Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21 | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21

I honestly think he is not a Dolphins fan. I am not saying that as a joke. I really think that he is trolling us. And doing a good job of it with all of these ridiculous stats.
His post said nothing about floor or ceiling. He showed you stats that shows Tua had a piss poor rookie season. And i am not saying it as a joke either.
He will improve, no doubt, how can you not when you rank in bottom few.

Another stat, similar story. Tua ranked 30th out of 31 QBs (2nd worst) in interceptable pass rate:

You really need to ask yourself why some A.H. rolls in here a few months ago and has little interest in the myriad of Fincentric topics not involving Tua. Why would someone we don't know nor care about devote almost the entirety of his posts to trying to dim actual fans' optimism about our QB?....and the few non-related to Tua threads where his posts were mostly negative.?

I'm beseaching the "mods" after observing his threads and deducing his reason to show up here, if he doesn't start contributing to the majority of other threads in a dolphin fans manner, to kick him to the curb!

1623970425384.png

Are you under the mindset that Tua's rookie season is his ceiling and that is going to be his level of play for the rest of his career?

Seriously, what are you trying to prove?
I'm not really trying to prove anything. Just showing data of Tua's poor season and responding to posters.

I'm of the mindset Tua will never be a top 5-10 QB because he doesn't have the toolset necessary.

I honestly think he is not a Dolphins fan. I am not saying that as a joke. I really think that he is trolling us. And doing a good job of it with all of these ridiculous stats.

Still waiting for you to respond to this post:
Oh word? How about you donate $100 to the forum if I send you a picture of my Tua shirt w/ a piece of paper with your name on it? How's that sound bud? You that confident in your shi* slinging or you gonna slink away?
...Unsurprisingly, you are awfully quiet on that.

No need for personal attacks because you don't agree with the point. What I'm saying is we (the public) do not know Grier/Flores/Marino's/whoever's actual thoughts or projections on Tua. What they tell the media and what they actually believe can be two TOTALLY different things. If they bad mouth Tua all they do is hurt the club and hurt trade value.

If you don't like the 2021 projections, then please provide other analysis that thinks Tua will be a top 5-10 QB in future seasons.

I just don't understand how you can think Flores & Grier don't believe in Tua. Do you really think if they didn't, they would pass on the opportunity to select Trey Lance or Justin Fields at #3? Realistically, the chance that the fins end up that high in the draft any time soon is slim so this would have been their opportunity. QB is the most important position in football, and you better believe both Flores and Grier know that whoever they go with at QB will play a part in how their future careers turn out. They decided to lock it in with Tua and went and grabbed Will Fuller and Jaylen Waddle to surround him with playmakers and both players play to Tua's strengths.

If Tua fails, this sets the team back huge regardless of the rest of the roster and I am sure Flores & Grier know that.

Also, NFL projections for 2021 or even five years from now are always completed with recency bias. You think Josh Allen would have been on any lists at the beginning of last year? What about Lamar Jackson the year before that?

What if Tua kills it this year and Herbert hits a sophomore slump? What's the top 10 list look like going into next year then?

I'm not really trying to prove anything. Just showing data of Tua's poor season and responding to posters.

I'm of the mindset Tua will never be a top 5-10 QB because he doesn't have the toolset necessary.
I guess Watson doesn't have the toolset to be a top 5-10 QB either.

Unfortunate.

I just don't understand how you can think Flores & Grier don't believe in Tua. Do you really think if they didn't, they would pass on the opportunity to select Trey Lance or Justin Fields at #3? Realistically, the chance that the fins end up that high in the draft any time soon is slim so this would have been their opportunity. QB is the most important position in football, and you better believe both Flores and Grier know that whoever they go with at QB will play a part in how their future careers turn out. They decided to lock it in with Tua and went and grabbed Will Fuller and Jaylen Waddle to surround him with playmakers and both players play to Tua's strengths.

If Tua fails, this sets the team back huge regardless of the rest of the roster and I am sure Flores & Grier know that.

Also, NFL projections for 2021 or even five years from now are always completed with recency bias. You think Josh Allen would have been on any lists at the beginning of last year? What about Lamar Jackson the year before that?

What if Tua kills it this year and Herbert hits a sophomore slump? What's the top 10 list look like going into next year then?
It's rather simple. They didn't love Lance or Fields enough to sacrifice the greater package.

I'm clearly no Tua fan, however I prefer the package of Tua + Waddle + Future 1st rounder + 2022 3rd rounder over Lance/Fields + Tua return moving forward.

They can have a look at Tua this year and have enough capital to move on next year if it doesn't pan out. It makes sense to me.

So you have a fixed mindset which was blatantly obvious before I even asked.

Clearly you are going beyond just showing data Tua had a poor rookie season and trying to prove your case Tua is not good enough, ever.

Senseless cause at this point given the context. But fixed mindsets aren’t open to changing, they just look for ways to “prove” themselves right.

Good luck on that.

Last edited:
So you have a fixed mindset which was blatantly obvious.

Clearly you are going beyond just showing data Tua had a poor rookie season and trying to prove your case Tua is not good enough, ever.

Senseless cause at this point given the context. But fixed mindsets aren’t open to changing, just looking for ways to “prove” their case.

Good luck on that.
Not really. Those are separate things. I'm not looking to prove Tua won't become a top 5-10 QB. No one can prove that.

I'm just providing supporting evidence of my future prediction he won't. If you disagree, that's fine, I respect your opinion.

Not really. Those are separate things. I'm not looking to prove Tua won't become a top 5-10 QB. No one can prove that.

I'm just providing supporting evidence of my future prediction he won't. If you disagree, that's fine, I respect your opinion.
You aren’t looking to prove Tua won’t be a top 5-10 QB, you are just providing evidence that your prediction he won’t be a top 5-10 QB will be true. And those are two separate things.

I think I got it now. It makes total sense if I don’t think about it.

In past years, when the press would write these puff pieces on how well this or that guy was doing in camp, I never believed them. Writing those pieces was their job and usually, the season would roll around and these pre-season wonders would disappear completely, but this year... I am starting to believe.
We have the best coaching that we've had since Shula, we have a GM who has provided us with LOTS of depth, and we are young everywhere, but with enough veterans to right the ship if things go wrong.
THIS looks like a fun season coming.

Back
Top Bottom