Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddox close to signing: 790 the ticket

Mr772 said:
We could turn this around and say "why not" as well. The fact is the guy hasn't played in any real games yet so there is no way anyone can say what he is or isn't.

You don't go into a season where you are planning to make a run at a title with a question mark that big at backup QB.

You especially don't do it when your not sure if your starter will even be able to start the season.

Saban has made it obvious he wants to win now.
He's not going to risk losing games he could win with a proven backup QB. Only armchair fans would do that.

yeah i'm not sold on maddox..i would rather wanna see brooks or harrington sign

Sundance Kid said:
Let`s all cross our Fingers He never gets in a game.....

well ill take him if we can sign LaVar!!!

DaunteFin said:
yeah i'm not sold on maddox..i would rather wanna see brooks or harrington sign
brooks i believ esigned in OAK according to a few articles.

We shold of kept gus and paid him. Now if we get Maddox and he has to ever play a down for us we are ****ed.

why can't we draft marcus vick in like round 6? kid's got tremendeous potential! 90% of those guys never even make any impact...but what if??? he does have a better arm than mike..and just about as fast.

Nublar7 said:
Hmm, I don't really like Maddox. :( Hopefully Saban and Mueller get him cheap and hopefully Daunte can play week one.

I hope we still draft a QB in like round 4.

I still haven't seen any verification that he has signed.

Aqua and Orange said:
Eh, Maddox isnt that bad. He is a veteran backup and would provide some stability should Culpepper not be ready to go at the seasons start. He wouldnt LOSE games for us with his play, nor be spectacular. Unlike some crap backups out there he could manage things well.

Better than Gus!

Just like he didn't LOSE the game for Pittsburgh last year when he threw three picks against Jacksonville, the last one returned for a TD in overtime. :shakeno:

DaunteFin said:
why can't we draft marcus vick in like round 6? kid's got tremendeous potential! 90% of those guys never even make any impact...but what if??? he does have a better arm than mike..and just about as fast.
well for one we dont have a 6th round pick, and another thing it would bethe biggest waste, his wonderlic was WORSE than VINCE, criminal, if ne one drafts him i will be SOOOOOOOOOO suprised, maybe the broncos will lol, with there 3rd like Clarret last year

just posted on KFFL

Dolphins | Trying to bring in Maddox
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:15:53 -0800
The <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/167">Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins are trying to finalize a visit with free agent QB Tommy Maddox (Steelers), according to a source.

Spray Mucus said:
The <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/167">Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins are trying to finalize a visit with free agent QB Tommy Maddox (Steelers), according to a source.

Trying to finalize a "visit"...... interesting wording.

Spray Mucus said:

LOL sounds like he's deffinetly going to sign...the question is :confused:do we really want him as a backup :confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom