Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket

Everyone who said they want Aaron Brooks must've missed the news that he signed with the Raiders.

dolphan98 said:
Maddox is a good team player and could help with veteran leadership. I'm OK with the signing as long as he never touches the field.

You have to be willing to have the backup play 2 or 3 games every season and be confident that he will win them for you. QB's get injured enough to where you practically know that your backup QB will get extensive PT. My vote: Harrington or Griese.

Eeeuckk...........
clear.gif

At least its not going to be Harrington. I would take Maddox or just about any qb in the league over sorry *** Joey. That guy is just horrible I have seen him play in person at least 20 times and never once saw him do anything worth a ****

finmann said:
Not a big Maddox fan....I really don't like this signing.

Well the good thing about the NFL is it doesn't matter what any of us think, if Saban and Mularkey feel he is the best candidate for backup QB, then that's who we'll get. Simple as that

Pericles349 said:
You have to be willing to have the backup play 2 or 3 games every season and be confident that he will win them for you. QB's get injured enough to where you practically know that your backup QB will get extensive PT. My vote: Harrington or Griese.

Thats exactly why I don't want to see Maddox here. He is garbage and I have no confidence that he could win games for us. We already know whoever the backup is may very well be starting week 1, so I'd rather get someone that can win us a game....Maddox isn't the right guy (although doesn't sound like we have much choice). ugh!

Gresie will probably want to go somewhere where he will have at least a chance to start. He did start the season and play pretty well for TB. Maddox is less expensive but he was horrible last year when called to duty. Fortunately, Mularkey already resurrected his carreer once.

PerfectFinz72 said:
Thats exactly why I don't want to see Maddox here. He is garbage and I have no confidence that he could win games for us. We already know whoever the backup is may very well be starting week 1, so I'd rather get someone that can win us a game....Maddox isn't the right guy (although doesn't sound like we have much choice). ugh!
First off I want to say I am not a Maddox fan at all...BUT..we may have no other choice. Also what everyone is saying about Maddox is EXACTLY what everyone was saying about Ferrotte last year...to the letter!. So maybe he can bring something that we are not all aware of..just a thought.

I WANT TO KILL AALLL THIS DEBATE FOR ALL OF YOU RIGHT NOW.....
Just heard on 790 the ticket Joe Rose saying that Maddox HAS SIGNED with the Dolphins as our backup QB. There...No more should we's...or we shouldn'ts... So basically we got like another Frerrotte to back up Culpepper. Slightly better than Frerrotte? I'm happy!

NYPhinFan said:
So maybe he can bring something that we are not all aware of..just a thought.

Pittsburgh's playbook for one, would prolly come in handy if we face them in the playoffs next year.

BB does this to us every year. He signs a fin that we let go after camp or mid season.

Back
Top Bottom