Manatee Wright | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manatee Wright

jason8er said:
There you go. Really guys, I have to laugh when people make a big deal about a big guy losing 30 lbs. I'm not a big guy at all, but some of my buds are. We're talking 6-4 / 6-5 300 lb+ guys. They fluccuate 20 lbs or more month to month not even doing anything. So when I hear about these linemen getting praised for working so hard to lose 20-30lbs, I just gotta chuckle and wonder if they were on a twinkie or maple syrup diet during all that training.
I have seen dudes on that show "The Biggest Loser" lose as much as 26 pounds in 1 week!!

If Manny Wright had the work ethic and desire of Zach Thomas, he'd report to camp at no more then 320 pounds and would be a beast in the NFL.

Wow he showed up 5 pounds over weight, and he is currently now 2 lbs over weight... I hear alot of smoke but there is no fire.

Even Saban said at the beginning of training camp that he had no problem with his weight when he showed up.

So I say give the kid a break... what you guys have never been 2 lbs over weight. LOL get real :)

Bpk said:
Addendum

By the way, I have been very happy to hear that he has re-committed himself recently. But to make it clear what my point is, he has no business telling the world that he worked hard this offseason and showed up in the best shape he could. He worked hard between mini-camp and training camp, because he got in trouble. That's the way a kid acts. They are motivated only because they've gotten in trouble for not doing what they should have.

B.

You know what? Perhaps you don't know the amount of willpower he had to exercise to turn down all of mama's cooking, maybe he only had three helpings instead of four. One mans ceiling, is another mans floor. Walk a mile in Manny Wrights shoes before you criticize him. I NEVER eat because I'm hungry. I eat...because I'm sceered of gettin hungry! Backbone and Rice, cornbread and biscuits, I'm hungury man, give me stringbeans. A shotgun blast and away I ran.:goof:

I do believe Manny has been working when others havent been around. I think the kid is going to be a monster this year. When they asked him to get going, he did. As time goes on, he will dedicate himself more and more. The trainer just needs to get ahold of his *** and get him to eat more fiber. Get rid of the greasy chicken. Problem solved.

themole said:
You know what? Perhaps you don't know the amount of willpower he had to exercise to turn down all of mama's cooking, maybe he only had three helpings instead of four. One mans ceiling, is another mans floor. Walk a mile in Manny Wrights shoes before you criticize him. I NEVER eat because I'm hungry. I eat...because I'm sceered of gettin hungry! Backbone and Rice, cornbread and biscuits, I'm hungury man, give me stringbeans. A shotgun blast and away I ran.:goof:
:lol: Who can say "no" to Mama? Not me , bro.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
you lose 30 pounds

For a guy that big , losing 30 pounds is like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic.

Everyone , relax. He's suppose to be a space eater.

Dude... Our starting nose tackle Keith Traylor, is the only NFL player who currently trains at Wendy's. You can't get on Manny Wright for eatin' his Mom's cookin'. If he didn't lose the extra weight and if he wasn't busting his butt to make the team, it would be different.

He is what... 22? I remember his flashes of brilliance last year. This guy is going to be a starter one day, and I think he'll be effective. Lighten up.

LtDan said:
I have seen dudes on that show "The Biggest Loser" lose as much as 26 pounds in 1 week!!

true... But currently I weigh 200, and if I weighed 180 then I would be golden. Thats 10% of your body weight, so if someone is 300... 30 pounds is still 10% of your weight. Thats significant.

OK, I just watched his presser on Miamidolphins.com.

Then, I looked on yahoo.com for a picture of when Nick made him cry last year at the beginning of training camp.

You can tell he is lighter in his face. Look at his cheeks and his neck. He is definitely in better shape now.

You guys have to remember, he's still 21/22 years old.

The best thing about this post "Manatee Wright" LOL

Wright feels good right now and it playing good right now, he worked out real hard 2 weeks before camp and came in in decent shape.

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
true... But currently I weigh 200, and if I weighed 180 then I would be golden. Thats 10% of your body weight, so if someone is 300... 30 pounds is still 10% of your weight. Thats significant.

I'm guessing big boy was a little north of 3 bills. To put it another way , 300 on the scale got whiplash watching the needle going by during mini's.

themole said:

That's hilarious. And you are right. I thoroughly recant all my criticism of Manny because I must admit that I now have a hankerin' on for some BBQ, pulled pork, maybe a slice of pecan pie. just a lil bit of mashed potatoes. And some more pie, maybe. Then a hamburger (with Uncle Joe's tillamook cheddar cheese on it and some bacon). Mmm. Hey. Is that meat loaf? Mmm MMMMM! Funny. This food is so good, I'm not even hungry anymore but I think I'll have some of those fried onions and bratwurst while I'm here (why not?). Delicious. Time for a nap.

B.

Back
Top Bottom