Man Spends Over $16,000 For Anti-Wanny Ad in Herald / Actual Ad | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man Spends Over $16,000 For Anti-Wanny Ad in Herald / Actual Ad

I think you need to take out a rebuttal ad. Good stuff. :up:

That was so long and repititous (from what everyone on the site has said before) I didn't even come close to finishing it. Geez, why doesn't the guy just pay Dave to yell at the players lol.

Phinstigator....THAT was beautiful. :biggrin:

I would also ask this question.....If you were a player on this team, would a fan like that inspire you to play harder? Would you bust your azz for him?? I wouldn't.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Phinstigator....THAT was beautiful. :biggrin:

I would also ask this question.....If you were a player on this team, would a fan like that inspire you to play harder? Would you bust your azz for him?? I wouldn't.
i hope some of the big name players like taylor, thomas or seau say this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and it was uncalled for. i'm sure there thinking that but it would be nice to put him in his place.

Originally posted by i2panzer
i hope some of the big name players like taylor, thomas or seau say this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and it was uncalled for. i'm sure there thinking that but it would be nice to put him in his place.

Nah....then he would have the satisfaction of actual interaction with the players, and since it is all about him anyway, he would like that.

Guy is an idiot. Pure and simple. I do gotta give him credit though, a high school dropout who is smart enough to be a fins fan and make some scratch too.

Originally posted by Muck

I don't have any problem with his freedom of speech either. Doesn't mean I respect him or his opinion. Especially when he's trying to force it down everyone's throat.

It wasnt even well written.

Re: My Response to Mr. Price....

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
Although Mr. Price's motives may be partially virtuous (he wants this team to succeed), the foundation of his recent full page AD is resting soundly on the fluffy bed of emotionalism. He should be applauded for his passion, but rebuked for his dissing of X's & O's...his objectivety should be questioned for his "never liking Wannstedt" and his announcing that this team "has no heart" should not go unchallenged....his desire to "shape the Dolphins Destiny the best I can" in a Dan Snyder-Jerry Jones kind of way ($$) should not go unmocked. "I'm a rich, high school dropout, former drug user, wannabe coach...listen to my wisdom!"

The tone of his discourse is quite dramatic. This guy has no problem getting in touch with his feminine side. Some of his arguments are downright dishonest: "Jay has no zip on his passes", "Chambers was 5 yards beyond the DB", "soon we'll be under 100 yards a game total offense". His satelite feed must be having problems over there on the west coast.

He clearly shows that he understands little of about the COMPLETE game of football. Most of his gripe falls on the QB position. Maybe he is a reflection of most fans that are looking for hero's. These romantics pretend that a team should be built around the Quarterback. It is not. They are confused and disillusioned.

News flash #1: This team is built around the defense. This defense gets the lionshare of the money. This defense is highly trained and highly motivated. This defense IS the heart and soul of the Miami Dolphin team...not the quarterback. Embrace it! Accept it! Love it!

News flash #2: This is a run first offense. RICKY WILLIAMS is the centerpiece, and rightfully so. Certainly the passing game needs to improve. Certainly it will. But Ricky Williams is the priority and lets not pretend otherwise. Opposing teams must always pay attention to Ricky. It would be suicide not to.

My advice to fans who love the Miami Dolphins is to not just get involved emotionally in following this team, but use your brain. Take the time to think about the best way to win a championship. Understand the limits of the salary cap. Understand how this team is designed and assembled. Understand that experience does matter. Understand that this team has a chance to be great if they play great defense and have success running the ball. Analyze this team game as a whole. Everyone must play there part in this orchestra of reaching the goal of building a championship team. Support this team even when they fall short. They will respond with an even greater effort.

I am disgusted by this 16.7 thousand dollar ad by Mr. Price. This public gripe comes at a critical time when this team needs fan support. Wannstedt was right when he suggested that some fans don't know what there talking about. The Price is not right.

This ad should be better seen for what it really is...Don't do drugs...it will fry your brain!
Great post from top to bottom. I agree 100% with your take on this team and how others should perceive it. Couldn't have been said better.

i don't even understand why this guy gets so much attention. And who says he is rich? As far as I care he could have gotten a second mortgage or sold his house and moved into a trailor.

Who really cares? Anybody flashing "some financial accomplishments" (if true) or "some education" or "some hard life stories" to make a point in a subject which is completly unrelated does not capture my "ahhhhh" and "ohhhhhhh" and "uuuuuuhhhhhhh".

I give a "penny" on what this guy has to say and I fell sorry for him that with all this money "he supposly" has, has to sit in Cali watching the Phins on DirecTV (if he can afford it after that ad).

Here is a suggestion Mr Price (I guess money doesn't buy knowledge or common sense ... as we have seen with Jessica Simpson): send Wayne a check for 2 mill...to donate to a Dolphins charity, put a business card in it and a note saying: "I'll be in town next week".

As they say....

A flight to south FL from Cali: $500
A ticket to the Dolphins: $50
A cab ride from and to the airport: $50
Seeing Mr Price make a horse *** out of himself: PRICEless

He seems to think his money makes his opinion more valuable. I didn't read much past that garbage he was spewing about how rich he is. Who really gives a f*** about how much he spent or has? As for his football knowledge, I don't really know, I got turned off by the whole "I'm rich, and what I say is the only truth" crap.

I think it's time to "out" the author.

Frenzy, your defense of this guy sounds more like justification to me.

Oh, and do you have a nice holiday home in Miami I can use on my next trip and maybe a car I can borrow for a week or two.

Ta!:D

Re: I think it's time to "out" the author.

Originally posted by GazPhin
Frenzy, your defense of this guy sounds more like justification to me.

Oh, and do you have a nice holiday home in Miami I can use on my next trip and maybe a car I can borrow for a week or two.

Ta!:D

Nah not really I am more or less saying let him do what he wants with his money I think people or more upset that he has that type of money to burn and that it didn't even make a dent in his bank account. Obviously we all feel what he's saying since we've all talked about what he stated here in the forums whether we agree or disagree.

I like reading all the replies on how he should have given the money to charity..when you don't know if he does or doesn't and I doubt the same individuals donate a lot of money to charity and if they do great but it doesn't make you a better person if use that to show others down that is your own perogative.

I was just looking at the point he has employees he pays, probably has a nice car, nice house, nice boat and takes financial care of his family so what's the big deal?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Ad makes interesting reading...

...the guys a rich fan but sports the ubiquitous ZT54 shirt in acqua which shows a certain lack of imagination. No offense to Zach, I have his shirt in white, but the acqua could be given to you as a birthday gift by an Aunt who thinks you're a Marlin's fan.

The arguments are entierly familiar here and are not regurgitated in a particularly well expressed manner. All-in-all I think he may well be responsible for Wanny's extension regardless of results this season purely on a wad comparison between H.Wayne and Mr Price.

On the issue of using the fee for charity though, as a rich man he may well be generous to charities aswell and it's really a private matter. If I go out and buy a Fins jersey (though I already have a few) with my spare cash, would you argue that it would be better spent on charity? That's between me, my bank manager and God.:lol:

Re: The Ad makes interesting reading...

...the guys a rich fan but sports the ubiquitous ZT54 shirt in acqua which shows a certain lack of imagination. No offense to Zach, I have his shirt in white, but the acqua could be given to you as a birthday gift by an Aunt who thinks you're a Marlin's fan.

Hey !!! I also own an aqua 54 jersey among others but I went and bought that jersey. That is your preference on your aunt.

The arguments are entierly familiar here and are not regurgitated in a particularly well expressed manner. All-in-all I think he may well be responsible for Wanny's extension regardless of results this season purely on a wad comparison between H.Wayne and Mr Price.

?????? I don't see that..but I doubt at all that anything we say here in the forums, the stands, the dinners, the paper...blah blah blah will hire or fire the HC that's up to him and Huzienga.

On the issue of using the fee for charity though, as a rich man he may well be generous to charities aswell and it's really a private matter. If I go out and buy a Fins jersey (though I already have a few) with my spare cash, would you argue that it would be better spent on charity? That's between me, my bank manager and God.:lol:

Exact a mundo !!!!!!!!

Geessh all this talking and its almost monday night...tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc :lol:

You think you got it bad waiting 'til tonight?

I have to wait until the early hours of Wednesday morning to see the game on delayed broadcast (but hey, it does cut out all the commercial breaks). I'll be checking the result when I wake though.

Back
Top Bottom