Making A Case For Flores and Grier | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making A Case For Flores and Grier

Fasten your seatbelts gentlemen and let the sermon begin. The Miami Dolphins are set with Chris Grier and Brian Flores. Why do I say this? Here are some facts. The Dolphins have drafted 14 starters since 2019. The notable free agents such as Erik Flowers, Germaine Eluemunore and Matt Skura were signed to bolster the Offensive Line. They were released and are now starting, playing well for Washington, Las Vegas and the Giants respectively. I am sure based on the performance of the Miami Dolphins this season, we can all agree that the Offensive Line has torpedoed the season. Brian Flores has shown he can still be a leader of men because the team never did quit on him. All the rumors of tention between himself and Tagovailoa was never proven. Since he got directly involved in the defense itnhas been lights out great.
Chris Grier has drafted Christian Wilkins, Michael Dieter, Andy Van Ginkel, Myles Gaskins, Tua Tagovailoa, Austin Jackson, Robert Hunt, Raekwon Davis, Brandon Jones, Solomon Kindley, Blake Ferguson, Jaylen Waddle, Jaelen Phillips, Liam Eichenberg and Jevon Holland. The only ones on this list who have been under performing have been Jackson, Eichenberg and Kindley. And who's responsible for that? His name is Lemuel Jean Pierre. We should also blame Jean Pierre for not giving enough reps to Eluemunore, Skura and Kindley during training camp. Grier's spot should be secured. Brian Flores should be retained on the condition that tosses Jean Pierre. That's my take on the 2021 Miami Dolphins. I purposely left out Noah Igbinoghene and Hunter Long because it is my opinion that they were drafted for long term replacements, not to play immediately.
I wasn't sure if you were talking about making a case for or against those guys. - LOL

I actually feel you made a great point in showing where the problem lies as opposed to fans who just use their "second rate wisdom" as a blanket whine against the FO, Coaching and specific players; one of whom is demonstrably and statistically making progress towards being a top NFL QB this season!

I get your point but if you're going to hold him up for praise he also needs to answer for letting Van Noy go, Iggy, AJax, Breida, and Howard as well. You can't solely be judged by your successes or your failures. Both need to be considered. I think when you take all of his moves into consideration, he seems to be on the upswing but he's certainly not untarnished. I'm okay giving him this offseason as long as he knows OLine RB and a complimentary WR for Waddle plus resigning MG are atop his list of priorities.
Clearly the good things shown in this post greatly exceed the few things pointed out in your post.

One single fact sh!ts all over this. If Flo and Grier are so amazing why are we pursuing a QB with 22 counts of Sexual Indiscretion against him for 3 1st round picks+ other picks with this garbage O-Line? I dont have respect for either of them. I dont think Flo is a good coach, in any way,
A piece getting a lot of coverage is not the same thing as a piece of speculations real value!

Do you remember the old adage "Empty Barrels make the most noise"?
I've found it is true more often than not.

Fasten your seatbelts gentlemen and let the sermon begin. The Miami Dolphins are set with Chris Grier and Brian Flores. Why do I say this? Here are some facts. The Dolphins have drafted 14 starters since 2019. The notable free agents such as Erik Flowers, Germaine Eluemunore and Matt Skura were signed to bolster the Offensive Line. They were released and are now starting, playing well for Washington, Las Vegas and the Giants respectively. I am sure based on the performance of the Miami Dolphins this season, we can all agree that the Offensive Line has torpedoed the season. Brian Flores has shown he can still be a leader of men because the team never did quit on him. All the rumors of tention between himself and Tagovailoa was never proven. Since he got directly involved in the defense itnhas been lights out great.
Chris Grier has drafted Christian Wilkins, Michael Dieter, Andy Van Ginkel, Myles Gaskins, Tua Tagovailoa, Austin Jackson, Robert Hunt, Raekwon Davis, Brandon Jones, Solomon Kindley, Blake Ferguson, Jaylen Waddle, Jaelen Phillips, Liam Eichenberg and Jevon Holland. The only ones on this list who have been under performing have been Jackson, Eichenberg and Kindley. And who's responsible for that? His name is Lemuel Jean Pierre. We should also blame Jean Pierre for not giving enough reps to Eluemunore, Skura and Kindley during training camp. Grier's spot should be secured. Brian Flores should be retained on the condition that tosses Jean Pierre. That's my take on the 2021 Miami Dolphins. I purposely left out Noah Igbinoghene and Hunter Long because it is my opinion that they were drafted for long term replacements, not to play immediately.

I have to respectfully agree to disagree. We are in the third year of a tear-down rebuild and year two has been a step backwards. While the team has not abandoned Grier, they certainly did not play for him the first seven weeks. There have been issues with his coaching such as not being able to make half time adjustments to the opposing team. I also do not agree with the way Flores has handled the development of the offensive line. They should have figured out the positions during camp and then developed them through pre-season games in lieu of the merry-go-round swiss army knife approach. I also do not think he handled the QB situation last year or this year well either. Both Grier and Flores should have put the issue to rest before it gained steam and stated "We are not looking at Watson because Tua is our QB." Enough on Flores who is the most salvageable of the Two.

