Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket

DaunteFin said:
do we really want him as a backup :confused: :confused:
Hopefully Daunte will be healthy and we wont have to use him. We will prolly draft a QB who could be the number 2 guy before too long anyway.

Here's my issue's with Backups that we are speaking of.

My opinion based on what I saw last year on this offense,

Deep Passes
Quick Reads
Quick feet in the Pocket (frerrote did more of this towards the end of last year, he even scrambled for a few first downs in key situations during the 6 game streak)

Griese I thought had a rep for not having a strong arm, if that's the case, he doesn't fit our scheme correct?
Harrington, same thing, not to mention he has serious tunnel vision, doesn't make reads

So that leaves us with Tommy, only issue i see, is he doesn't have quick feet, and is more like a statue in the pocket.

After hearing John Clayton this morning on Mike and Mike, It is very possible that Daunte doesn't play week 1, and might not play till October, and even more remotely possible, may not play all next year, which I am ok with cause again this is not about a 1 year run.

He also mentioned Miami might make a run at Kerry Collin

I agree with previous posts, I would have liked to see us keep Gus, but since that's not happend I would take Kerry Collins.

Either that or wait for Buffalo to Cut JP losman.

Just some thoughts

I think Cleo make be pushed to the practice squad. I wouldnt be suprised if miami still drafts a QB in the 3rd of 4th round for a long term project.

Surferosa said:
Griese will cost a ton, as will Collins, Brooks and Harrington. This is a wise, thrifty signing by Saban. It will have a minimal signing bonus and will allow us to continue to chase Arrington and other big FA names.

Also, this tells me Cleo Lemon has a legit chance to win the #2 job. Cool.

exactly..that's what i think too.

I am going against the grain but I think Maddox would be a great option, he knows MMs system like the back of his hand and and is not too horrible a passer either.

god he's horrible i really hope we still have a chance a griese bc if griese offers himself cheap we could just release maddox

OMG, who ever supports Maddox as our backup must be COMPLETELY insane. He's the most horrible QB to ever step on an NFL field.

I rather have Mike McMahon.

i'd rather have Harrington/Griese/Brooks....or yes even Mike McMahon over Maddox...I don't care what kind of ties he has with our OC, he still out right sucks IMO...

westernnyphinfa said:
Here's my issue's with Backups that we are speaking of.

My opinion based on what I saw last year on this offense,

Deep Passes
Quick Reads
Quick feet in the Pocket (frerrote did more of this towards the end of last year, he even scrambled for a few first downs in key situations during the 6 game streak)

Griese I thought had a rep for not having a strong arm, if that's the case, he doesn't fit our scheme correct?
Harrington, same thing, not to mention he has serious tunnel vision, doesn't make reads

So that leaves us with Tommy, only issue i see, is he doesn't have quick feet, and is more like a statue in the pocket.

After hearing John Clayton this morning on Mike and Mike, It is very possible that Daunte doesn't play week 1, and might not play till October, and even more remotely possible, may not play all next year, which I am ok with cause again this is not about a 1 year run.

He also mentioned Miami might make a run at Kerry Collin

I agree with previous posts, I would have liked to see us keep Gus, but since that's not happend I would take Kerry Collins.

Either that or wait for Buffalo to Cut JP losman.

Just some thoughts

Ok where did you hear that Buffalo is going to cut J.P Losman? that's the first time i've ever herd anything about that. Do you have any proof of this?

PassRush said:
I am going against the grain but I think Maddox would be a great option, he knows MMs system like the back of his hand and and is not too horrible a passer either.

Great, except it is Linehans' offensive system, NOT what Mularky used to run. Maddox knew the offense in Pittsburgh last year, and STILL played as bad as you'll ever see a QB play (with maybe the exception of Ray Lucas a few years back).

He is old, he plays scared, he lacks accuracy, he is a statue in the pocket, and he won't accept blame for his mistakes (see last year with the Steelers).

I'd rather see Fielder back here. Seriously.

Ok where did you hear that Buffalo is going to cut J.P Losman? that's the first time i've ever herd anything about that. Do you have any proof of this?

Ummm...I think he was being sarcastic....

Maddox totally sucked last year. Without Daunte, we'd better be ready for crap MUCH worse than the 3 "F" QB's we've had the past few years, and add Ray Lucas as well.

Boy, I hope Cleo shows us something in training camp and pre-season.

Zounds said:
I think Cleo make be pushed to the practice squad. I wouldnt be suprised if miami still drafts a QB in the 3rd of 4th round for a long term project.
there absolutlly no possibility

dolphan98 said:
Maddox is a good team player and could help with veteran leadership. I'm OK with the signing as long as he never touches the field.
Yea I'm sure the team will really get pumped listening to a guy nobody wants on the field.:shakeno: :shakeno: Let's face it if they sign this guy maybe that guy from SI is right. What the hell is the point of signing a guy that is worthless? Everyone here knows he couldn't carry this team if his life depended on it or even hold down the fort until CP is ready. I say cough up the cash for a decent backup...we had a good one but they let him leave:tantrum:. Unbelievable !!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom