften his position -- replays showed that WR Brandon Marshall ran straight into Revis -- Gruden held tightly to his assertion. Apparently, then, according to Gruden, every receiver should just run directly into every DB -- jump on them, especially near the goal line -- and expect a defensive interference call.

Not even after Marshall was seen on the sideline in an animated chat with a coach -- trace evidence that he blew the pattern, that he should have approached Revis then quickly cut left, which was where the ball was thrown -- Gruden stuck to his story.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/grueling_gruden_sPQS386i9IayCVdjE3iSXI#ixzz1bQ5Nc0Xk

I don't care either way what happen. We beat ourselves again and the Jets took advantage of it. Plain and simple. But for what it is worth, fast forward to 1:25 and watch from there.

[video=youtube;N7wjWzE_00k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7wjWzE_00k[/video]

So, when the offensive player stumbles into the defender, (which did not happen) the defender can do whatever he wants? I think you know that is not true. You can clearly see in the video above that not only did Revis grab, but he yanked his jersey causing Marshall to stumble. You giving me a nypost article written by a NY sports writer just proves my point about bias.

So, when the offensive player stumbles into the defender, (which did not happen) the defender can do whatever he wants? I think you know that is not true. You can clearly see in the video above that not only did Revis grab, but he yanked his jersey causing Marshall to stumble. You giving me a nypost article written by a NY sports writer just proves my point about bias.

That NY sportswriter is not some homer, he's always fair. He criticizes NY teams all the time.

Back
Top Bottom