Lyn Bowden Jr. Slot WR answered | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lyn Bowden Jr. Slot WR answered

How would you grade Lyn Bowden rookie season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess this is why receiver is our biggest need. If we're smart we'll double up on receiver. There's quality deep into the draft. We can't afford to keep receivers who can't catch. I hate to be difficult but if you can't catch maybe shouldn't be a professional football player who plays wide receiver. I have little faith in Grant after he dropped the most perfect pass of all time right in his hands. He also made me nervous with his ball handling. Somebody is gonna say, you said ball handling!! It's ok!!

I guess this is why receiver is our biggest need. If we're smart we'll double up on receiver. There's quality deep into the draft. We can't afford to keep receivers who can't catch. I hate to be difficult but if you can't catch maybe shouldn't be a professional football player who plays wide receiver. I have little faith in Grant after he dropped the most perfect pass of all time right in his hands. He also made me nervous with his ball handling. Somebody is gonna say, you said ball handling!! It's ok!!
Make him a RB and don't let him catch passes..he'll be retired in no time! LOL

Reactions: BSQ
Grant vs Bowden

Hurns is likely gone. Wilson may stay but where does he really fit? I feel like you lose him as soon as you can.

C at best. Like to keep Wilson. I think he needed a year off to get 100% healthy. I believe he can do some damage

He's the type of player Flores likes, remember we drafted Perry in the 7th and really Bowden cost us a 4th. So cutting him on a rookie contract is not going to happen unless he has a additude problem. Like as pointed out though he played QB, then was with the raiders as a rb then moved to WR. Considering all that we were lucky to get the production we did. Really our wide receiver talent is not that bad but our wide reciever health talent is pretty bad and if a guy like Bowden can stay healthy that consistency will go a long way to contributing to this team. I give him a solid B.

He's the type of player Flores likes, remember we drafted Perry in the 7th and really Bowden cost us a 4th. So cutting him on a rookie contract is not going to happen unless he has a additude problem. Like as pointed out though he played QB, then was with the raiders as a rb then moved to WR. Considering all that we were lucky to get the production we did. Really our wide receiver talent is not that bad but our wide reciever health talent is pretty bad and if a guy like Bowden can stay healthy that consistency will go a long way to contributing to this team. I give him a solid B.
B? Hmm? Okay.

Grant vs Bowden

Hurns is likely gone. Wilson may stay but where does he really fit? I feel like you lose him as soon as you can.
In the long run, if I were building the roster, I would want three guys who were primarily flanks on my roster, two guys who were primarily slots, and one guy who could cover either spot in a pinch.

Ideally, my second slot or my utility guy would be my return man.

I say this to say... In my mind, Wilson's longer than this year prospects would depend on who we draft. Wilson isn't going to work on special teams, and he's a pure slot WR, so it may come down to Bowden OR Wilson, but not both.

The Bengals game showed what we have there. He needs to work hard this off season and he needs one of the OCs to really understand how to use him and he will be a nice chess piece to throw into the mix.

I would keep Perry over Bowden for pure receiver skills. Bowden over Perry for general ATH.

Perry has some pretty nice skills for a receiver.

If we draft Pitts and or a WR or two or three..He gone!
We will not draft Pitts and 2 wide receivers. We have Fuller, we need to replace Van Noy, Larson, Karras and Roberts. The guys we picked up so far to replace them are jags or just off the mash unit. We have 6 picks to replinish 6 positions including rb and wr. There is a gaping need at LB and Center. Expect those areas addressed in the first 2 rounds.

We will not draft Pitts and 2 wide receivers. We have Fuller, we need to replace Van Noy, Larson, Karras and Roberts. The guys we picked up so far to replace them are jags or just off the mash unit. We have 6 picks to replinish 6 positions including rb and wr. There is a gaping need at LB and Center. Expect those areas addressed in the first 2 rounds.
I said A WR or TWO or THREE..meaning it could be 1! lol

As it relates to who will be our top 6 receivers, I would need to understand who can be stashed in the practice squad?

1. Parker. He is 28 years old, oft injured and may be looking for a new contract. Is he worth a top 10 salary?
  2. Preston. He has been injured each year. Can we count on him? I think he is replaced by our first round pick.
  3. Wilson. Should be healthy and ready to play. Best slot receiver on the roster.
  4. Fuller. Can he stay healthy?
  5. a. Our 2nd receiver picked in the draft. Should secure a spot this year.
  6. b . Grant. Is specials enough?
  7. c. Bowden. Can he be stashed in the Practice squad?
  8. d. Ford, Merritt, Hollins all fringe players on specials. Who can be stashed on the practice squad
Finally, we will have inquires and that will create opportunity. Hopefully our new rookies will have the chance to show case their skills when the opportunity arrives.

He exceeded my expectations which admittedly weren't very high. We didn't even draft this guy right? He wasn't horrible.

Don't think he's a long term answer at anything though but may be good for a couple of gadget plays per season where he throws a lateral or something. Not getting a Bowden JR jersey yet

Back
Top Bottom