Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21 | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21

I am sure many experts here predicted tannehill would be a top 10 qb after he was traded. Predict Tua will improve and pbins make playoffs in 21. He will win more games than Hebert and burrow in 21. It shall be written and shall be done. Tua is a winner! TuA is accurate. Tua anticipates. TuA is athletic. Tua handles pressure and plays well when blitz. He will know plywood this year. He will make waddle oroy

I’d rank him in the back end of the middle of the pack, for now, with potential to move way up. Because of all the factors. But jumping to the end of your post, if you haven’t seen it since his college days, you’ll never like him as a prospect I feel. Nothing wrong with a guy who has an adequate arm, adequate arm, lightning quick release and knows the game of football extremely well. Last year he was a rookie taking rookie lumps, while still in the rehab phase. I expect a big jump in year 2, if not I’ll eat some crow.

you’re right josh Allen is a different guy, physically, way more of a specimen. But to act like you, or everyone saw a season like last year coming from him is clown shoes. Dude started off not being able to hit the broad side of a barn

Also to say all those guys had good rookie seasons is fair, but to say Tua’s was BAD, is where the problem is. For example

in 9 games joe burrow threw for ~2700 yards, 13 TDs and 5 ints.

Tua - ~1800 yards, 11 TDs and 5 ints. With 3 of those coming in that abomination of a game against the bills.

Are those really THAT different to you? You also have to consider Tua was playing the game manager role the team wanted, and was in position for a lot. Burrow was out there throwing to try to come back and weasel out some wins. So many factors go consider

Dont hold your breath for a reply.

I’d rank him in the back end of the middle of the pack, for now, with potential to move way up. Because of all the factors. But jumping to the end of your post, if you haven’t seen it since his college days, you’ll never like him as a prospect I feel. Nothing wrong with a guy who has an adequate arm, adequate arm, lightning quick release and knows the game of football extremely well. Last year he was a rookie taking rookie lumps, while still in the rehab phase. I expect a big jump in year 2, if not I’ll eat some crow.

you’re right josh Allen is a different guy, physically, way more of a specimen. But to act like you, or everyone saw a season like last year coming from him is clown shoes. Dude started off not being able to hit the broad side of a barn

Also to say all those guys had good rookie seasons is fair, but to say Tua’s was BAD, is where the problem is. For example

in 9 games joe burrow threw for ~2700 yards, 13 TDs and 5 ints.

Tua - ~1800 yards, 11 TDs and 5 ints. With 3 of those coming in that abomination of a game against the bills.

Are those really THAT different to you? You also have to consider Tua was playing the game manager role the team wanted, and was in position for a lot. Burrow was out there throwing to try to come back and weasel out some wins. So many factors go consider
This is an interesting perspective.

The bit that is intriguing to me is the comparison to Burrow. 900 more yards than Tua over the same number of games could be a huge factor. That means Burrow threw 100 yards per game more than Tua did. That translates to more 1st downs, less time that your defense is on the field and most importantly less time that the opposing team's offense is on the field. If their offense is not on the field they are not scoring points.

I agree there are a ton of factors to consider when doing such comparisons, to me that many more yards per game is more likely than not to be a very big difference to a well balanced team. If Tua had thrown 900 more yards during his 9 games you would have a difficult time convincing me that we wouldn't have made the playoffs last year...

This is an interesting perspective.

The bit that is intriguing to me is the comparison to Burrow. 900 more yards than Tua over the same number of games could be a huge factor. That means Burrow threw 100 yards per game more than Tua did. That translates to more 1st downs, less time that your defense is on the field and most importantly less time that the opposing team's offense is on the field. If their offense is not on the field they are not scoring points.

I agree there are a ton of factors to consider when doing such comparisons, to me that many more yards per game is more likely than not to be a very big difference to a well balanced team. If Tua had thrown 900 more yards during his 9 games you would have a difficult time convincing me that we wouldn't have made the playoffs last year...
Did you miss the part where Tua was playing the game manager role, and the Bengals were letting Burrow air it out? (And still losing)

If Tua had the same amount of passes thrown (JB had about 100 more I believe) their numbers would be very similar

Did you miss the part where Tua was playing the game manager role, and the Bengals were letting Burrow air it out? (And still losing)

If Tua had the same amount of passes thrown (JB had about 100 more I believe) their numbers would be very similar
No I didn't miss that part at all.

