Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21

Big problem with the data set in that article.

They show Tua had no tipped interceptions, yet his very first pick bounced out of the receivers hands...

"Bounced out of the receivers hands"

Not at all. The ball was underthrown which allowed the defender to catch up and knock the ball out of his hands.

If you see the screenshots below and watch video (5:06), the defenders hand got there early. That was PI.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.47.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.46.50 AM.png

Last edited:
Yea Mark I understand what you are saying but if you add 100 yards passing do you also take away 100 yards running from those games ?

Our D was playing very good so why air it out and would that really have lead to more wins ?

Who knows

It wasn't often Miami had 100 yds rushing in a game (cynicism). My focus is on TT's passes. There were a number of times I could see a WR open and either TT checked down to a 'safer' target or had no time for progressions. In those cases, a possible 12-15 yds turned into 4 or none. Those are the 'extra' yards I wanted.

To be fair, I don't blame that all on TT. Often he had no targets who could get separation or, as I said, didn't have enough time. And at times he showed the rookie (confusion/hesitancy) that limited his play. SHOCK!!

I'm not down on TT. where fans of other teams can say 'our QB made a great pass on THAT play,' Fin fans can say TT looked good for an entire game or half. Those strings of plays are far better than 'flashes' from other rookies. Not to beat a dead horse, but that's why I'm encouraged by Flo letting TT be aggressive. Let him learn 'NFL open.' Let him get confident. Let him see the speed of the NFL. A 2nd yr TT should be able to get that extra 100 yds

But the tools were there. You can't say "he couldn't throw." He could throw extremely well. He has a cannon.

He has the strongest throwing arm EVER recorded in the combine:

He can run extremely well. He has the size and build. What he didn't have was the accuracy, but in terms of tools his ceiling was always very high.
Another strawman. Throwing hard doesn't mean you can play QB, just like it doesn't mean you can be a MLB pitcher throwing 104mph balls into the dirt.

Accuracy is a thing, and it's more highly regarded than arm strength iN aLl ThE lIsTs OnLiNe. Josh Allen has always been inaccurate and one year with Diggs isn't going to change my mind and certainly doesn't mean that the "tools were there" because that particularly important tool absolutely wasn't.

Not at all. The ball was underthrown which allowed the defender to catch up and knock the ball out of his hands.

If you see the screenshots below and watch video (5:06), the defenders hand got there early. That was PI.

View attachment 78981View attachment 78982

Hi, have you met Jakeem "I will try and basket catch every single ball thrown to me ever" Grant?

If he was a real receiver his hands extend and he catches it easy peasy, but Tua didn't really get to play with many real receivers his rookie season.

Another strawman. Throwing hard doesn't mean you can play QB, just like it doesn't mean you can be a MLB pitcher throwing 104mph balls into the dirt.

Accuracy is a thing, and it's more highly regarded than arm strength iN aLl ThE lIsTs OnLiNe. Josh Allen has always been inaccurate and one year with Diggs isn't going to change my mind and certainly doesn't mean that the "tools were there" because that particularly important tool absolutely wasn't.
I never said throwing hard guarantees success. Talk about creating strawmans...

However, having high end tools like build, height, running ability, arm strength ect are completely relevant when looking at the upside of a QB. That's what Allen always had. High upside due to his tools.

Big problem with the data set in that article.

They show Tua had no tipped interceptions, yet his very first pick bounced out of the receivers hands...

The second pick in the bills game was off a tip as well.

Seems they are selectively interpreting their own data.

No tipped interceptions? Dumb article then. The most blatant one that comes to mind is the Bowden one as well against the Bills. It was egregious.

As for this dumb argument, Mahomes set the NFL record last year with like 16 or 18 dropped interceptions. I guess he's just lucky and isn't good now. I see more people bring up Tua's good luck with dropped interceptions than they do with his bad luck with receivers who couldn't get YAC if their lives depended on it, bad running game, and bottom 5 Oline.

Weird.

From listening to Dougie, td phins talk and Locked On, the name Strowbridge came up again and again. Seems like he was doing well the last couple days.
You guys hear anything?

You also get more INTs. Tua's play calling was extremely conservative but had the same amount of INTs and Burrow had 900 more yards. In terms of interception %, Tua had about 30% higher rate than Burrow, and that's WITH conservative play calling. That's not insignificant.

Tua also had 3 more dropped INTs than Burrow:

When they let Tua "air it out," he had 3 INTs in the Buffalo game as you noted . The conservative play Gailey instituted for Tua was likely for good reason.
These "STATS" that you are throwing around because you want to show everyone how much Tua sucks are wrong. Go dig a little deeper to find some other article that you want us to see. 🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆🤣

Thanks for playing come back later and try again.

These "STATS" that you are throwing around because you want to show everyone how much Tua sucks are wrong. Go dig a little deeper to find some other article that you want us to see. 🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆🤣

Thanks for playing come back later and try again.
This is you with all those emojis:

tenor (7).gif

Seems they are selectively interpreting their own data.
You mean like many with the anti -Tua agendas? Imagine that?

In all seriousness it is pretty when a quarterback throws for a bunch of yards...and win. If not, it serves little meaning other than you slung the ball around. Just too many factors to consider.

You mean like many with the anti -Tua agendas? Imagine that?

In all seriousness it is pretty when a quarterback throws for a bunch of yards...and win. If not, it serves little meaning other than you slung the ball around. Just too many factors to consider.
There is no anti tua agendas.
Only fact base dolphins fans and
projection base tua fans.

View attachment 78981View attachment 78982

Absolutely nowhere on that site do they factor in whether the ball was underthrown. Read the article.

Did the ball hit him in the hands before the defender picked it off?

That's it.

You're trying too hard man. Let it go.

Back
Top Bottom