Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket

I'm not a fan of Maddox either but he may very well be the best.... well the only option available taking into consideration price of acquisition.

I'd prefer Griese as well with the questions regarding Culpepper's health. I'm happy to see we're at least talking to him. Per the article, no one seems to be persuing him for starting duty so maybe we've got a shot.

If not Maddox will at least be an insurance policy that we don't have on the roster right now.

I would rather have Griese as well. And yes, I know he'd be expensive, but then again I'd much rather spend my cash on a Mustang than a cheap, reliable Focus.

AHHH guys you dont want this!!!!! I saw every steelers game last year and when he was in they were not good at all. He just couldnt hit his targets anymore and made alot of bad throws when he should of just tucked it and took the sack.

My wife is from Pittsburgh so I have some love for the Steelers. I'm telling you this guy is a BUM. Every game he started in when Ben was injured he lost for them. He SUCKS!

LipssInc said:
My wife is from Pittsburgh so I have some love for the Steelers. I'm telling you this guy is a BUM. Every game he started in when Ben was injured he lost for them. He SUCKS!

I understand that but it's probably coming down to the only player available at this point. We're apparently making a run at Griese but if that fails who else is there to bring in with backup experience that you could name?

finfan54 said:
wala! I turn on 790 and whats the first thing I hear? Tommy Maddox is close to signing a deal. There is your backup folks.

I hope not!:eek:

Surferosa said:
Aaron Brooks and Brian Griese were starters last year and will cost a LOT more than Maddox. Do you want to spend a lot on a backup, knowing that it will hinder our ability to sign other top FA's?

We cant just go and sign the best FA's at every position.

tell me how much they cost. Then tell me how much Maddox costs (keeping in mind, Maddox is complete and utter garbage that no one wants to see on the field)

Trekbiz said:
I still don't get how the Lemon fans get that this guy has a shot at anything. There is nothing in his past to show the guy is capable. He's been cut from teams in the past had an avg. college career and was a backup in NFLE of all places. Actually Berlin of NFLE didn't even have him as a backup, he was placed on their practice squad.

Everyone points to a few drives in preseason games as a tell all that the guy is a talent. Hasn't everyone seen enough preseason "stars" playing in games against low level talent to know this just isn't telling of how good a player will be?

IMO he was picked up by the phins as a long term project and I see no chance of this kid being our primary backup.

I'm not sure why everyone else thinks he is decent but I for one believe that The dolphins GM has an eye for quarterbacks with talent and if he thinks this guy has talent then I will trust him

THe Dolphins should hire Tommy as an assistant or waterboy,groundkeeper, not as a player. :tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom