Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket

I wouldn't make much of this signing, if we do indeed pick him up......he's a good back-up, has experience with Mularkey as an offensive coordinator, overall I think he's a decent veteran pick-up who could serve as insurance if Daunte isn't good to go in Week 1.

Maddox is much worse than Frerotte...and I couldn't stand Frerotte. Oh God, please heal Daunte's knee!!!

Trekbiz said:
I still don't get how the Lemon fans get that this guy has a shot at anything. There is nothing in his past to show the guy is capable. He's been cut from teams in the past had an avg. college career and was a backup in NFLE of all places. Actually Berlin of NFLE didn't even have him as a backup, he was placed on their practice squad.

Everyone points to a few drives in preseason games as a tell all that the guy is a talent. Hasn't everyone seen enough preseason "stars" playing in games against low level talent to know this just isn't telling of how good a player will be?

IMO he was picked up by the phins as a long term project and I see no chance of this kid being our primary backup.

I agree- he's just holding the spot for our draft pick. I predict he'll be off the roster by the first game.

oh my god, if daunte is somehow not ready to go, we are really F****D

finfan54 said:
Maybe Saban is creating a little market for the two to see who wants to be a dolphin. But if Maddox is close to sigining. I think that is what we are getting.

The good side to this IMO is that we will draft a QB as well to groom for the future so Ill go out on a limb and say Whitehurst.

I am out on that limb with you. As Boomer said in another thread, Whitehurst
was liked. IMO Whitehurst will be a Fin come draft time if he is there at the right time.

Hopefully, he'll never see the field and from what I've seen Lemon will beat him out for the #2 spot anyways. Even Berlin might give him a run for the #3 spot.

rafael said:
Hopefully, he'll never see the field and from what I've seen Lemon will beat him out for the #2 spot anyways. Even Berlin might give him a run for the #3 spot.
Great ! finally someone with positve coments, Lemon can easly beat out Tommy.

rafael said:
Any post with the words "Berlin"...and "Dolphin QB" appear officially closes a thread for me...lol. Berlin will NOT be on the roster come opening day. He won't be #2..he won't be #3. Just my opinion.

NYPhinFan said:
Any post with the words "Berlin"...and "Dolphin QB" appear officially closes a thread for me...lol. Berlin will NOT be on the roster come opening day. He won't be #2..he won't be #3. Just my opinion.

It wouldn't surprise me if neither Maddox or Berlin make the final roster. If we draft any QB or one is cut late the chance of them being an upgrade is huge. (BTW I didn't actually use the term "Dolphin QB" in my post.)

I know you didn't..just making a joke. MY question is we need a vet just in case Culpepper is not ready right?. Don't we also need a vet in case he gets injured during the season?

NYPhinFan said:
I know you didn't..just making a joke. MY question is we need a vet just in case Culpepper is not ready right?. Don't we also need a vet in case he gets injured during the season?

I don't know. We finished last season with Sage and Cleo as backups. It would seem that once Lemon goes through a training camp (possibly getting increased reps until DC is ready) he might be nearly as qualified as Sage was to man the backup role.

Terrible signing... but I belive he will be the 3rd string QB behind the lemonade.

Back
Top Bottom