Making a case for Patrick Surtain II | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making a case for Patrick Surtain II

Not too many All Pros have been on the Dolphins in the past 10 years. Why move the one steady one you have?

Jones would get the move before Howard. Guy couldn't cover a sleeping baby with a blanket.
Because look at what we were able to do with the Tunsil trade. That's why.

Because look at what we were able to do with the Tunsil trade. That's why.
How many games have we won because of the Tunsil trade?

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made the Pro Bowl?

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made an All Pro team...or has even shown All Pro ability?

Trading the one stud you have on your team is not the way to keep the strongest unit on your team strong.

Unless the Howard situation because irreconcilable, he should be covering somebody's #1, or shutting down a #2 while we roll coverage toward the #1.

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made an All Pro team...or has even shown All Pro ability?

Trading the one stud you have on your team is not the way to keep the strongest unit on your team strong.

Unless the Howard situation because irreconcilable, he should be covering somebody's #1, or shutting down a #2 while we roll coverage toward the #1.
It almost sounds as though you don't think the LT trade was worth it? I think 99.9% would disagree.

If you don't think that, why would you use it as an example in a debate?

I'm not seeing the logic of the post.

trade Howard for 2 firsts and I'm in
Even if we got a first and a second...

plus you get the $ back - w 6 picks in the first 100 players plays a third rounder - we get receiver - runningback - center - two edge and a top corner - and use round 3 on another receiver!

get rid of two of 3 - between Parker grant and Wilson -

and then buy whatever else you need w the $20 million you save,,,,

id be very happy!!!!

X won’t make it to week 10 - and likely won’t be available when we need him most.

love you X but don’t buy purses for ladies other then your girl and then leave them around for her to find!

It’s a bit early for that eval!!!

Tunsil trade is legendary now in NFL history so yeah trade X and let’s move on!!!

It almost sounds as though you don't think the LT trade was worth it? I think 99.9% would disagree.

If you don't think that, why would you use it as an example in a debate?

I'm not seeing the logic of the post.
What are you talking about?

I didn't mention the Tunsil trade. I replied to it being mentioned.

For the record, I didn't like the trade at first because imwas ready to move on with the team. I came around because of the long term value of the picks (I think).

Trading Howard for another haul is fine...if we are in a rebuild. IMO, the rebuild is done.

The full results of the Tunsil trade is still TBD, but most people at this point agree that the Dolphins unanimously won the trade.
You can have your difference of opinion but I doubt you'll have too many people agreeing with you.

It’s a bit early for that eval!!!

Tunsil trade is legendary now in NFL history so yeah trade X and let’s move on!!!
Trade X...

Fine...now that top 10 defense becomes much worse. I won't give it a number, but I would hate to see this defense...minus a pass rush and Howard on the outside.

We'd have been drafting #1.

What are you talking about?

I didn't mention the Tunsil trade. I replied to it being mentioned.

For the record, I didn't like the trade at first because imwas ready to move on with the team. I came around because of the long term value of the picks (I think).

Trading Howard for another haul is fine...if we are in a rebuild. IMO, the rebuild is done.
You said:

"How many games have we won because of the Tunsil trade?

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made an All Pro team...or has even shown All Pro ability?"

My point was that the statement was not a good arguement for not trading X. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Personally, I doubt he has the trade value that many here believe, and unless you have a replacement, trading him makes little sense.

My only question with X is can he stay off IR. When healthy, he has proven to be a top corner, and is an integral piece in the scheme.

You said:

"How many games have we won because of the Tunsil trade?

How many players from the Tunsil trade have made an All Pro team...or has even shown All Pro ability?"

My point was that the statement was not a good arguement for not trading X. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Personally, I doubt he has the trade value that many here believe, and unless you have a replacement, trading him makes little sense.

My only question with X is can he stay off IR. When healthy, he has proven to be a top corner, and is an integral piece in the scheme.
Whether its a good reason to trade X or not is a matter of opinion. Trading X only gives a possible reason to extend this rebuild. IMO, its time to craft a team and move forward with the present capital.

Back
Top Bottom