Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck vs. Weeden in the Fiesta Bowl

Luck picked off.

aczl1e-1.jpg

well...well...luck serves one up on the roll out

It was a good looking pass. I think Luck throws extremely well on the run, squares up his shoulders and gets good torque on the throw. That was a heck of a play by the defender though to undercut it. I think Luck underestimated his speed and I don't think Fleener even knew he was there until he was infront of him.

CK is awesome and I definately respect the work he puts into his analysis, but I just don't agree with him on Weeden. I do think you're right about everyone jumping on players he likes.

Weeden has looked bad against every solid defense he has faced. He is also physically mature going against 19 to 21 year old kids who are still improving physically. Also the fact that he is in a pure spread system hurts him in my eyes as well. It might be different if he was younger, but working on simple 3,5,7 step drops with a 29 year old rookie is not something I want the Dolphins to do next year.

That's one of my biggest issues with Weeden. He's physically at his prime right now, he can grow mentally but as far as physically there's very little room to grow if any. That bothers me.

That's one of my biggest issues with Weeden. He's physically at his prime right now, he can grow mentally but as far as physically there's very little room to grow if any. That bothers me.

Exactly. I just don't understand the love for him. Mid round pick at best.

For the PAC-12 being such a finesse conference Stanford is a pretty physical team.

oh oh...14-0...better stop that run okla st or your gonna face the entire playbook and get owned on pa
Luck will chew this team up with play action if they don't get the run stopped. Bill Young is an overrated DC IMO. He coached the Canes for a year and he was crap.

Blackmon is said to be fighting an infection on his inner thigh and hasn't been right all week. I haven't been the biggest fan of Weedon but he is now at a serious disadvantage and that needs to be recognized. Its like Matt Moore without Brandon Marshall.

better stop that run okl st or your gonna face the entire playbook and get owned off pa

2 nice throws from weeden there...especially the one he dropped in the bucket over the lbs and in front of the safety

Justin Blackmon is the most dominate player in the game, he's who I want to trade up and get more than anyone.

Blackmon is said to be fighting an infection on his inner thigh and hasn't been right all week. I haven't been the biggest fan of Weedon but he is now at a serious disadvantage and that needs to be recognized. Its like Matt Moore without Brandon Marshall.
Matt Moore with Brandon Marshall only sucks half as bad as Matt Moore with Brandon Marshall...but either way Matt Moore sucks.

Justin Blackmon is the most dominate player in the game, he's who I want to trade up and get more than anyone.

not trying to argue with you but whats dominant about running the guy down the seam unimpeded and untouched for a walk in td...

Blackmon would be nice. Our WR corp would be dangerous with him, Marshall, Bess, and Hartline.

what game is that damn official looking right at the play and this commentator watching??? the okla st db pulled the hook on the wr and thus he didn't get to the ball...thats a freakin foul...hooked him with his outside arm turning him away from the ball

Not because of that play in particular but he is just a physically dominant receiver with great hands, more than enough speed and top flight character on and off the field. Hes been doing it his whole career despite constant attention and in this game hes making an impact while not at 100%. Is it absurd to say he is in Megatron's level of ability (seriously, I didn't follow him much in college but they seem similar)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom