Lyn Bowden Jr. Slot WR answered | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lyn Bowden Jr. Slot WR answered

How would you grade Lyn Bowden rookie season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phin1984!

Active Roster
Reaction score
I’m about to write my first article for a UK based fans siteI would like to use the poll results below in it.

How would you grade Lyn Bowden rookie season?

I’ve got my own opinions but don’t want to influence any voting. Thank you for your help

I'd say 'C'.

He looked good for a couple of weeks late in the season, and then disappeared again.

I'd have a hard time cutting him based upon just one season's work, but I do think that he'll have to show a bit more if he wants to stick around for a third season.

D

Garbage route running vs man and terrible job finding zones and knowing how to sit in the spots. Only bright spot with him was that he made the man miss every time he caught it, which was sorely missing with our receivers. But I think Brian Flores could've ran better routes vs man and finding spots vs zone

Agreed with above. I think he's got a real Jarvis Landry type ability in him, minus Landry's concentration and intermediate route running. Plus Landry couldn't be pressed - he was nasty at getting free. Hes not going to make the insane catches. But he'll always make people miss, and he's a damn willing blocker. He'll be a solid swiss army knife for this offense for a few years.

Landry without the route and acrobatic catches, so... he'll be useful for first downs and the like. He's pretty new to receiver right? Maybe he improves vastly and shows you a stronger route tree. If so, there's always room for that type of guy in the receiver room.

I really liked what I saw in the limited snaps. I'd like to see him with more opportunity. That said I'd still upgrade the WR position.

Saw some good things, saw some bad. Considering he finished his college career at QB and the raiders had him at RB it makes sense that he lacked polish & route running but he was also far and away our best yac guy. Add him to the list of 2nd year players whose development will be crucial our success

D

Garbage route running vs man and terrible job finding zones and knowing how to sit in the spots. Only bright spot with him was that he made the man miss every time he caught it, which was sorely missing with our receivers. But I think Brian Flores could've ran better routes vs man and finding spots vs zone
You seem to know the WR position pretty well. With his lack of experience at the position is this something that we could possibly see large strides of improvement in, or is the route running and zone awareness aspects of the position that are difficult to pick up and take years to get down? From what you have seen from his play is he worth the time in development for those major concerns?

Could I potentially use one of these responses in my article?

I also agree with RobertHorry. He egts too cute trying to get open and doesn't understand the timing aspect. A QB has to know that a WR will be at a certain place at a certain time. Tua knows Bowden can't be relied upon to do that consistently. This might explain why he was being pushed into a RB role. Lets hope it can be fixed as he is dynamic with he ball in his hands.

I think that Bowden has some potential. This is a critical season for him. He needs to make some significant progress at training camp to establish himself. I understand that he was well behind getting traded so late from the Raiders last year but we need to see if he can step up or not because there's going to be a plethora of hungry receivers in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom