Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mandatory Minicamp 06/16/21

That’s a little unfair Delvin. What everyone is pointing out is that as soon as Tua has a bad practice, certain guys on this site jump on it. ‘The sky is falling”. Or “We need to trade for Watson or Rodgers” etc….. Then when he has a good practice (like today), those guys are silent.

I’ll repeat my words from yesterday and apply them to today….He threw 5 TD’s today? It doesn’t matter….It’s a ****ing OTA practice.

To sum it up from me…..If you rip Tua for throwing pick in an OTA….You should come back and give him props when he has a good practice. Don’t be a hypocrite.

I can only state my own opinion on the matter. I want Deshaun or Rodgers both before the bad practice and after the good one. Neither of these things move my opinion.

Tua is going to be the QB outside of a very unlikely trade this pre-season. He'll have all the time he needs. However, I just hope the Dolphins make as quick of an assessment on Tua as they've made for all the other players they've cut in recent months. I can't mentally stomach watching anymore mediocre QB for the next few years.

I can only state my own opinion on the matter. I want Deshaun or Rodgers both before the bad practice and after the good one. Neither of these things move my opinion.

Tua is going to be the QB outside of a very unlikely trade this pre-season. He'll have all the time he needs. However, I just hope the Dolphins make as quick of an assessment on Tua as they've made for all the other players they've cut in recent months. I can't mentally stomach watching anymore mediocre QB for the next few years.
Why would you make as quick of an assessment on a 2nd year 1st round QB as you would on a 6 year vet LB/CB/WR or a UDFA depth signing? It's by far the most difficult position to learn.

Root for the team, not players on other teams.

I just hope the Dolphins make as quick of an assessment on Tua as they've made for all the other players they've cut in recent months. I can't mentally stomach watching anymore mediocre QB for the next few years.
You seem confused. The Dolphins have already made their assessment and are sticking with Tua.

Or are you saying that you hope the Dolphins change their minds and follow your quick assessment?

Last edited:

I wasn’t referring to you…Just making a general statement. We really don’t know what we have in Tua yet. Is he Steve Young? We don’t know. Is he Ryan Leaf? We don’t know. In my opinion…We gotta give him a full season and see.

It might end up you were right all along…..Then you can come back on here and tell me “I told you so”.

That’s a little unfair Delvin. What everyone is pointing out is that as soon as Tua has a bad practice, certain guys on this site jump on it. ‘The sky is falling”. Or “We need to trade for Watson or Rodgers” etc….. Then when he has a good practice (like today), those guys are silent.

I’ll repeat my words from yesterday and apply them to today….He threw 5 TD’s today? It doesn’t matter….It’s a ****ing OTA practice.

To sum it up from me…..If you rip Tua for throwing a pick in an OTA….You should come back and give him props when he has a good practice. Don’t be a hypocrite.
so much this.

it's sad, really.

very quick to digest 5 practice ints., yet no interest in enjoying and commenting on long TDs to J. Waddle (or anything else positive QB1 does).

unfortunate.

I wasn’t referring to you…Just making a general statement. We really don’t know what we have in Tua yet. Is he Steve Young? We don’t know. Is he Ryan Leaf? We don’t know. In my opinion…We gotta give him a full season and see.

It might end up you were right all along…..Then you can come back on here and tell me “I told you so”.

so much this.

it's sad, really.

very quick to digest 5 practice ints., yet no interest in enjoying and commenting on long TDs to J. Waddle (or anything else positive QB1 does).

unfortunate.
iC-y9N.gif

Can you explain on the relatively small sample size we have seen on Tua how you can make a decision that he can not be our quarterback of the future ? I'll even play devil's advocate and say he did not come in last year with a hip injury, had a full camp and got all first team reps ( basically COVID never existed ). I'm amazed how anyone on here who are not involved with football for a living ( maybe you are ) can make observations from I believe 8 games or so that would lead them to believe we made the wrong choice. I'm am sure the coaches and front office personel know alot more about football than the average person posting on discussion forum. On the QB's you want, I've loved watching Rodgers play throughtout his career, but would not be willing to mortgage our future to have him. Watson, on professional point he is a great QB, on a personal note he is disgusting and we don't need that kind of distraction here.

Back
Top Bottom