man am i the only one who thinks Brunell is a washed up has been | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

man am i the only one who thinks Brunell is a washed up has been

And he injured his elbow this year.

Burnell's final stats look good. Finished the year with an 89.7 QB rating.

Brunell is only one year older than Jay. Plus, I challenge anyone to show me one season where Jay outperformed Brunell. Pick any of Jay's best seasons and compare them to Brunell's worst. Brunell wins.

Brunell is far from a washed up has been. I really cannot see anything in his performance that would make someone think that he was.
I hope we get him...it sure would be nice to have a QB that can consistently hit a receiver in stride, like Mark can do, and not make the WRs have to contort their body into some gawdawful position trying to adjust to an errant pass, as was common with Fiedler's passes.

BTW, Brunell is only 15 months older than Fiedler. Some folks talk like Brunell is older than Mathusala and that Jay is still a kid...so just wanted to throw that in. :)

Im sorry but it is a completely ignorant statement saying we should keep fiedler over Brunell. Making this type of comment shows total lack of football knowledge. Its an insult to the sport saying these 2 guys are even close. Im not saying Brunell is great, but if you dont think hes a clear upgrade, I have no idea what sport you have been watching.

do to the cap situation i don't think we'll be able to get brunell, and young qb, improve the line and get another wr....so if i had my choice is going with a better o-line and feidler or the same line and brunell i'd take feidler and the better o-line.....no one is going to play good behind last years line regardless of the weapons you have.....

Originally posted by Fisticuff

easy to say that when jay hasn't had those players you're so willing to give brunell.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/1999-post-div-mia-jac

I've been a Jay fan because of his tuffness,heart,athletisism and all around good character.

His problem is he shoots a shotgun not a rifle.

You just never know where the shots are going!

We need a rifleman in the backfield that qualifies "Expert".

Ya we can afford him. It's cheaper to cut Fiedler and sign Brunell.

What's he gonna cost the first year like 2-3m? That's nothing for a clear upgrade.

i also think that brunell´s asking price will be affordable, its almost like griese last year, it looks like he want´s to come here and we want him

A QB that conistently bomb it. Now that makes a difference.

yeah that would be nice to see, that plays that work in practice, finally would work on sundays with some consistency, that would be a dream come true :clap:

Originally posted by Jaj
A QB that conistently bomb it. Now that makes a difference.

Just the threat of Bruenell being able to hit the long ball will open up huge holes for Ricky, hell it would open up the whole offense.

As far as Brunell being older then Jay, Lets take into consideration Brunell will be coming off of a year of rest. This year will probably be the healthiest he has been in years. Jay has yet to complete a season.

Just for the record I am not a Fiedler hater either, I have backed Jay since he's been in Miami, but facts are facts.

brunell is gonna have more suitors than griese did, however, so he's not going to be mr. cheap. personally, i hope the finz steer clear of trying to bring another f.a. in. i'd much rather them re-work jay's contract, and he can make way for a rook mid-way through the season, be it rivers or losman.

Why when you can get another guy in Brunell that can actually bomb it and get the line off Ricky.

I'd still say cut Jay and Greasy and bring in Brunell....just the thought of having anyone who can throw a decent deep ball wearing a 'fins jersey just makes me drool, lol.

Originally posted by steadfast
honestly id just as soon keep fiedler as a starter and beef up our o-line before id sign brunell......

So your supporting a Never been (Fiedler) over what you call a "has been" ( Brunell)

Brunell has had a consistent passer rating EVERY year he's played.

Brunell has had a positive TD to INT ratio EVERY year he's played

Brunell has shown consistency EVERY year he has played.

Neither Jay nor Brunell are great QB's however, Brunell has shown that he can be a CONSISTENT QB WITHOUT making huge and dumb mistakes to lose a game.

Jay on the other hand has shown lower passer ratings,, much worse TD to INT ratios and no consistency.

Keeping Jay is clearly not the answer.
Brunell may not be a probowler but he dosen't have to be. All we need is a consistent QB that can make a few big plays while not having a melt down. Brunell still has enough in the tank to do that IMO.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Brunell has been a great starting qb for 10 years or so...Jay is a career-backup who happened to find a team dumb enough to start him...Trust me I know, same thing happened with us and Robosack

A team dumb enough to start him..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the best analysis of our the Dolphin/Fiedler situation I've ever heard. Straight and to the point.

The truth hurts....... 4 years of stupidity!
This organization, with it's history, should have strived for more.

Back
Top Bottom