man am i the only one who thinks Brunell is a washed up has been | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

man am i the only one who thinks Brunell is a washed up has been

It is true that Ricky Williams is one of the best backs in the NFL, but it is also true that unless we get a QB who can open up our offense it is going to shorten Ricky Williams career.
Because Jay Fiedler has been so inconsistant, the opposing defense stacks the line for the run and its beating Ricky Williams to death.
You can lay part of the blame on the offensive line but behind the same offensive line Ricky Williams has still done his job and got his yards, whereas Jay Fiedler has not done his job and has not helped the offense.
We need a change, whether it be Brunnell, Rivers or Sage Rosenfels

Like someone else said here, just by Brunell being here it'll help our offence by the other team not being able to stack the LOS with 9 players anymore.I supported Jay from day one but I just don't see how we can win it all with him as the starter. Sorry but is the thruth.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by steadfast
honestly id just as soon keep fiedler as a starter and beef up our o-line before id sign brunell......

I believe he is washed up a little bit but I think he is better washed up or lost a step or two than Fiedler is healthy. He is still more accurate than Fiedler. The offense could have been desent if Fiedler could have been more accurate with the short and long passes.

accuracy wasn't the problem with the offense. griese has a good arm and outstanding accuracy, but w/o a line and a decent #2 wr, he couldn't survive. now if they get brunell along with some line help and another threat at wr, we might get somewhere, although the money may not be right enough to provide the needed help. if not, brunell would be running for his life just like fiedler and griese. accuracy and arm strength mean jack shiznit with 1.5 seconds to throw and cc and randy mac bracketed

Yes it was the problem. Fiedler has none. Griese does not have a strong arm. Not at all, his shoulder injuries robbed him of alot of it.

Brunell's arm and accuracy are better.

Originally posted by Phishstix
accuracy wasn't the problem with the offense. griese has a good arm and outstanding accuracy, but w/o a line and a decent #2 wr, he couldn't survive. now if they get brunell along with some line help and another threat at wr, we might get somewhere, although the money may not be right enough to provide the needed help. if not, brunell would be running for his life just like fiedler and griese. accuracy and arm strength mean jack shiznit with 1.5 seconds to throw and cc and randy mac bracketed

Inaccuracy, was a problem with Jay and mobility was his savior.

Accuracy, was an asset for BG, but lack of mobility was his down fall.

If we could morph them, we would have a Montana or Young type QB playing for us.:D

If we add Brunell, 2 O-linemen, and that #2 reciever that we need......we then vault to the top 10 in offense in the NFL......

A question:

What do you get when you merge a top 5 defense and a top 10 offense onto the same team?

Brunell is washed up, but he is still probably our best option. He hasn't done anything in years but of the QBs that are going to be free agents he is the best.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
I agree... I don't think Burnell has anything left in the tank. His final 2 games in 2003 were AWFUL. He's been injured on and off (that doesn't mean he's missed games, but it has hurt his play).

Not interested.

Give Jay some weapons, and i think he's gonna enough (Carolina anyone).

I don't know where to begin on this. You refer to Delhomme and say weapons? Are you saying that Chambers isn't as good as Steve Smith or Muhammad? Are you saying that Ricky Williams isn't as good as Stephen Davis? Are you saying that Randy McMichael isn't as good as Kris Mangum? Fiedler had weapons as good as, if not better than Jake Delhomme. If you said O-Line then you would have had a point.

As far as Brunell..you say his last 2 games were awful. Why, if I may ask, did you leave out the first game..against an excellent defense in Carolina? How convenient for you to skip that to make your point. Brunell was 23-27 for 272 yds with 2 TD's and 0 INT's. It took a last second TD from Delhomme to beat JAX.

Brunell in 3 games in 2003....65.9 comp % 3 TD's 0 INT's
Fiedler in 13 games in 2003..57.0 comp % 14 TD's 13 INT's

When will you Fiedler lovers learn that it's the TURNOVERS that are killing the Dolphins! In Brunell's last 18 games over the last 2 seasons he has thrown only 7 INT's. In Fiedler's last 18 games (to be fair) he has thrown 17 INT's. If Fiedler would stop throwing INT's, I would like him to stay...but he can't stop.

