Luck come a helping the Jets again | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck come a helping the Jets again

His knee was down but he was not down, he was trying to get up then started to lose the ball THEN was touched while the ball was moving and he was losing possession. It was called a fumble on the field, there has to be conclusive evidence for the play to be overturned. There wasn't, worst case it should not have been overturned for that. It was a bad call. It didn't cost us the game as good teams can overturn, we still had chances but it certainly didn't help us.

There was, and it was. :)

Here is another missed call:

[video=youtube;wQlwhs6AeC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQlwhs6AeC4[/video]

At the 42 second mark.

Missed call or not (and for the record I dont think it was a bad call) you lost 24-6. You didnt score a TD.

I never said it changed the outcome of the game. It was a terrible no call, and was at the least a 10 point swing, but I think the Jets would have pulled out a win without it. The Dolphins shot themselves so many times. The Jets didn't need that blown call to win.

I never said it changed the outcome of the game. It was a terrible no call, and was at the least a 10 point swing, but I think the Jets would have pulled out a win without it. The Dolphins shot themselves so many times. The Jets didn't need that blown call to win.

You must be kidding. Revis was backing off after the intial contact --Indisutable ... Marshall CLEARLY dips his right shoulder and drives it into Revis' chest --- also Indusputable, whether he did it intentionally or not (looked like he lost his balance) ... Marshall caused the contact. Its not a penalty, and that's why it wasn't called.
Don't be so infulenced by Gruden.

Put that aside for a second ... Marshall was breaking inside ... the pass was thrown outside.
It was going to be intercepted regardless of the contact.

You must be kidding. Revis was backing off after the intial contact --Indisutable ... Marshall CLEARLY dips his right shoulder and drives it into Revis' chest --- also Indusputable, whether he did it intentionally or not ... Marshall caused the contact. Its not a penalty, and that's why it wasn't called. Don't be so infulenced by Gruden.

I'm not influenced by Gruden, I can clearly see it myself. Revis pulled on Marshall's jersey causing Marshall to stumble. Only Jets fans think it should not have been called.

I'm not influenced by Gruden, I can clearly see it myself. Revis pulled on Marshall's jersey causing Marshall to stumble. Only Jets fans think it should not have been called.

I can't beleive you're serious. I know there's always debate on these forums but in this case I honestly can't get my brain around what you think you saw. He caused him to stumble???

WHEN exactly was the jersey grabbed?? You mean AFTER the 42 second mark? ... AFTER Marshall had already lowered his shoulder and hit Revis in the chest?? Because he certainly didn't grab it before that point. If he did grab it before Marshall barrelled into him as you claim (causing him to stumble), then pause the clip and tell me when it happened. DBs grab jerseys to prevent receivers from getting seperation. That didn't happen here. I really don't now how you can say it did. Revis was clearly backing up (was he not?), and Marshall plowed into him. I don't know how you can paint it any other way.

I can't beleive you're serious. I know there's always debate on these forums but in this case I honestly can't get my brain around what you think you saw. He caused him to stumble???

WHEN exactly was the jersey grabbed?? You mean AFTER the 42 second mark? ... AFTER Marshall had already lowered his shoulder and hit Revis in the chest?? Because he certainly didn't grab it before that point. If he did grab it before Marshall barrelled into him as you claim (causung him to stumble), then pause the clip and tell me when it happened. DBs grab jerseys to prevent receivers from getting seperation. That didn't happen here. I really don't now how you can say it did.

Marshall was cutting inside and Revis had his hand on his back before Marshall made contact. Revis didn't back off, he proceeded to grab Marshall and pulled his jersey. Marshall made incidental contact, but Revis grabbed and pulled his jersey. That is against the rules. I don't care if the ball was thrown inside and Marshall was cutting outside. It was still a penalty that was not called.

Marshall was cutting inside and Revis had his hand on his back before Marshall made contact. Revis didn't back off, he proceeded to grab Marshall and pulled his jersey. Marshall made incidental contact, but Revis grabbed and pulled his jersey. That is against the rules. I don't care if the ball was thrown inside and Marshall was cutting outside. It was still a penalty that was not called.

That's not what the clip shows. it just isnt there.
the intial hand checking happens withn the 5 yard window. Then Marshall hits Revis as Revis is backing up.
Marshall is one of the biggest, strongest recievers in the league. His style of play is to be physical with the DBs ... and that's fine.

