Making a case for Patrick Surtain II | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Making a case for Patrick Surtain II

There's no way we're drafting a corner at 6 nor should we. This is just not happening and even if we trade Howard for some high picks, we'd look for a corner at 18 but there's only one reason they went back up to 6 and that's for a playmaker on offense.

That wouldn't surprise me too much. X. Howard and Byron Jones both have big contracts.

Hopefully Iggy takes that next step, but adding another quality corner would fit what we've seen with Flores.

Plus, with pick #18 Miami would be able to get a good receiver like Elijah Moore, Bateman, Marshall or Toney. Potentially trading down to get one of them.

I would hate to miss on Smith, Chase, Pitts or Waddle but would want to see how the remainder of the draft turned out.

There’s no way we go CB at 6. You’re right that Flo loves his CBs. But we wouldn’t have traded from 12 to 6 for a CB. There is only one CB going off the board before 12 (Cowboys at 10) and even that is not guaranteed.

We moved up to 6 for a pass catcher. Book it. The only question is which one.
Logically yes. But I think there's a good argument about value of a top corner versus a top wide receiver.

Personally, if I'm picking I'm talking one of the wide receivers or Pitts. But that's because I see corner as a current strength.

Iggy was our "luxury" pick at CB. He needs time to develop.

We won't be addressing CB early in this draft.

This is the draft we build Tua's offense.
I think so too. That just makes sense.

I love defense, but my dream draft would be Smith and Elijah Moore in round one. They would give NFL corners fits.

You think it's not possible..or that they'd F it up?! Not utilize them in the best way?
I don't know how creative Miami's offensive coordinators will be.

My guess is the team wouldn't resign Gesicki, or maybe look for a draft day trade.

Maybe I'm wrong and those two dominate like no two tight ends in NFL history. I love the idea of having those two options for Tua in the redzone.

I don't know how creative Miami's offensive coordinators will be.

My guess is the team wouldn't resign Gesicki, or maybe look for a draft day trade.

Maybe I'm wrong and those two dominate like no two tight ends in NFL history. I love the idea of having those two options for Tua in the redzone.
A smart/good defense would make at least one of them to have to stay in to block. This is why to me it'd make sense to trade Gesicki and on two TE's set you can have Pitts and either Smythe or Shaheen as both of them are at least decent blockers. You have Gesicki and Pitts in at the same time you might as well tell the other team you're not running the ball on that down.

You think it's not possible..or that they'd F it up?! Not utilize them in the best way?
I’m not smart enough with football Xs & Os, nor knowledgeable enough about the draft class, to say whether you can make it work with Pitts + Gesicki on the field at the same time. But I’m a big believer that in any team pursuit in life – football or not – you get as many talented people together as possible, and find a way to utilize all of their skill sets as best as possible. I fail to understand why having Pitts + Gesicki would be a problem. If that’s a problem, then it’s a very good one to have. And if our co-offensive coordinators can’t find a way to utilize both their skill sets then let's find someone who can.

Back
Top Bottom