Heck, I'll go even further back to prove my point. In Fiedler's previous 18 games (just to be consistent) he threw 20 INT's. In Brunell's previous 18 games, he threw 14 INT's. Still better than Fiedler. Not as good as 2002/2003..but does that mean he's getting better with age?

Brunell could very well be the washed up loser you think he is, but the stats say otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Gladsadmad

I don't know where to begin on this. You refer to Delhomme and say weapons? Are you saying that Chambers isn't as good as Steve Smith or Muhammad? Are you saying that Ricky Williams isn't as good as Stephen Davis? Are you saying that Randy McMichael isn't as good as Kris Mangum? Fiedler had weapons as good as, if not better than Jake Delhomme. If you said O-Line then you would have had a point.

As far as Brunell..you say his last 2 games were awful. Why, if I may ask, did you leave out the first game..against an excellent defense in Carolina? How convenient for you to skip that to make your point. Brunell was 23-27 for 272 yds with 2 TD's and 0 INT's. It took a last second TD from Delhomme to beat JAX.

Brunell in 3 games in 2003....65.9 comp % 3 TD's 0 INT's
Fiedler in 13 games in 2003..57.0 comp % 14 TD's 13 INT's

When will you Fiedler lovers learn that it's the TURNOVERS that are killing the Dolphins! In Brunell's last 18 games over the last 2 seasons he has thrown only 7 INT's. In Fiedler's last 18 games (to be fair) he has thrown 17 INT's. If Fiedler would stop throwing INT's, I would like him to stay...but he can't stop.

Heck, I'll go even further back to prove my point. In Fiedler's previous 18 games (just to be consistent) he threw 20 INT's. In Brunell's previous 18 games, he threw 14 INT's. Still better than Fiedler. Not as good as 2002/2003..but does that mean he's getting better with age?

Brunell could very well be the washed up loser you think he is, but the stats say otherwise.

Gladsadmad...Although I'm not a Jay hater. I do respect his gamesmanship, i whole heartly agree with you.

I'll raise you one.:D If Jay could hit those critical 3rd down passes with some degree of accuracy, to keep the drive going without the receiver being tackled on the spot, it would have helped his cause.

Jay shoots a shotgun....not a rifle.

He has a good heart..that is true..he's also smart..Ivy league boy.It's not entirely his fault..he doesn't possess the god-given physical skills to be a star. If his heart and mind could be placed in Ryan Leaf's body..then you got something 'eh?

He gave it his best shot. He did an admirable job considering the shoes he had to fill. Good Luck Jay.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
He has a good heart..that is true..he's also smart..Ivy league boy.It's not entirely his fault..he doesn't possess the god-given physical skills to be a star. If his heart and mind could be placed in Ryan Leaf's body..then you got something 'eh?

He gave it his best shot. He did an admirable job considering the shoes he had to fill. Good Luck Jay.

You got it Bro!:D I said this in another post. "Think what might have been if we could have morphed JF and BG". Maybe another Steve Young or Montana.

Love ya Jay...see ya!

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Mark Brunell would make that a pretty sick offense.

and don't ever compare Mark Brunell to Jay Fiedler...Brunell has been a great starting qb for 10 years or so...Jay is a career-backup who happened to find a team dumb enough to start him...Trust me I know, same thing happened with us and Robosack

:evil:

Originally posted by FinFan84
Im sorry but it is a completely ignorant statement saying we should keep fiedler over Brunell. Making this type of comment shows total lack of football knowledge. Its an insult to the sport saying these 2 guys are even close. Im not saying Brunell is great, but if you dont think hes a clear upgrade, I have no idea what sport you have been watching.

In a nutshell, I feel the exact same way. I just don't understand how one can make such a statement that just seems so completely Blind to the game of football.

If you don't see Brunell as an upgrade, then you are probably in the bottom 5% of Miami fans and you should be ashamed of yourself. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom