Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket

BringBackShula said:
EXACTLY. THey based it on what "THEYSAW". Not what Pepito on Finheaven "wants"! NEVER, at any time, has ANYONE seen or read or heard or smelled anything ANYWHERE that says Lemon is going to beat out Maddox (a proven veteran with tons of experience & a SB ring) (and a BACKUP QB JOB, by the way) out of the #2 spot. That's right...THE REAL WORLD. Thats why Maddox was signed here. TO BACK UP CULPEPPER. So that in case Daunte is not ready to go on opening day, we've at least got a proven journeyman who knows how to play...as opposed to a snot-nose, wet behind the ears guy who has never TAKEN A SNAP in this game. So go and think about what is REALISTIC.
& just for your info: Sage passed up AJ on the depth chart because it was PAINFULLY obvious how BAD Feeley was (is). It doesn't take a hall of fame coach to see that Sage is DEFINATELY better than Feeley.

First you're assuming that's why Maddox was signed. You don't know whether the coaching staff feels that he is better than Lemon. Most likely it's just another body being brought in to compete. You see, Maddox is far from a proven vet. He had one decent season and has proven he is NOT capable since then.

I thought Sage was better than AJ last year long before Sage passed him on the depth chart. I based it on what I saw from both players. That's right what I saw, even before people started writing articles about it. It's called having your own opinion, not just waiting for somebody else to tell you what your opinion should be. And just like AJ, it was painfully obvious how bad Maddox was last season. So, like last year, I watched both players perform, Maddox in the regular season and Lemon in preseason which I considered in my evaluation). I evaluated their physical abilities and I watched how they reacted when the play broke down. I looked to see if they were able to read the blitzes pre-snap. Did they go through their progressions? How accurate their passes were. Could they complete a variety of passes? etc. etc. That's what I based my opinion on. What did you base your opinion on? How often you'd heard their names on Sportscenter?

PhinFan0202 said:
Ok where did you hear that Buffalo is going to cut J.P Losman? that's the first time i've ever herd anything about that. Do you have any proof of this?

It was a rumor on Sirius radio. It's never been confirmed, but the story is that Levy doesn't think that Losman will develop and that they are shopping him. It was further rumored that Levy liked Croyle. But again, this could just be some DJ talking out his butt.

rafael said:
It was a rumor on Sirius radio. It's never been confirmed, but the story is that Levy doesn't think that Losman will develop and that they are shopping him. It was further rumored that Levy liked Croyle. But again, this could just be some DJ talking out his butt.

If it is a trade type of deal than don't do it. If they go ahead and release him than why not take a chance on him. I don't care if he was a Bill before he got to the dolphins the guy has some serious potential. If he could learn the pro game from Culpepper and our coaching staff i would be content with him being the backup.

rafael said:
First you're assuming that's why Maddox was signed.

Theres nothing saying Maddox has signed.

Just info that we are talking to both Maddox and Griese.
I really don't know where the guy got that Maddox signed.

I'm confused. Did we sign Maddox? I haven't seen it official anywhere. :confused:

PhinFan0202 said:
Ok where did you hear that Buffalo is going to cut J.P Losman? that's the first time i've ever herd anything about that. Do you have any proof of this?

The only proof i have is speculation from my neigborhood Bills fans that beleive the signing of Craig Nall was the sign that JP was going to be done, and that speculation was it would happen before the June 10th cutoff.

Speculation, but again its coming from people who visit the bills forum site, I will ask someone to provide me with actual documentation and post it when i find it, again its insider speculation from the fans of upstate NY.

Well it looks like Griese is heading to the Bears according to ESPNEWS hotlist. Mike McMahon would be okay, wouldn't command too much money. But, what about Omar Jacobs? Saban can get this kid goin'.

Back
Top Bottom