Making A Case For Flores and Grier | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making A Case For Flores and Grier

I don’t think this is a hot take. I do fully expect both guys back. And I’m actually happy about that. I’m pissed this season was bullshit, we never should have dug ourselves this big hole. But Grier has been making savvy moves to acquire an maximize draft assets for now and long term. Same thing with how he’s signed contracts. I really like that we’re functioning like a high level organization. And Flores has shown he can be a leader, win games and over come adversity. All the best nfl organizations have continuity and I think if you have guys who are showing potential (just like players) you need to give them a chance to grow and develop as coaches/evaluators. Now with all that great positive reaction. Both guys should be on an instant hot seat next year, it’s put up or shut up. Year 4, you’ve had picks galore, cap galore, you’ve had 4 years to get a competent OC. If next year isn’t a massive success it may be time to completely clean house and reset. 4 years is a more than fair amount of time to build a quality NFL team

Noah needs to be returning those kicks and punts with his world class speed and lack of playing time not our studs Holland and Waddle. Remember how well P Williams was playing prior to his knee injury in the return game.
Liam E should be playing RT or right guard or vise versa with Hunt but not playing on the left side.
Jessie Davis should be at left guard where he has performed much better in the past. How about Kindly disappearance where he was serviceable last year and Jacksons regression on the left side.
Fuller, Parker, P Williams should cast for a ghost busters gig as much as they have disappeared this year. Throw in Grant and thats 4 veterans who have taken up roster spots that could have been used to develop young rookie like Malcom Perry we let get poached or Lynn Bowden stashed on IR not getting playing experience because we wiffed on Fuller.
Those picks for Holland and Waddle we're gifts from the football gods that we fell into.
Love our winning streak but there are more questions than answers circling around this crew currently than there was last year.

I have to think Grier does all in his power to field a oline to protect Tua. I'm not sure he will be able to as I feel he has been incompetent to do so.
He should lean on Reggie McKenzie a lot more when it comes to Offensive Line prospects. McKenzie is a former Offensive Lineman himself along with his brother Rallie.

Digging those 7 game losing streaks, are you? 🥲🥲🥲
Flores has already matched Belicheat's win total in his first three seasons as a head coach (20). He should surpass that on Sunday and tie Bill Walsh's win total. Yeah, Walsh did with the SB in that third year, but still.

He should lean on Reggie McKenzie a lot more when it comes to Offensive Line prospects. McKenzie is a former Offensive Lineman himself along with his brother Rallie.
problem is we literally do not know what % is the talent what % is the coaching. 3 OL we have cut this year suddenly look amazing on other teams. AJ, Hunt, Kindley have regressed in year 2. Maybe Grier is doing great and it's all on Lemuel Jeanpierre, who based on his interviews is not very reassuring in his ability to explain things clearly

lol that Tua + a slate of dogshit opposing quarterbacks is gonna save the jobs of both of these bums.

Tough to be a fan of this team, tbh.

Digging those 7 game losing streaks, are you? 🥲🥲🥲
I'll be honest. How can we be confident next year with looking back at this year. Is this garbage gonna be an annual tradition for us?
Going 0-7 with the team we saw the last 2 weeks is a serious concern for me.
And all of our Lineman regressed like crazy this year.
We have serious problems and it isn't the players.

I'm much more open to both considering the potential shown by Tua, Holland, Phillips and Waddle.

I still struggle with the Igbo pick, not addressing RB and the joke of an offensive line though.

Lol I knew when we got on the inevitable win streak on the weak part of our schedule that people would try to "make a case" for Flores and Grier, very predictable. I was personally ready to can Flores after the poor handling of Tua, the pursuit of Watson, and the poor coaching decisions at the end of the Jaguars game which cost us the game. He's not a good coach.

Back
Top Bottom