Man Oh Man...Day of the Draft... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man Oh Man...Day of the Draft...

L.T.21 said:
Here's something similar to what you're talking about. Here's our draft day thread from last year...notice how we all didnt want Eli, and notice how we all acted when we got Eli, and then notice when we traded Eli! Simply Hillarious!

The pick of Eli (where fun begins is on 13-14 page) ; the trade around 30.

You want to talk about shouting NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

http://forum.uniontrib.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28408&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

:roflmao: That's some great stuff.

finz99 said:
My reaction on Draft Day:

Aaron Rodgers: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Alex Smith: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Braylon Edwards: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Mike Williams:YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Cedric Benson: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Carnell Williams: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Ronnie Brown: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Derrick Johnson: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Antrel Rolle: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.
Shawn Merrimen: YES! This kid looks like the real deal.

Basically, whoever we pick, I will support.

Maurice Clarett?

Hey I'm new to this but do you think saban will go after a "1st day" potential starter or go for backup?

I'll be sitting in the car driving back from South Carolina :shakeno:

I'll just be glad that we actually get someone finally after all this speculating and debating.

mulli13 said:
Hey I'm new to this but do you think saban will go after a "1st day" potential starter or go for backup?

He is gonna try to start everything we pick up.

I'll support whoever this team picks 'however' there are 2 'if's'

IF we can't trade out of the #2 spot and IF we do get a 2nd for Surtain I sure wouldn't mind seeing the following show up on draft day:

First round: RB: Ronnie Brown
Second Round: QB: Jason Campbell
Third Round: C: Chris Spencer (although I think he will go high 2nd..but you never know), Ben Wilkerson, David Baas or Jason Brown (2 of these boys at the least should be there)
Fourth: Safety or DT

Remaining picks: DT or safety (depending who we picked in the 4th) and some late round OL for Houck to work with.

DonShula84 said:
No matter who we pick at #2 Ill support the player once he is a fin.

Agreed. The kid (whoever it is), should be given a good cheer.

I'm just glad we dont have Wanny here to screw this draft up. He probably would have traded our #2 pick for a 6th and 7th next year, to the Pats or something.

I am confident in whoever Saban feels is the best man. I just hope we dont trade down for the simple fact I dont wanna sit there and wait any longer than we have to.

The only one that I wont be really excited by is Smith. I know some love him and that is fine and if we draft him, I would really hope to be wrong about him. I AM NOT AN "I AM RIGHT" guy. It does me no good to hope I was right about a guy we draft cause it is detrimental to teh team. Once the draft is over, I am a supporter of that player. If a player PROVES he cant cut it, then I hope we move in another direction, but all players need to have adeuate time in reasonable circumstance to prove themselves. Smith scares me because I dont want "just enough" arm strength, I want good arm strength and plenty of arm to make all the throws min. I also dont believe you take a 2 year project at #2, Alex Smith is a guy you draft for down teh road, I dont believe a #2 overall should be a 2+ yr project. JMO.

Anyway no matter who we draft, I will support and I will be very happy if it is an offensive skill player no matter what, since we should get a playmaker.

rickeyrunsover said:
The only one that I wont be really excited by is Smith. I know some love him and that is fine and if we draft him, I would really hope to be wrong about him. I AM NOT AN "I AM RIGHT" guy. It does me no good to hope I was right about a guy we draft cause it is detrimental to teh team. Once the draft is over, I am a supporter of that player. If a player PROVES he cant cut it, then I hope we move in another direction, but all players need to have adeuate time in reasonable circumstance to prove themselves. Smith scares me because I dont want "just enough" arm strength, I want good arm strength and plenty of arm to make all the throws min. I also dont believe you take a 2 year project at #2, Alex Smith is a guy you draft for down teh road, I dont believe a #2 overall should be a 2+ yr project. JMO.

Anyway no matter who we draft, I will support and I will be very happy if it is an offensive skill player no matter what, since we should get a playmaker.

Nothing to add here except that your sig is awesome. :)

phunwin said:
Nothing to add here except that your sig is awesome. :)

Thanks I like it. Skape did it for me, awesome job eh? :cooldude:

My roomates and I are taking a TV, a cooler full of beer, and our laptops out to our back deck and not leaving the grill. Beer, beer brats, burgers, and the draft...heavenly.

Back
Top Bottom