Making a case for Patrick Surtain II | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making a case for Patrick Surtain II

I’m not smart enough with football Xs & Os, nor knowledgeable enough about the draft class, to say whether you can make it work with Pitts + Gesicki on the field at the same time. But I’m a big believer that in any team pursuit in life – football or not – you get as many talented people together as possible, and find a way to utilize all of their skill sets as best as possible. I fail to understand why having Pitts + Gesicki would be a problem. If that’s a problem, then it’s a very good one to have. And if our co-offensive coordinators can’t find a way to utilize both their skill sets then let's find someone who can.
I tend to agree. It may not be the most perfect 'ying and yang' fit like Gronk and A. Hernandez, since Gronk could really block..and they may be somewhat similar players according to most here..Gesicki and Pitts..but Pitts is superior if you ask many as a Receiver, despite similar measurables and testing numbers...and I too fail to see how it can't work..

...It's like..I have two similar WR's..well..one can play all over and one plays somewhere more often than not that same spot..can we make it work? I mean, they are similar with similar talent and skillsets and both top 10 at their position? Would you take a lesser talented player to pair Pitts with for a better scheme fit or keep the two similar guys that are more elite talents?

I know what I'd do..figure it out, OC's! :cool:

The only way I’d draft a cb is if the value is too good to pass up. If Eric Stokes is still there at #50 I’d take him. You could always trade one of our high priced corners.

We will not, I repeat...NOT...draft a CB @ 6. No way in h** do we do that. CB and QB are the 2 positions we will def not pick @ 6 this year. BPA @ 18 maaaaybe, but I highly doubt it there as well. We have too many needs at other positions, and there are studs at those positions of NEED. There are a handful of elite players rated as top 8 or 10 and everyone knows who they are.

And for the love of God, could we please stop talking about a REACH pick of Moore @ 18. If we go WR @ 6 we will go another position of need @ 18. If we draft Pitts or Sewell @ 6 then we may go WR @ 18 but it won’t be Moore. There are several WR’s that are better than him. He has a history of being/making selfish plays. Would not pick him in round 1 at all.

Certainly not a need but damn do I want him.

It would be sick to have the next generation Surtain.

We will not, I repeat...NOT...draft a CB @ 6. No way in h** do we do that. CB and QB are the 2 positions we will def not pick @ 6 this year. BPA @ 18 maaaaybe, but I highly doubt it there as well. We have too many needs at other positions, and there are studs at those positions of NEED. There are a handful of elite players rated as top 8 or 10 and everyone knows who they are.

And for the love of God, could we please stop talking about a REACH pick of Moore @ 18. If we go WR @ 6 we will go another position of need @ 18. If we draft Pitts or Sewell @ 6 then we may go WR @ 18 but it won’t be Moore. There are several WR’s that are better than him. He has a history of being/making selfish plays. Would not pick him in round 1 at all.
Name 3 WR's you'd take @ #18 over him?

Name 3 WR's you'd take @ #18 over him?
Besides the obvious of the top 3, I like Bates and Marshall a lot, and Toney if your looking for a speed guy type.

Should have taken swift or jonathon Taylor at #30 last year instead of Igbo. Then we could be here talking about a good corner at #18. But here we are.

Bateman? You mean? Hmm? Okay. 😎
I like Toney more than Moore, personally, but tryin' to remain objective! :shrug:
Yea, BateMAN 😂 Sorry!!
I need to make a self correction here tho...uh, the OP MAY have meant Rondale Moore and if he did, I apologize. I was thinking of Elijah Moore, since I had seen a few posts talking about him. I do like R Moore, but I personally like Toney a bit better. I’m not high on E Moore tho and that’s who I interpreted as such.

Bateman? You mean? Hmm? Okay. 😎

Yea, BateMAN 😂 Sorry!!
I need to make a self correction here tho...uh, the OP MAY have meant Rondale Moore and if he did, I apologize. I was thinking of Elijah Moore, since I had seen a few posts talking about him. I do like R Moore, but I personally like Toney a bit better. I’m not high on E Moore tho and that’s who I interpreted as such.
:shrug:

Toney has tons of potential..just figuring out the WR position after being a high school QB who claims he can throw the ball 80 or 90 yards in the air...anyway..I like his fit with any team that needs or utilities well SLOT WR's..but he can play on the outside and run out of the backfield. well, too.

Toney is a real weapon, man. Wildcat QB, too!

Yea I heard him sat
:shrug:

Toney has tons of potential..just figuring out the WR position after being a high school QB who claims he can throw the ball 80 or 90 yards in the air...anyway..I like his fit with any team that needs or utilities well SLOT WR's..but he can play on the outside and run out of the backfield. well, too.

Toney is a real weapon, man. Wildcat QB, tooy
Yea I heard him say that too...whatever...lol

I see the potential in him as well. His speed shows on the field, and is a RAC threat.

Yea I heard him sat

Yea I heard him say that too...whatever...lol

I see the potential in him as well. His speed shows on the field, and is a RAC threat.
Well Dan Mullen did say he had the biggest arm on the team..even when Feleipe Franks was there...so that says something..Franks had a cannon..just nothing between the ears...

Patrick Surtain II - great player and person with pedigree. With B Jone's contract getting a CB to replace that contract next season must be a priority. Also would we really be trading down from three and want Pitts or Chase?... just does not add up to me. Unless we go Oline that makes sense too. I also think Flores prioritizes CB and Oline, I have been shaking my head for a while now I just have a hard time seeing us pick a WR at 6 especially a 170LB one.

I love you too.
Drafting Patrick at #6 is Surtainly not going to happen.

Patrick Surtain II - great player and person with pedigree. With B Jone's contract getting a CB to replace that contract next season must be a priority. Also would we really be trading down from three and want Pitts or Chase?... just does not add up to me. Unless we go Oline that makes sense too. I also think Flores prioritizes CB and Oline, I have been shaking my head for a while now I just have a hard time seeing us pick a WR at 6 especially a 170LB one.

I love you too.
i get smith is undersized at 170, but come on. what has he shown he cant do even at that size? no injury history (except a freak finger injury). played against some of the best defenses for 4 years. i don't get it. would it be more ideal that he weighed more? absolutely. but nothing on film or in his history shows he cannot play at a high level because of his weight.
sorry rant over.
as for surtain no thanks. i think 6 is way too high. i think he fits best in a press cover 3 scheme like what Bradley or quinn. i think the kid is talented but doesn't have great makeup speed. gets beat a lot by quick twitch guys.

i get smith is undersized at 170, but come on. what has he shown he cant do even at that size? no injury history (except a freak finger injury). played against some of the best defenses for 4 years. i don't get it. would it be more ideal that he weighed more? absolutely. but nothing on film or in his history shows he cannot play at a high level because of his weight.
sorry rant over.
as for surtain no thanks. i think 6 is way too high. i think he fits best in a press cover 3 scheme like what Bradley or quinn. i think the kid is talented but doesn't have great makeup speed. gets beat a lot by quick twitch guys.

And Pitts. :KIP:

Back
Top Bottom