My point remains valid for all the reasons I listed. If Tua had 900 more yards last year (imagine just 100 yards per game more) it's more than probable that he would not have been benched twice and we would have made the playoffs. You disagree?

No offense Bro….But who gives a flying **** where Tua is rated by some magazine written by hacks who never even played JV sports? I sure as hell put no credence in any of those clowns. Which one of those magazines had Josh Allen in their top 10 going into 2019? Spoiler Alert: Zero.

You have every right to be critical of Tua. I don’t take offense to it. But be consistent at least. He threw 6 TD’s today….. I didn’t see you comment on that.
Agreed. Aren’t these the same people that predict whoever won the Super Bowl last year to be league champs this season? Every year? We’re not exactly talking in depth analysis here.

My point remains valid for all the reasons I listed. If Tua had 900 more yards last year (imagine just 100 yards per game more) it's more than probable that he would not have been benched twice and we would have made the playoffs. You disagree?
if you didn’t miss that part then you’re just disregarding it

You throw more passes, you get more yards. Their ypa isn’t far off

But to appease your scenario, yea we all would love it if he threw for 900 yards on the same amount of attempts. That would be great

You also get more INTs. Tua's play calling was extremely conservative but had the same amount of INTs and Burrow had 900 more yards. In terms of interception %, Tua had about 30% higher rate than Burrow, and that's WITH conservative play calling. That's not insignificant.

Tua also had 3 more dropped INTs than Burrow:

When they let Tua "air it out," he had 3 INTs in the Buffalo game as you noted . The conservative play Gailey instituted for Tua was likely for good reason.

Last edited:

I am not disregarding that bit at all. Tua threw UNDER 100 yards per game in 33% of the games he played in( LA,LV,DEN), thats not even game manager stats. You take away the garbage yards at Buffalo and his YPA plummets.

You add 100 more yards per game to Tua's 9 games and we win the Denver game. One more touchdown we beat KC. We win those games and we are in the playoffs. You throw 100 more yards per game and your defense is not on the field while you're gaining another 100 yards, the other team is not on the field scoring points either.

Doesn't look like we'll agree so I'll leave it at this, 100 yards more per game last year and we would have made the playoffs. It's pretty difficult to argue otherwise. That's why I don't agree with you when you asked "Are those really THAT different to you". Yes, yes they are that different, season altering different in my opinion...

I am not disregarding that bit at all. Tua threw UNDER 100 yards per game in 33% of the games he played in( LA,LV,DEN), thats not even game manager stats. You take away the garbage yards at Buffalo and his YPA plummets.

You add 100 more yards per game to Tua's 9 games and we win the Denver game. One more touchdown we beat KC. We win those games and we are in the playoffs. You throw 100 more yards per game and your defense is not on the field while you're gaining another 100 yards, the other team is not on the field scoring points either.

Doesn't look like we'll agree so I'll leave it at this, 100 yards more per game last year and we would have made the playoffs. It's pretty difficult to argue otherwise. That's why I don't agree with you when you asked "Are those really THAT different to you". Yes, yes they are that different, season altering different in my opinion...
Well for all those yards joe burrow threw, he led them to a 2-7 record

we were in position to win games and didn’t need to chuck the ball all over the field. This doesn’t seem like a hard concept

but sure, I will agree, 100 more yards per game would’ve been nice to see. But ultimately doesn’t mean much

You also get more INTs. Tua's play calling was extremely conservative but had the same amount of INTs and Burrow had 900 more yards. In terms of interception %, Tua had about 30% higher rate than Burrow, and that's WITH conservative play calling. That's not insignificant.

Tua also had 3 more dropped INTs than Burrow:

When they let Tua "air it out," he had 3 INTs in the Buffalo game as you noted . The conservative play Gailey instituted for Tua was likely for good reason.
That Buffalo game nothing went right for the whole team. How many other 3 int games did he have?

I mean are you guys seriously this obsessed with ****ing on the kid? I’m done with this thread

hopefully day 3 is another good one of minicamp

That Buffalo game nothing went right for the whole team. How many other 3 int games did he have?

I mean are you guys seriously this obsessed with ****ing on the kid? I’m done with this thread

hopefully day 3 is another good one of minicamp
Have to disagreed. In quarter and a half, our defense shut them down. Allen was frustrated. However offense did nothing. Three and out after three and out. Then deffense gased out and pretty much gave up.
People only looked at the final score and pointed the problem to the defense. They missed the context.

Back
Top Bottom