Grier should be fired just for even thinking of trading for Watson when he is damaged goods. Look at Griers body of work going back to 2006 when he was promoted to Director of Scouting. He has whiffed on the selection of Offensive Line. I also disagree with Grier's move down and back up. He orchestrated the trade well before the pro day which catapulted Chase and Pitts up into the top 5 discussion. He should have wielded a trade the day of. He blinked. Examine the Free Agent maneuvers he has made which most will scratch his head. I also hold him accountable for the lack of vision of grabbing a RB as well as his inability to see the debacle of our WR Corps. Past performance is an indicator of future performance and our WR group has a history of injuries.

Unfortunately, Ross is a year late in his analysis of his staff. We will have Grier and Flores for one more year which will probably result in future frustration. I had hopes on Flores but have not liked Grier because of his track record of failed drafts.

That makes absolutely no sense. When Texans realized Miami and Watson were working on a Civil settlement, The Texans withdrew their offer as Watson without 22 Civil cases is worth more as it was reported.
I'm gonna stick to believing ESPN over "Some dude on Finheaven"
Just because someone says some information doesn't make sense, doesn't mean that information isn't sensible.
It may just be beyond that reviewers' capability to understand.

Understand? - LOL

I have to respectfully agree to disagree. We are in the third year of a tear-down rebuild and year two has been a step backwards. While the team has not abandoned Grier, they certainly did not play for him the first seven weeks. There have been issues with his coaching such as not being able to make half time adjustments to the opposing team. I also do not agree with the way Flores has handled the development of the offensive line. They should have figured out the positions during camp and then developed them through pre-season games in lieu of the merry-go-round swiss army knife approach. I also do not think he handled the QB situation last year or this year well either. Both Grier and Flores should have put the issue to rest before it gained steam and stated "We are not looking at Watson because Tua is our QB." Enough on Flores who is the most salvageable of the Two.

Grier should be fired just for even thinking of trading for Watson when he is damaged goods. Look at Griers body of work going back to 2006 when he was promoted to Director of Scouting. He has whiffed on the selection of Offensive Line. I also disagree with Grier's move down and back up. He orchestrated the trade well before the pro day which catapulted Chase and Pitts up into the top 5 discussion. He should have wielded a trade the day of. He blinked. Examine the Free Agent maneuvers he has made which most will scratch his head. I also hold him accountable for the lack of vision of grabbing a RB as well as his inability to see the debacle of our WR Corps. Past performance is an indicator of future performance and our WR group has a history of injuries.

Unfortunately, Ross is a year late in his analysis of his staff. We will have Grier and Flores for one more year which will probably result in future frustration. I had hopes on Flores but have not liked Grier because of his track record of failed drafts.
This post starts out with some reasonable issues, then suddenly and without warning, turns into a "Watson" hysteria post with questionable assumptions being presented as if those assumptions were facts.

This doesn't pass the "not a Lemming" test. - LOL

Just because someone says some information doesn't make sense, doesn't mean that information isn't sensible.
It may just be beyond that reviewers' capability to understand.

Understand? - LOL
I understand you just got put on ignore for acting like a 3 year old.

Flores has already matched Belicheat's win total in his first three seasons as a head coach (20). He should surpass that on Sunday and tie Bill Walsh's win total. Yeah, Walsh did with the SB in that third year, but still.
Perspective is a wonderful thing.

With so many long-term posters here, I can't find a good reason for their failure to see things in any kind of perspective.

I understand you just got put on ignore for acting like a 3 year old.
Possibly.

If it makes this board more enjoyable for a fan, that's fine with me. I don't pay attention to the ignore button myself.

I wouldn't worry about it, even if I was aware of it. I imagine it being equivalent to the enforcement of a "no soliciting" sign.

I suspect you are the type of poster who gets upset when someone puts you on ignore. Just my opinion of course, but I can't imagine why else you would bring this to my attention.

I do have one question. Were the folks that put me on ignore "Lemmings" by any chance? - LOL

This post starts out with some reasonable issues, then suddenly and without warning, turns into a "Watson" hysteria post with questionable assumptions being presented as if those assumptions were facts.

This doesn't pass the "not a Lemming" test. - LOL
The point was not about Watson but the way our front office handled the issue by remaining quiet. It was a disruption to the team and should have been managed better by the front office. That is all

The point was not about Watson but the way our front office handled the issue by remaining quiet. It was a disruption to the team and should have been managed better by the front office. That is all
The real problem was that information may or may not have been factual. If it was factual, were there other related pieces of information that were not reported; or was there one fact and a lot of supportive speculation offered as proof for the original statement.

Leadership should have made affirmative statements that the club is not looking into Watson (media nightmare and a whole different thread on whether to take him or not). The fact is, their silence was an answer. Information was leaked to the press which Grier did not refute. I guess we will not agree on this point. Grier and company created unnecessary drama earlier in the year in the way they handled X-man's contract. It was a media nightmare and the front office looked like amateurs.

Grier sucks. last year he blew it in the first round besides tua. even this year. he traded up for eich and drafted long who can't even get on the field. then in free agency the last 2 years hes been pathetic . he sucks

Leadership should have made affirmative statements that the club is not looking into Watson (media nightmare and a whole different thread on whether to take him or not). The fact is, their silence was an answer. Information was leaked to the press which Grier did not refute. I guess we will not agree on this point. Grier and company created unnecessary drama earlier in the year in the way they handled X-man's contract. It was a media nightmare and the front office looked like amateurs.
Even if they were?

Back
Top Bottom