Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21

So just to recap...

When Tua plays poorly in practice, it means nothing.

When Tua plays well in practice, it means everything.

....just want to understand the rules.
Dude. National media picked up on the bad practice and you'd have thought it was the end of an Era. I'm not too high or low on practice. You could also use the following :

When Tua plays poorly in practice, it means he sucks to the haters.

When Tua plays well in practice, it means he may be a good QB to level headed people.

Super sweet to see Tua bounce back today! May his success continue, and most importantly may his confidence expand immensely because it absolutely must if he's going to have success in this league. I love the approach that the coaches are taking by letting him go out there and rip it and I hope to see this continue all throughout the preseason. That conservative ball was bloody annoying to watch last season! He's go to break those conservative habits and overcome these mental hurdles Asap! I'm sure last year was traumatizing for him so I'm giving him some time to release that. So I'm not too concerned with him struggling out the gate.

Hopefully he finds his groove soon and we see the improvement that HE expects of himself because he was certainly not satisfied with his play last year. Many of us weren't. Well thankfully he's had a full off season to rehab and get his body back to where it needs to be. Time for Tua to own this opportunity!

~Also I find it very difficult to believe that there are fans are actually rooting against him. Of course we all want to see him find success and be what this franchise has been soOoo desperately needing.
I don't know that anybody's really rooting "against" him...they just don't believe he's better than last year's snapshot, and in many cases its partially due to Herbert's numbers (the coulda woulda shoulda crowd).

At least, I hope they're not truly rooting against him, just so they can be proven "right" on an internet forum...that would be fairly pathetic.

Dude. National media picked up on the bad practice and you'd have thought it was the end of an Era. I'm not too high or low on practice. You could also use the following :

When Tua plays poorly in practice, it means he sucks to the haters.

When Tua plays well in practice, it means he may be a good QB to level headed people.

Meh. The mob is fickle brother. There was plenty of hype and love in the media for Tua before he started playing, even after the first couple games. Now, it's gone the other way.

It's on Tua to shift that dynamic again.

You guys know I'm not the biggest tua fan, I've called out his size, injuries etc...But you have to cheer for the kid, not just because he's a fin, but because he has heart, class and a work ethic second to none, kind of like Drew Brees, man that guy worked his ass off his entire career. His team mates love him too, I can only hope he continues to improve. GO TUA!

You seem confused. The Dolphins have already made their assessment and are sticking with Tua.

Or are you saying that you hope the Dolphins change their minds and follow your quick assessment?

The assessment is ongoing, as is every player assessment. Just ask Cam Wake, Kyle Van Noy, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Shaq Lawson, Ereck Flowers, etc., etc., etc. ... That's just how life in the NFL is.

Where's your link? I know Trent Dilfer, Dan Orlovsky, Dan Marino, Chris Grier and Brian Flores, just to name a few, all have confidence in him. Who do you have? He was a consensus early first round draft pick for a reason. He was a great high school QB, a great college QB, and a great pro prospect. Who are the big names who don't believe in him? Colin Cowherd and Chris Simms? I sure don't give your opinion much credence. You have proved to everyone on here you don't know much.

So I'm reminded of an interview (I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere) in which he recalls his rookie season and the coaches telling him to get rid of the damned ball and Peyton saying "but nobody was open" and the coaches continually telling him ... "this is the NFL, that IS open." It took Peyton a year to get used to the speed and tiny windows into which he was required to throw. He had to rifle the ball into such tiny spots and he simply was not confident of it at first. But after enough repetitions, he just learned to trust his eyes and arm and sling the rock in there until he started nailing those windows.

I think Tua is in that same place now, having learned last year just how small those windows are and having adjusted to the speed of play ... but in his pandemic-shortened pre-season and rehabbing season, he never really cut it loose and never really gained confidence in doing that. So, this pre-season will be all about pushing outside of his comfort zone and learning to nail those windows in time and rhythm and when it works, he looks like today. When he's a tad off or doubting himself, it'll look like yesterday. It's not a steady progression, so brace yourself ... these rains aren't the only storms he'll have to push through, and much tougher times are coming. But today shows that the groundwork is being laid, and that Tua can do it if he keeps working at it.

Kudos to Coach Flo and our new Co-Coordinators for pushing Tua to meet the demands of this new playbook designed around what we all believe Tua can do and do well. Sure seems that new QB Coach is working out too ... but it's too early to really know yet, so I'll just say it looks promising.

Where's your link? I know Trent Dilfer, Dan Orlovsky, Dan Marino, Chris Grier and Brian Flores, just to name a few, all have confidence in him. Who do you have? He was a consensus early first round draft pick for a reason. He was a great high school QB, a great college QB, and a great pro prospect. Who are the big names who don't believe in him? Colin Cowherd and Chris Simms? I sure don't give your opinion much credence. You have proved to everyone on here you don't know much.
Colin Cowherd and Chris Simms are trash but Dan Orlovsky and Trent Dillfer are geniuses? Wasn't Orlovsky a massive fan of Sam Darnold? They have confidence in him to become a top 5-10 QB? Obviously you need to exclude the Dolphins organization in their comments. Even if they don't like Tua, they aren't going to make those comments public. The only thing the organization has shown is they prefer the package of Tua, Waddle, Phillips, future 1st + more than Trey Lance, Tua return, Phillips, which is understandable.

Every major publication, PFF, ESPN, CBS, SI, NBC doesn't have Tua in their top 10 projected QBs in 2021. Let me know if you want the links.

So just to recap...

When Tua plays poorly in practice, it means nothing.

When Tua plays well in practice, it means everything.

....just want to understand the rules.
Ok, I'll give it a shot.

There are two sides, and both sides want to be right about him...

Most people who seem to love it when Tua struggles want to be right about him...He's a bust, too short, injury prone, another Bama bust, we should've drafted Herbert, blah blah blah.

Most people who trust the process want to be right too, he was recovering from a horrific hip injury, rehabbing in an abbreviated off-season, and thrusted into the season at 60% by the powers that be.

My point about the people who trust the process, they can see Tua has undeniable talent, and knows it will come to fruition when he's given the opportunity to fully recover and have a REAL offseason.

Back
Top Bottom