Maddox wanting a trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maddox wanting a trade

hunter5nc1 said:
You guys complain about our Qb problem and someones says sonmething about a once proven QB and no one wants anything to do with it

One halfway decent season does not make you a "proven QB". Gus Frerotte has had that.

I find it hard to beleive any team would consider maddox anything but a third stringer

DeeAy3000 said:
We could bring him in for insurance purposes. (Pun intended)

Hey, I thought it was funny. :)

I don't think Maddox is any better than Gus Frerotte.

PhinFan0202 said:
The guy is crap and he played with good talent which made him look "good". He's crap and he's nothing better than what we have now.

so what you are saying is that he is crap?:D

Maddox may provide some team with a viable backup, but just not ours. We are set at QB this year. I believe Saban will give Feeley and/or Fereotte this year to see where we are and draft accordingly.

I dunno, I mean Maddox did torch the Bills along with pittsburghs 2nd and 3rd stringers last year when Buffalo had a chance to get into the playoffs but choked it away. :lol:

With that said, no thanks to Maddox. We will NOT trade anything for him. We wanted a vet and we got Frerotte... whats the point of Maddox? :confused:

He had one good year with the Steelers. He did indeed play well. But Imo he is a career backup. We have to many of those on our roster already.

popularwar said:
If Feeley doesn't work out, we draft a quarterback. No more taking leftovers.

You better be hoping for another abysmal season, then. Success rates for QB's taken after the first round are in the single digits. Our best hope at getting a QB was in this year's draft. I expect Miami to play the QB merry-go-round with FA's for at least a couple more years unless we have another 4-12 season to secure a QB level draft pick in the first round. Taking a QB at any other level is like banking on winning the lottery for your retirement...1 person might get lucky, and the millions of others have just wasted their money. Throwing picks at the position after high in the first is just throwing away your pick...something that the aging Dolphins simply can't afford to do.

Roman529 said:
Just say no to "Touchdown Tommy," sheeeshhh I remember when he was "heir apparent" to Elway here in Denver. :lol:

I agree. Maddox is done.
BTW - "Touchdown Tommy" is Tommy Vardell's nickname (Bust of a running back from Cleveland), not Maddox.

Are you guys kidding me??? Your talking about the one and only XFL MVP!!! :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
I agree, Mularkey's system was good :D

Anyones offence would look good with Burress,Ward,Bettis,Randel El, and a great line.

Back
Top Bottom