But then don't cry for a call every time you get tangled up with a DB.
If that's the case then try to avoid coantact instead of making it a huge part of your game. You think he didn't get away with pushing off on some of his catches last night? Like I said ... that's fine, but you can't have it both ways.

That's not what the clip shows. it just isnt there.
the intial hand checking happens withn the 5 yard window. Then Marshall hits Revis as Revis is backing up.
Marshall is one of the biggest, strongest recievers in the league. His style of play is to be physical with the DBs ... and that's fine.

But then don't cry for a call every time you get tangled up with a DB.
If that's the case then try to avoid coantact instead of making it a huge part of your game. You think he didn't get away with pushing off on some of his catches last night? Like I said ... that's fine, but you can't have it both ways.

It is what the clip shows. You can't grab and pull a jersey after incidental contact.

s-DARRELLE-REVIS-INTERCEPTION-large.jpg

It is very clear to everyone except Jets fans.

It is what the clip shows. You can't grab and pull a jersey after incidental contact.

View attachment 7946

the only thing that picture shows is what Ive been saying all along ... Revis clearly backing up and Marshall falling/running into him. that will never be called unless the DB grabs him to prevent seperation and causes him to fall. do you have a picture of Marshall trying to make his break and revis grabbing a hold of his jersey to keep from being beat? no, because that's not what happened. Marshall fell untouched
into revis while he was trying to make his break. nothing to do with Revis and no penalty ... and I guess the official felt the same way.

we'll have to agree to disagree ... as always.

Marshall ran into revios, he stumbled into him. revis saw the ball, Marshall did not and Revis was going after the ball.

View attachment 7946

are you allowed to take 2 arms and push off fully extending to create seperation like Marshall was doing all night?

That pic shows nothing, Marshall is stumbling into him at that exact moment.

Marshall ran into revios, he stumbled into him. revis saw the ball, Marshall did not and Revis was going after the ball.

are you allowed to take 2 arms and push off fully extending to create seperation like Marshall was doing all night?

That pic shows nothing, Marshall is stumbling into him at that exact moment.

the only thing that picture shows is what Ive been saying all along ... Revis clearly backing up and Marshall falling/running into him. that will never be called unless the DB grabs him to prevent seperation and causes him to fall. do you have a picture of Marshall trying to make his break and revis grabbing a hold of his jersey to keep from being beat? no, because that's not what happened. Marshall fell untouched
into revis while he was trying to make his break. nothing to do with Revis and no penalty ... and I guess the official felt the same way.

we'll have to agree to disagree ... as always.

You guys are so biased it is embarrassing. It is funny how they are the wrong calls when they go against the Jets, but the right no calls when they are in the Jets favor. The play started on the 15, so the 10 is where there should be no contact. The picture shows Revis pulling on Marshall's jersey when he was trying to make a cut inside. Yes, there was incidental contact before that, but that is not against the rules. Grabbing and pulling on the jersey when the player is trying to go inside is. Revis is the one that caused Marshall to stumble. When it is only Jets fans who think it was a good no call, you can be assured that it was not.

clear.gif

attachment.php

I can lead you to the water, but I can't make you drink.

You guys are so biased it is embarrassing. It is funny how they are the wrong calls when they go against the Jets, but the right no calls when they are in the Jets favor. The play started on the 15, so the 10 is where there should be no contact. The picture shows Revis pulling on Marshall's jersey when he was trying to make a cut inside. Yes, there was incidental contact before that, but that is not against the rules. Grabbing and pulling on the jersey when the player is trying to go inside is. Revis is the one that caused Marshall to stumble. When it is only Jets fans who think it was a good no call, you can be assured that it was not.

clear.gif

attachment.php

I can lead you to the water, but I can't make you drink.

You whine like no one I have ever seen it's embarrassing. it's funny how they are the wrong calls when they go against the Jets but the right calls when they are for the Jets.

What those images do not show is Brandon marshall stumbling into Revis which was the reason for all the contact.

The first pic is at the 10, the LOS was the 15. All he did was put his hand on him which you can do anyway, the 2nd one is after he stumbles into revis and revis sees the bad pass and is moving to get towards the ball while Marshall has no clue where the ball is.

What you also fail to mention is they allowed both sides to be physical including allowing Brandon marshall to push off w/ both arms to get open but continue whining about how the Jets get every break and ignroing the facts.

watch the clip instead of looking at pics.

Back
Top Bottom