Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21

OK. Well what current analysts believes Tua will be a top 5-10 QB in future seasons? Where do you personally rank Tua in 2021?

I disagree on Allen. Over the past couple years so many rookies have played well right out of the gate (Watson/Lamar/Burrow/Herbert/Kyler/Baker) or had elite physical talent (Mahomes/Allen). People often point to Allen as the argument to not write off a rookie QB having a tough season, but I just don’t see them as comparable. Allen is a 6’5 240LB natural athlete with a cannon for an arm. He was inaccurate his first season with not much to throw to, but also ran for 600+ yards and 8 rushing TDs, and got better as the season progressed. He had a rough rookie campaign but you saw the raw potential if he could put it all together, which he did and then some this season.

I'm not sure what fans are dreaming on when it comes to Tua. I personally don't see it and haven't seen it his whole career at Alabama. Tua has always been a mediocre small framed athlete without arm talent propped up by a ridiculous wealth of talent. It's not surprising it's been exposed at the next level. Unsurprisingly, Mac Jones broke his college records.
Wait, you saw what in regards to Allen his rookie season?

You saw potential based on his rushing numbers while he was spraying the ball into the stands and leading the league by a wide margin in % of uncatchable passes two years in a row?

Is this a real post or satire?

It’s funny because people show him the analysts that believe Tua will be a top QB but he cherry picks reporters/media that align with his point of view, saying there opinions don’t matter. He’s been shown by multiple people in this thread. Why do you guys continue to feed the troll. That ignore button works damn good.

It’s funny because people show him the analysts that believe Tua will be a top QB but he cherry picks reporters/media that align with his point of view, saying there opinions don’t matter. He’s been shown by multiple people in this thread. Why do you guys continue to feed the troll. That ignore button works damn good.
You'll have to help me out on that. Where has anyone shown me ANY recent article where they believe Tua will be a top 5-10 QB some day?

On the Tua to Parker connection up above, you can hear a guy screaming "Yes Sir!!! Yes Sir!!!!". I recall a mic'd up session last season where it was pretty much 10 minutes straight of screaming "Yes Sir!!!" I had to look it up to remember who it was...Elandon Roberts is still at it apparently... 👍

I personally thought Allen was going to be great after his rookie year. He showed a lot of flashes and most of his problems were with mechanics that are easily fixed with hard work.
Tim Tebow showed great flashes his rookie year despite being unable to actually throw just like Allen.

Sweet.

Wait, you saw what in regards to Allen his rookie season?

You saw potential based on his rushing numbers while he was spraying the ball into the stands and leading the league by a wide margin in % of uncatchable passes two years in a row?

Is this a real post or satire?
Folks can see things that project positively even when things are mostly chaotic.

Folks can see things that project positively even when things are mostly chaotic.
He couldn't throw in college. He couldn't throw the first two years of his career. If you think that the first time he could throw in his life was his third year in the NFL which was conveniently when they got Diggs, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm on the other side of the fence. I don't buy that the Allen of last year is the real Allen.

My point exactly. If your a true fan, complain when they do bad but also cheer when they do good.
Nope wrong answer. According to the grand master (my wife who's not a sports fan) She says a true fan backs them up no matter how bad they do or how good of course. I keep telling her you don't know sports! She said you're just a fair weather fan.
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

He couldn't throw in college. He couldn't throw the first two years of his career. If you think that the first time he could throw in his life was his third year in the NFL which was conveniently when they got Diggs, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm on the other side of the fence. I don't buy that the Allen of last year is the real Allen.
But the tools were there. You can't say "he couldn't throw." He could throw extremely well. He has a cannon.

He has the strongest throwing arm EVER recorded in the combine:

He can run extremely well. He has the size and build. What he didn't have was the accuracy, but in terms of tools his ceiling was always very high.

But the tools were there. You can't say "he couldn't throw." He could throw extremely well. He has a cannon.

