Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket

Roethlisberger credits Maddox as one of the main reasons for his success. He said he helped him develop tremendously. Maybe he can do the same for Lemon or a QB Miami may draft.

Trekbiz said:
Beat me to it.
You have to give Saban that.
We had offered for Gus to come back.
It was reported that he took things a little too hard and was a little bitter. Too bitter to come back here and turn down playing for what is obviously his favorite coach Linehan.

TOo bad Linehan left a WHILE AGO and is now the head coach of the St. Louis Rams! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO??

BringBackShula said:
TOo bad Linehan left a WHILE AGO and is now the head coach of the St. Louis Rams! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO??

....:shakeno:

Trekbiz said:
I still don't get how the Lemon fans get that this guy has a shot at anything. There is nothing in his past to show the guy is capable. He's been cut from teams in the past had an avg. college career and was a backup in NFLE of all places. Actually Berlin of NFLE didn't even have him as a backup, he was placed on their practice squad.

Everyone points to a few drives in preseason games as a tell all that the guy is a talent. Hasn't everyone seen enough preseason "stars" playing in games against low level talent to know this just isn't telling of how good a player will be?

IMO he was picked up by the phins as a long term project and I see no chance of this kid being our primary backup.

We could turn this around and say "why not" as well. The fact is the guy hasn't played in any real games yet so there is no way anyone can say what he is or isn't.

NYPhinFan said:
That is my exact point. I am not a big Maddox fan..but he is a better option right now than Berlin or Lemon.

THANK YOU!!!!:clap: Please tell that to the LEMON FAITHFUL in here!

Mr772 said:
We could turn this around and say "why not" as well. The fact is the guy hasn't played in any real games yet so there is no way anyone can say what he is or isn't.

EXACTLY! SO how can ANYBODY say that this KID is gonna beat out a PROVEN GUY?? That's REDICULOUS!

Okay..so then you can also say that about: Berlin, Huard, Sage(before he got to start), and everyother QB who's passed thru here as well as aaall the other NFL teams year, after year, after year...Get off of it. There's NO CHANCE IN HELL of him being the Backup or ever getting on the field! WHat are you? Lemon's family member or something?? This is a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM HERE. Even more important: THIS IS THE MIAMI DOLPHINS!

Hmm, I don't really like Maddox. :( Hopefully Saban and Mueller get him cheap and hopefully Daunte can play week one.

I hope we still draft a QB in like round 4.

I'm pretty sure I just puked in my mouth. Yep...The awful taste confirms it.
I predict if Daunte can't go...our season will be ruined AGAIN by crap quarterbacks. Write that down!

Let's hope Culpepper NEVER gets hurt, Maddox is probably the worst backup in the league.

Nublar7 said:
Hmm, I don't really like Maddox. :( Hopefully Saban and Mueller get him cheap and hopefully Daunte can play week one.

I hope we still draft a QB in like round 4.
i agree nublar
although i dont think think saban would sign him if he wasnt cheap or if he thought it wouldnt benifit our team

also about the draft
thats how i have my mock in my sig
a QB in the 4th

rafael said:
Sure it's your perogative, but without knowing any facts it sounds naive. Gus was clearly Saban's first option as a backup. They actually met to negotiate several times. For all you know, Saban was also willing to pay a premium. Maybe Gus wanted even more. Or maybe Gus just preferred to play with Linehan or didn't like the fans here treated his family like crap. Who knows. What we do know is that Saban first attempted to sign Gus as a backup.

No reason for the lecture. The "perogative" comment was humor. Get it? HUMOR. Not every football move made by the Phinz needs drama. A little less could help this board, actually.

HUMOR!

BringBackShula said:

That's what I meant.

Gus not only was bitter about the situation but he had the added attraction of playing for his fav. coach in St. Louis.
Too many reasons for him not to come back and play for the Phins.

I have to post quickly as I'm busy doing reports so maybe I misworded the post.

So HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! right back at ya! :lol:

Eh, Maddox isnt that bad. He is a veteran backup and would provide some stability should Culpepper not be ready to go at the seasons start. He wouldnt LOSE games for us with his play, nor be spectacular. Unlike some crap backups out there he could manage things well.

Better than Gus!

Back
Top Bottom