Making a case for Patrick Surtain II | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making a case for Patrick Surtain II

dolphintodd

Club Member
Reaction score
Patrick Surtain II - great player and person with pedigree. With B Jone's contract getting a CB to replace that contract next season must be a priority. Also would we really be trading down from three and want Pitts or Chase?... just does not add up to me. Unless we go Oline that makes sense too. I also think Flores prioritizes CB and Oline, I have been shaking my head for a while now I just have a hard time seeing us pick a WR at 6 especially a 170LB one.

I love you too.

There’s no way we go CB at 6. You’re right that Flo loves his CBs. But we wouldn’t have traded from 12 to 6 for a CB. There is only one CB going off the board before 12 (Cowboys at 10) and even that is not guaranteed.

We moved up to 6 for a pass catcher. Book it. The only question is which one.

All that going from #3 to #12 to #6 proves is that we arent infatuated with just one player in the draft..but want to have a choice of 2-3 that we probably rate pretty equally..someone like:

Pitts/Chase/Smith/Waddle/Sewell..any of those are pretty good picks @ #6 and should have most if not all there at #6..

Patrick Surtain II - great player and person with pedigree. With B Jone's contract getting a CB to replace that contract next season must be a priority. Also would we really be trading down from three and want Pitts or Chase?... just does not add up to me. Unless we go Oline that makes sense too. I also think Flores prioritizes CB and Oline, I have been shaking my head for a while now I just have a hard time seeing us pick a WR at 6 especially a 170LB one.

I love you too.
I don’t agree on Pitts and Chase...We have Iggy developing and B Jones is fine for now ...

Pass on Surtain.....

All that going from #3 to #12 to #6 proves is that we arent infatuated with just one player in the draft..but want to have a choice of 2-3 that we probably rate pretty equally..someone like:

Pitts/Chase/Smith/Waddle/Sewell..any of those are pretty good picks @ #6 and should have most if not all there at #6..
I don’t think they rate them all that highly...I also think at the time of the trade they underestimated Pitts rise on draft boards.

Don't need to make a case for him. After we gotten a weapon at 3, don't mind taking him at 18. In today's NFL, you can never have too many good cb.
In today's defense, two key pieces. Players to get to qb, edge rusher. And stop the pass, cb.
Give me two solid DE, and two solid CB, I give you a great defense. Never mind interior linemen and LB.

It is definitely possible flo would take a few players at 6 but idk I just think he wants a specific player to trade back up. Stay at 12 Surtain is gone. I wanted to also add so in the end we get the guy we want with two nice future picks. Not much risk.

Back
Top Bottom