He has the strongest throwing arm EVER recorded in the combine:

He can run extremely well. He has the size and build. What he didn't have was the accuracy, but in terms of tools his ceiling was always very high.
JaMarcus Russell could throw the ball 70+ yards from his knees; having a strong arm means basically nothing without the accuracy to back it up.

People who talk about Allen need to take a hard look at his tape in 2020. His numbers statistically improved across the board, so it is easy to think that he the next “superstar” QB. However, when you watch his tape you see a guy who is still very inaccurate on the placement of his throws.

The addition of Diggs and solid pass-pro from his OL allowed Allen to slow the game down, go through his progressions, and find the open man. Brian Daboll did an excellent job building the offense into a system where Allen could make easy throws and limit his mistakes.

The reality is that the physical ability of a QB means literally nothing if the coaching staff doesn’t put him in a position to succeed.

As a side note, I lived in Buffalo for 6 years and still live in western New York. Until Allen started playing well in 2020, many of the most die-hard Bills fans I know widely viewed him as a potential bust. He had a 67.9 QB rating as a rookie, followed by a 85.3 rating as a sophomore. To put it in perspective, Tua had a 87.1 rating as a rookie.

OK. Well what current analysts believes Tua will be a top 5-10 QB in future seasons? Where do you personally rank Tua in 2021?

I disagree on Allen. Over the past couple years so many rookies have played well right out of the gate (Watson/Lamar/Burrow/Herbert/Kyler/Baker) or had elite physical talent (Mahomes/Allen). People often point to Allen as the argument to not write off a rookie QB having a tough season, but I just don’t see them as comparable. Allen is a 6’5 240LB natural athlete with a cannon for an arm. He was inaccurate his first season with not much to throw to, but also ran for 600+ yards and 8 rushing TDs, and got better as the season progressed. He had a rough rookie campaign but you saw the raw potential if he could put it all together, which he did and then some this season.

I'm not sure what fans are dreaming on when it comes to Tua. I personally don't see it and haven't seen it his whole career at Alabama. Tua has always been a mediocre small framed athlete without arm talent propped up by a ridiculous wealth of talent. It's not surprising it's been exposed at the next level. Unsurprisingly, Mac Jones broke his college records.
I’d rank him in the back end of the middle of the pack, for now, with potential to move way up. Because of all the factors. But jumping to the end of your post, if you haven’t seen it since his college days, you’ll never like him as a prospect I feel. Nothing wrong with a guy who has an adequate arm, adequate arm, lightning quick release and knows the game of football extremely well. Last year he was a rookie taking rookie lumps, while still in the rehab phase. I expect a big jump in year 2, if not I’ll eat some crow.

you’re right josh Allen is a different guy, physically, way more of a specimen. But to act like you, or everyone saw a season like last year coming from him is clown shoes. Dude started off not being able to hit the broad side of a barn

Also to say all those guys had good rookie seasons is fair, but to say Tua’s was BAD, is where the problem is. For example

in 9 games joe burrow threw for ~2700 yards, 13 TDs and 5 ints.

Tua - ~1800 yards, 11 TDs and 5 ints. With 3 of those coming in that abomination of a game against the bills.

Are those really THAT different to you? You also have to consider Tua was playing the game manager role the team wanted, and was in position for a lot. Burrow was out there throwing to try to come back and weasel out some wins. So many factors go consider

No offense Bro….But who gives a flying **** where Tua is rated by some magazine written by hacks who never even played JV sports? I sure as hell put no credence in any of those clowns. Which one of those magazines had Josh Allen in their top 10 going into 2019? Spoiler Alert: Zero.

You have every right to be critical of Tua. I don’t take offense to it. But be consistent at least. He threw 6 TD’s today….. I didn’t see you comment on that.

Because when you dont like somebody, you have tunnel vision, only finding the negatives in that person even if they see there are positives. Its like nothing would change their minds.

LMAO ppl are criticizing Tua @ practice without pads and in June. Smh , finheaven members please stop it , criticize Tua when the season begins not now.

Back
Top Bottom